[Archive] Forge World Daemonsmith Group

Marduk:

I am ordering a group of three “Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmiths” from Forge World.

The description says they represent a Sorcerer-Prophet, a Daemonsmith and Infernal Castellan.

How do I know which is what?

Does an ensorcelled weapon and a darkforged weapon have different appearances?

What is the guy in the middle holding in his right hand?

Thanks.

khedyarl:

The one on the left holding the head in his outstretched hand is the Castellan. The one with the steam backpack in the middle is holding a pipe. He’s the Daemonsmith. The one on the far right is the Prophet. There is also an additional hand that comes with the three that is pointing - and I think it’s meant as a replacement for the Castellan in case you don’t want him holding a head.

Ugly Green Trog:

The one on the left holding the head in his outstretched hand is the Castellan.  The one with the steam backpack in the middle is holding a pipe.  He's the Daemonsmith.  The one on the far right is the Prophet.  There is also an additional hand that comes with the three that is pointing - and I think it's meant as a replacement for the Castellan in case you don't want him holding a head.

khedyarl
You've just made my day Khedyarl :). I was thinking I'd have to convert that guy as I'm not a fan of the head holding arm. Hoping to pick that pack up at UK GD in september.

khedyarl:

They really are gorgeous minis. Beautiful sculpts.

Marduk:

Thank you Khedyarl. This means a lot to my evil little men.

beefcake:

I want to get some too. I don’t have any FW minis. These would be first on my list. Cheaper than GW stuff too

Bitterman:

I want to get some too. I don't have any FW minis. These would be first on my list. Cheaper than GW stuff too

beefcake
Shhhhhhh! If you say it out loud, they might realise and raise the price!

beefcake:

Oops. I mean Still costs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than GW stuff. :slight_smile:

tvandyke:

The one on the left holding the head in his outstretched hand is the Castellan.  The one with the steam backpack in the middle is holding a pipe.  He's the Daemonsmith.  The one on the far right is the Prophet.  There is also an additional hand that comes with the three that is pointing - and I think it's meant as a replacement for the Castellan in case you don't want him holding a head.

khedyarl
Actually, the additional hand that's pointing is a replacement for the pipe. The Castellan is stuck with the head.

tvandyke:

Oops. I mean Still costs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than GW stuff. :)

beefcake
Not this character pack. The 3 characters are $27 or about $9 a model. Current GW Finecast characters are anywhere from $13 to $18 a model. FW is actually quite a bargain in this case and the three models are outstanding sculpts, IMO.

flashgordon:

fw have had their moments, like the bfg space marine strike cruiser i believe was cheaper as was the thunderhawk, not sure now as it meens clicking on the tab and then using my eyes, but i know at 1 point they were

IanC:

Myself, i sue the guy with the backpack as my Sorcerer-prophet. Just seems to look the part!

Marduk:

What type of weapon is the Castellan holding?

cornixt:

This might answer your questions:

[[Chaos Dwarf Models - Warhammer Forge]]

You can use them as any character really - if you can barely tell which one is meant to be a sorcerer or a hero then your opponent won’t be able to either. None of them are particularly specifically armed in a way that screams what they are, they are pretty subtle.

Barukh:

I plan on using all three as sorcerers/daemonsmiths. If you have the Hellsmith they made you could use that as a Castellan as well.