[Archive] Flying machines

Kera foehunter:

i know chaos dwarfs have the taururs

but i was thinking with all the steam power and oil

how come they never made flying war machines?

furrie:

because they have a taurus and lammasu ?

Kera foehunter:

Don’t you think some cd dwarf engineer ,would down some pint and think this might be a

new great idea !

AGPO:

Well dwarfs invented the Gyrocopter partly to counter other race’s dominance of the skies (see the Nazgul in LoTR films for why this would be a bad thing!). Chaos Dwarfs already have the Taurus and the Lammassu, as well as powerful magic so its not so much of a problem for them. The other reason was for communication, as the old methods of communicating between holds had fallen with the Empire. CDs don’t have this problem as our empire is intact :cheers In other words, there was never the need so it never happened

Merchant:

Well I think its’ a great idea, but I can only imagende that it might be a gyrocopter with some kind of rocket or railgun on it…

Kera foehunter:

well what about a troop transport some thing bigger than a gyro

maybe a blimp??

Xander:

I could see a troop transport of some kind as Chaos Dwarf Raiders generally have to travel long distances to raid anything. They also use their naval fleet for transport.

Sojourn:

I want my own flying machine… and I think I understand where Kera is coming from. it’s my understanding that they were quite the engineers and industrious, correct? so sure, they have magic and they have flying beasts, but for serious, something mechanical would seem very inline with them. It would be like us having large machines and such but still riding a horse to work. shrugs

I still want my own flying machine. :stuck_out_tongue:

furrie:

why not make a deamon powered F16 :stuck_out_tongue:

snowblizz:

i know chaos dwarfs have  the taururs
but  i was thinking with all the steam power and oil
how come they never made flying war machines?

Kera foehunter
They are still awaiting FAA approval. For some reason the steampowered flying juggernaught, with rockets for VTOL capabilities wasn't considered appropriate for civil use. Rumours it has something to do with the "big hats" are completely unfounded says FAA spokesperson.

Kera foehunter:

well furrie f -15  the f stands for fighter !!!

i was thinking like a trans porter

snow blitz i could use a big hat as a hang glider??

well sorjourn we girls , might have to do something !!!

who want to ride a smelly beast when you can have a flying machine with slaves!!!

Willmark:

They are still awaiting FAA approval. For some reason the steampowered flying juggernaught, with rockets for VTOL capabilities wasn't considered appropriate for civil use. Rumours it has something to do with the "big hats" are completely unfounded says FAA spokesperson.

snowblizz
This is worthy of slaves, LMFAO!

snowblizz:

snowblizz
This is worthy of slaves, LMFAO!

Willmark
Why thank you. A moment of divine :hashut inspiration I imagine.

Now, these slaves you speak of, what are they exactly? And how do I get them to do chores?
I have a feeling there's some vital introductory information I may have managed to ignore.

minty:

hehehe, that was great snowblizz.

on the flying machines subject it is a cool idea, I mean I can just imagine us with a full fleet of plane style machiens zooming over the empire, dropping off the troops in commando style (heck, there aerodynamicaly designed. The move throught the air quickly (downward) and dont cause much damage on impact) where they round up the slaves and get a lift back to Zharr nagrund.

PS: Snowblizz, are you the same one from warhammer realm, if so then I’m HLY:)

snowblizz:

hehehe, that was great snowblizz.

on the flying machines subject it is a cool idea, I mean I can just imagine us with a full fleet of plane style machiens zooming over the empire, dropping off the troops in commando style (heck, there aerodynamicaly designed. The move throught the air quickly (downward) and dont cause much damage on impact) where they round up the slaves and get a lift back to Zharr nagrund.

PS: Snowblizz, are you the same one from warhammer realm, if so then I'm HLY:)

minty
Yes I know (I read the introductions thread). It is indeed "me". The one and only. I see your spelling remains as... consistent... as ever. :~

The question does remain however what need does one have for flying machines. Obviously we understand that they can be quite useful. But does any CD realise this? Or more importantly can he convince a sorcerer who already has a flying mount that it is a good idea? CDs strike me as somewhat conservative, or rather insular (which sort of is a problem in WHFB). Few dwarfs willingly get of the ground, and I don't see this being much more prevalent among CDs. Could I see some kind of demonic flapping steam powered thing, sure why not. I don't remember who but someone did take an Ork Fighta-bomma with a CD as pilot as a Great Taurus to a Hillbilly years ago. Not a bad idea in of itself.
Dunno, something just doesn't "feel" right. WHFB is tech-ing up a frightful rate as it is.

minty:

well, GW already gave us necular weapons, and it has stated many times that the CD are fast advancing and forward thinking, and dwarves. If a dwarf wasnt to make something, it’s damn well gonna be made, regardless of the laws of physics.

Kera foehunter:

i was thinking like this

! but make it a diffrent color

Grimstonefire:

AGPO pretty much sums it up. Our empire has not been split up, so there hasn’t been the need. However, I could see the CD engineers making them just because they could.

The Dwarfs are heavily tied town by tradition and guild rules. Gyros may eventually have been begrudgingly accepted, but those that build and fly them are still thought of as crazy by most dwarfs.

The whole concept of trying to build new things is not part of what the Dwarfs do, but I think it would be for CD.

I doubt we’d see one in a CD list though, mainly because they its a unique feature of the dwarf list.

slev:

How about CD engineers with steam-powered mechanical wings and blunderbuss’, using the rules for the Birdmen from RoR.

Kera foehunter:

good point !! Slev But it would take a lot of single glider to move a armed force!

but i think grims is so right !!(sadly but true) it the change thing!!!