[Archive] For Hashut! As the Prophet wills it!

Dezmord:

Hello fellow Sorcerer-Prophets!

I’m usually only active on warseer, but several users have pointed me to this forum, because you might like my Chaos Dwarfs :hat off

The army, using the rules and models of LoA, was started in february and has already reached ~300 points.

Here are some pictures:

…more pics will follow!

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

DAGabriel:

Welcome on CDO, as you may have noted I went the other way and started my plog here and than opened up on warseer. Loved your painting there and it is nice to have you here!

vulcanologist:

Welcome…and great start! Your colour scheme is very different to anything else I’ve seen here! Looking forward to seeing more!

Stepper:

What a cool painting style, i like it alot.

Hope 2 see more of this growing and awesome army.

Ciao,

Stepper

Dezmord:

Good to see that you guys like my evil stunties!

Here’s some more:

Dezmord:

Hello fellow Sorcerer-Prophets!

I’m usually only active on warseer, but several users have pointed me to this forum, because you might like my Chaos Dwarfs :hat off

The army, using the rules and models of LoA, was started in february and has already reached ~300 points.

Here are some pictures:

…more pics will follow!

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Grimstonefire:

I’m glad someone has done the black with red highlights on the IG. I’ve been wanting to see how effective it would look for distinguishing them as Immortals (using my list).

It’s certainly a striking colour scheme.  Are you planning to base the other warmachines?

I saw this over at warseer but I’m not sure I commented on it.

I think the Lamassu would look better with darker wing membrane, like the Bale Taurus.

Vardan Painkiller:

very nice theme with blue light effects

vulcanologist:

Very nice! The skullcracker is superb and I love the skintones you’ve used!

Karring:

Welcome...and great start! Your colour scheme is very different to anything else I've seen here! Looking forward to seeing more!

vulcanologist
+1.
A gorgeus scheme, fellow. I love the contrast you have reached, with that brilliant red-obsidian black-blue oxide.

Really, I am impressed.

I think those skins need more lights for being perfect, but it is only my personal like.

Keep up the good work!

beefcake:

Love the grey look to the skin. definately more evil looking, more highlighting wouldn’t go amiss though. The Red on black looks great. Nice to see a bright red Taurus looking rather firey

Skink:

What I really like about your color scheme is the massive use of neutral tones balanced by reds. It really gives the CDs a unique feeling.

Myself I’m not a big fan of gray skin but your models are really lovely painted. Great army so far.

Dezmord:

Thanks for all the kind words!

Let me try to answer all the questions/suggestions:

Are you planning to base the other warmachines?

I think the Lamassu would look better with darker wing membrane, like the Bale Taurus.

Grimstonefire
No, I’m not planning to base them. The intention of the bases on the Iron Daemon/Sklullcracker is to better be able to measure distances etc.

Funnily enough, the wings are painted in exactly the same colours on both models - I blame the lighting…
I think those skins need more lights for being perfect, but it is only my personal like.

Karring
The top-highlight is actually nearly pure Rotting Flesh - it doesn’t show on some models, though. I’d be afraid that they might be too bright with more higlights (it’s 5 different highlights by now)

Let’s see if you also like my newest addition to the army: here’s a WIP of my Warpfire Dragon

Da Crusha:

Hi Dezmord welcome to the site. I was one of the people from warseer that wanted you to post your spectacular army over here.

Karring:

Lovely warp-fire effect in the dragon, hahaha. Go on.

tjub:

I like it, interesting choice of colors! :slight_smile:

Animatone:

Very cool stuff… Keep it coming.

I think the blue in the metal portions of your army is very striking and really makes pretty much everything stand out.

Incredibly original and unique, and the Warpstone Dragon looks killer!

brotsorrow:

Welcome to the site… I for one love the grey skin tones on your dwarfs. Ironically enough my gf suggested grey to signify them being in mines and no sunlight. You have great skills and hopefully you keep posting more pics of your army. Can you post some close ups of your models?

Samanos:

Duegars!! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Admiral:

Glad you’ve come. I like both the Lammasu and Warpfire Dragon. As the army progress I hope you’ll post pictures of your various units in the gallery section: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=41

It would be a shame to not have your uniquely painted Chaos Dwarfs included in the photographical collections. :wink: