[Archive] Forgeworld Chaos Dwarfs... hell, why not?

Sobek:

Thats the thing; we have to pretend like we are inquiring seperatley. Then they’ll say "Oh, look at all these people who want Chaos Dwarves, hmm, you know, maybe we can make them sooner than later!"

Sneaky sneaky.

AGPO:

To be honest I wouldn’t buy many, possibly the characters or war machines. I’d rather convert my models - cheaper and more individual

cypher:

What we need is a CD conversion kit for the standard dwarf warriors, like the space wolf terminator kit or the Red Scorpions kit.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Indeed. It would be a good start at least.

And it wouldn’t be big problem for FW to do either.

dabiggrotsboss:

Yes, so regardless of the FW response, we should ALL be sending in comments and requesting CDs.

torn:

Something like what ishkur has been doing with resin molding is nothing different than what forgeworld wold do. It would maybes take them a couple of days. All we would have to do is prove that they would make their money back by doing it.

AGPO:

Forgeworld have a schedule and a plan just like the rest of GW. Don’t forget a) they have a list of future projects to complete, b) they mainly concentrate on 40k anyway and c) they can’t do anything head office doesn’t agree with, and at the moment they won’t touch CDs with a ten foot broomstick

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Let’s rather see this as a long-term endeavour. The best way to give feedback to Forgeworld is through the online order form. We can’t expect any results within the next months or year, but eventually we might get the Chaos Dwarfs onto their to-do list - or at least into their ideas drawer.

dabiggrotsboss:

And here is the response I received today!

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment there are no plans to delve further into the world of
Warhammer as we are already so busy working on Imperial Armour and
Aeronautica Imperialis.

I have heard many times, however, that Chaos Dwarves are on the ‘to-do’
list for Games Workshop, so hopefully you will not need to wait too long
to see a full army revision and new model range. There’s no hint of a
date at the moment, only things said by the development team at events.

Regards,

Stuart McQuarrie

Forge World

torn:

another positive reply, so maybes the rumours about a new army book is true. Then again by the time it takes to happen ill have my army finished anyway.

AGPO:

another positive reply, so maybes the rumours about a new army book is true. Then again by the time it takes to happen ill have my army finished anyway.

torn
Well then you'll be ready to test the new list when it comes out. GW often consults the forums on GDev matters. Besides, they'll put in some new stuff in the army list, and some new minis wouldn't hurt

dabiggrotsboss:

I would be happy to be a playtester, if needed. My big hats are ready!

Gill:

After sending a message to the peole at forgeworld, maybe 30 minutes ago i have recieved this message in return.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the moment there are no plans to delve further into the world of

Warhammer as we are already so busy working on Imperial Armour and

Aeronautica Imperialis.

I have heard many times, however, that Chaos Dwarves are on the ‘to-do’

list for Games Workshop, so hopefully you will not need to wait too long

to see a full army revision and new model range. There’s no hint of a

date at the moment, only things said by the development team at events.

Regards,

Stuart McQuarrie

Forge World

Hope this provides some insight into the current situation.

torn:

thats exactly the same reply as the other dude got. Maybes they get so many requests they have a standard reply message set up.

dabiggrotsboss:

Hehehe, that’s funny. A canned response.

AGPO:

Well, at least it shows theres enough interest for them to bother with a canned response, or maybe he just copied and pasted the previous e-mail…

Xander:

It’s funny reading this from over 3 years ago.

Haha, good for a laugh. :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hah epic win! :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

It’s finally happening!

elrodogg: