[Archive] Forge World Bull Centaurs Delivered (Pics)

Animatone:

Hello All,

Just got them in today and thought I share some pictures. I must say I really like them and they won’t disappoint. I actually think they’re cooler once you get your hands on them then in all the pictures and what not. But you can be the judge. I left out a lot of the bits for times sake, but you can get a better idea of how they look from these pictures. Hope you enjoy them enough to go out and buy some! I’m already looking at increasing my student loans to cover a second order (kidding).

Take care

RichardC1967:

Hello All,

Just got them in today and thought I share some pictures. I must say I really like them and they won't disappoint. I actually think they're cooler once you get your hands on them then in all the pictures and what not. But you can be the judge. I left out a lot of the bits for times sake, but you can get a better idea of how they look from these pictures. Hope you enjoy them enough to go out and buy some! I'm already looking at increasing my student loans to cover a second order (kidding).

Take care

Animatone
looks like you left out the pictures too..lol

Animatone:

Strange they show up… then don’t???

Animatone:

Sorry about that, I think it works now… At least I can see them.

Marduk:

I can see them. Thanks!

RichardC1967:

Sorry about that, I think it works now... At least I can see them.

Animatone
yep..there they are

CopperPot:

Nice one cant wait now till I get mine.

Vogon:

And here am I stuck on the other side of the world with my own Bull Centaurs languishing back in Blighty until I get back next week.

Nice pictures, not quite how I was expecting them to be split but the look pretty interchangeable.

Larendard:

Hmmm, somehow i still like the old bighat centaurs more…

Karring:

Uhh… is not that base 40x60 mm? o_O

Cool miniatures. Thanks a lot for the pics :). I have to e-mail FW asking them why they use those resin pedestals in all CD miniatures…

Karring:

Uhh... is not that base 40x60 mm? o_O

Karring
No.

We had that x-times.

IT IS A 75 x 50 BASE

Greetings

Herby
Thank you. I saw the base and the measures above... For a moment, I was puzzled

cornixt:

Are the parts all interchangeable? The heads and hands look like they are but it isn’t very clear for the bull parts.

Animatone:

Are the parts all interchangeable? The heads and hands look like they are but it isn't very clear for the bull parts.

cornixt
I seriously opened them up, laid them out, snapped a few pictures and then back in the box they went. So I really didn't look to closely at them, but I can say with confidence that you can change things around, heads and torsos at least with minimal conversion work.

So I think there's a lot of potential combos to pull off with them, which I'm very pleased with.

FW does it again in my book... They really won me over here.

Now if FW would just sculpt some helmeted heads resembling the current Infernal Gaurd and some great weapons I'd be even more pumped!

Marduk:

Now if FW would just sculpt some helmeted heads resembling the current Infernal Gaurd and some great weapons I'd be even more pumped!

Animatone
+1!!

Mad Dave:

I’m hoping to pick some of these up Monday when i visit GW HQ.

Grimstonefire:

Are the parts all interchangeable? The heads and hands look like they are but it isn't very clear for the bull parts.

cornixt
There is a designated front and back of the lower body (A, B and C).  So those parts you would be wise not to mess around with as they are not designed to be swapped.

The upper bodies should all be interchangeable.  Maybe a tiny bit of filing or gap filling, but it really would be tiny.

Something I'm not sure anyone has mentioned is that the armour plates have tiny pictures on them I didn't spot in the games day pics.

Like slaves kneeling before a bull, or before a fire, or a bull with an axe etc.  Cool stuff and incredibly detailed.

Ben Curry:

I have 6 of these Preordered to collect from WHW this weekend! Can’t wait.

Grimstonefire:

I should mention as well, I was having a playing around last night with these and it’s possible to use Ogre Bulls arms for converting.  The hands need to be sculpted etc if you are not using the shield, but it will be possible to have at least one holding a GW in both hands.

Edit.  Infact I’d say 2 out of the three, but not this one. Which I suppose is good for variety.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/Bull-centaursp9.jpg

Animatone:

I should mention as well, I was having a playing around last night with these and it's possible to use Ogre Bulls arms for converting.  The hands need to be sculpted etc if you are not using the shield, but it will be possible to have at least one holding a GW in both hands.

Edit.  Infact I'd say 2 out of the three, but not this one.  Which I suppose is good for variety.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/Bull-centaursp9.jpg

Grimstonefire
I also did the same comparison and I think because the size of the BC is larger then that of the OK Bull using the Minotaur arms, more so the great weapons and hand weapons they would be a perfect fit. The fists are larger and more closely match the size of the BC. The big problem is however the arm positioning of two of the BC torsos, you'd have to chop the arms to make it work, but one of the three can be an easy swap I believe.

But none the less great weapons are definitely doable with these models!

Satan:

What loadout will ppl be using? I thought the spear didn’t do anything except let them fight in 3 ranks, but do they get parry saves since they don’t count as cavalry?