[Archive] Forgeworld Chaos Dwarf sales doing "well"

Time of Madness:

Just an update here, I had a chance to chat with the people at Forgeworld yesterday via phone.

Apparently the sales of Chaos Dwarfs have exceeded there expectations by a fair margin.

Just curious how many people picked up some items from Forgeworld since the release. Are others waiting till more models are released?

My plan of attack has been to wait until further models are released so I can put a larger order in and take advantage of the free shipping. Are other people doing this as well?

All in all though, Forgeworld seemed ecstatic at all the support and by the sounds of it they plan on pumping out monthly Chaos Dwarf releases all summer long.

Time of Madness

Admiral:

Now these are good news, though expected. (Some of my friends had only good things to say about the new FW Chaos Dwarfs, and they had never been interested in evil stunties before, other than as Hellcannon crew.) On the “ordinary” GW side of things, in the long run, Chaos Dwarfs may well be included as a unit in the Warriors of Chaos army book, and perhaps even gain a true army book of their own.

I have not bought anything: Am waiting for further releases and sounder finances after moving house.

I really hope that at least FW continue to carry out Warhammer’s expansion east (prepared for by Ogre Kingdoms). First Chaos Dwarfs as an army of their own, and then perhaps Ind, Cathay and Nippon. Araby is at least sure to receive a FW range sometime later on.

ryanamandaanna:

I’m gonna buy as it comes out. bit more pricey for shipping, but easier on my wallet in smaller chunks. :wink: So far I picked up fireglaives, command, and the iron daemon (just got them today, in fact).

Pyro Stick:

Really good news about the new models doing well, although i knew they would. They are the first new chaos dwarf models in years and i dont know how anyone can say no to them. Ive only bought one unit of infernal guard so far but im planning on buying most of what they release as they release it (well the cheaper units anyway). Ill have to save up for some of the warmachines and buy them last but things like characters and single models/small units will be instant buys. Ive been waiting for these models for too long to ignore them.

Grimstonefire:

I’m a bit surprised really if they were doing a lot better than expected, as they should have expected them to sell well!?

I’m thinking I will wait now until maybe end of july/august before ordering enough to get free shipping.  Get a ‘free’ regiment or something with all the money saved.

Smagma:

I have bought 20 fireglaives, 20 reg infernal guard, 3 commands, 1 iron daemon, and 1 Chaos siege Giant, so maybe I’ve spiked the sales data for all of you who appear to be holding off for 1 big order!  I was a bit worried that too many people would hold off, which would then be interpreted as lack of interest in the models, which would lead to fewer models/units released, etc.  Glad to hear this hasn’t been the case so far.  

I plan on buying everything released, except doubles of things that really aren’t necessary like Iron Daemon.  I think I’ll try to assemble mine to cover both the steam cannonade option and the Skullcracker option all in one model as I don’t need to own 2, and don’t want to assemble and paint more than one, either!

As I’ve mentioned previously, I had sworn off of GW for 5-6 years until they redid the CD, so now that my wish has been answered, I’m all in for the new models.  

On that note, the new FW models are VERY high quality, easy to work with, and VERY detailed.  The models don’t look like they are that detailed in the pics (look plain and dull), but once you have them in hand, the detail is well above average.  My only regret is that the regular IG don’t come with Great Weapon options in the kit.  Conversions will be a pain, to be sure.  -S

wallacer:

Just an update here, I had a chance to chat with the people at Forgeworld yesterday via phone.

Apparently the sales of Chaos Dwarfs have exceeded there expectations by a fair margin.

Time of Madness
That's interesting to know.

Personally i've bought the two units and the command, plus the iron daemon.

G.2:

Apparently the sales of Chaos Dwarfs have exceeded there expectations by a fair margin. ...

... All in all though, Forgeworld seemed ecstatic at all the support and by the sounds of it they plan on pumping out monthly Chaos Dwarf releases all summer long.

Time of Madness
I hope this opens GW's eyes as to requirements of their customers. And they in turn jump on the "Evil Stuntie Band Wagon", and start producing some material for the Chaos Dwarfs - even it is just some White Dwarf articles.

Thanks for sharing the great news. This is indeed a very positive outcome.

saearath:

Indeed great news but like many waiting for a larger order so I don’t kill my wallet in shipping costs, and it gives me time deciding just how much I need.

Shakhorth:

Indeed great news but like many waiting for a larger order so I don't kill my wallet in shipping costs, and it gives me time deciding just how much I need.

saearath
Yup same here. Besides I'd like to see the book first in order to make up my mind what to buy to augment my current troops.

And the fact my VISA card is still enroute. :)

furrie:

I’m waiting till the book will be released and then order alot at once, so I’m saving up some money for this.

unheilig:

I’ve ordered 2 x 10 strong fireglaive packs, a command pack, and the iron demon.

I plan on adding 3 packs of hand weapon + shield infernals and another command pack to whatever new releases come out in June… if i can wait that long.

Nazhur:

Wonderful news, that meens we will ge more CD goodness :slight_smile:

macbeth:

I’ve ordered an Iron daemon, and I’m waiting for the rest of the train. Good news they sell well, we can hope for more in the future…

Admiral:

I hope this opens GW's eyes as to requirements of their customers. And they in turn jump on the "Evil Stuntie Band Wagon", and start producing some material for the Chaos Dwarfs - even it is just some White Dwarf articles.

G.2
I hope so too, although the chances sadly seem slim since White Dwarf has gone from being a great hobby magazine filled with everything one should expect (especially background of all sorts) to being a pimped catalogue. Or has this changed? I bought WD for some years until quality dumped (some time after the spot-on Ogre Kingdom articles, I reckon), and have not read any new White Dwarf for over a year. The army books seem to have swallowed all the quality stuff, which is good in a way, but WD should be there for exploring some of the less mainstream themes, as it did in the past.

Eventually we may hold our thumbs for plastic CD releases, but that seem quite unlikely for the time being, given the fact that GW still haven't done plastic Death Korps of Krieg despite huge demand.

G.2:

... the chances sadly seem slim since White Dwarf has gone from being a great hobby magazine filled with everything one should expect (especially background of all sorts) to being a pimped catalogue. ...
...Eventually we may hold our thumbs for plastic CD releases, but that seem quite unlikely for the time being, given the fact that GW still haven't done plastic Death Korps of Krieg despite huge demand.

Admiral
I am going to block my ears AND hide my head in the sand. I don't like what you are telling me. And even worse, I don't want to agree with your viewpoints, but unfortunately I do. I want to believe that GW will come around from their current state

Baggronor:

I bought an Iron Daemon. No idea what I’ll do with it but its there. Will likely pick up the Sorcerer Prophet and the Skullcracker too.

Admiral:

I am going to block my ears AND hide my head in the sand. I don't like what you are telling me. And even worse, I don't want to agree with your viewpoints, but unfortunately I do. I want to believe that GW will come around from their current state

G.2
Sorry, but I'm certain that GW will come around sooner and later, and return to their roots, so to speak. This certainty is not only born out of hope and my natural optimism.

They do a lot of quality stuff, but perhaps they need something - like a big drop in sales due to horrendous pricing - to overlook their current system. Currently it's all modern big-business thinking, short-sighted and geared for quick profits. This is not a fit way to go, in the long run. A shrinking GW will be forced to listen more to their customers, and perhaps change strategy - with packs and pricing geared towards what Mantic is doing now, so that you can get large armies quite cheap as was once the case. (Also they might sell more of their range through mail-order if it no longer becomes profitable to have much of it stocked in store.) That would mean good chances for plastic CDs. GW will probably come around, and gear itself for long-term stability and smaller profits, with sights on beating competitors and regaining market shares. That is, they'll return to their roots.

We'll hope and see. :hat off

Baggronor:

I fervently believe it is only a matter of time until a real competitor shows up too. Someone with the advertising enthusiasm of Mantic and the sculpting quality of AoW, and hopefully a good attitude.

Bassman:

That’s really a good new! Hoper this will provide us with new units and more Chaos dwarfish bonanza :smiley:

FW prices are to high for me. I already have what I need and not wanting a new CD army I’d not buy their stuff. Said this I will buy the new book as soon as it will be available. I want to play Chaos Dwarfs with a GW/FW army book! :smiley: