[Archive] Forgeworld figures request

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Slaves? Nah, you don’t have to do that. Fighting for “The Cause” is cause enough!

Captain Crayon:

This fills me with glee. Yep. Glee.

Even though i have a somewhat unhealthy attachment to the large hats and tusks, the hats probably don’t suit the current ‘feel’ of warhammer being much more dark and moody rather than alittle lighthearted.

Hats, masks, helmets i don’t care. I just want them :smiley:

Henroth:

Slaves? Nah, you don't have to do that. Fighting for "The Cause" is cause enough!

Tarrakk Blackhand
Exactly, for that to serve the slaves.

clam:

Submitted my recommendation: Chaos dwarf for a win :smiley:

Swissdictator:

On the plus side: Think how freaking awesome our army would look if Forgeworld did do them.

I’m still tempted to get DKoK… and probably will someday.

Honestly, I’d be happy to have a more expensive army that looks fantastic as that could let me field a gorgeous army. Though I do hope they’d use that as a initial release before some plastics to allow people with smaller wallets to jump in.

wallacer:

I would probably buy all of their CD stuff no matter what it cost (which is actually slightly concerning)

Swissdictator:

I would probably buy all of their CD stuff no matter what it cost (which is actually slightly concerning)

wallacer
I suspect you wouldn't be the only one. I would as well, just over what amount of time is the question. If it's your favorite army, it's not surprising, and if you spread it over a time frame you can afford it's just being a fan of the army. So don't feel bad.

Amy I reassuring you, me, or bot of us at this point? :P

Filipicusius:

Dawi Zharr on the march! Stuff is happening!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok, i signed up, but just have to wait for the usual registration stuff to take place.

Ubertechie:

Filipicusius

‘If you show me a battle report where you have beaten an elf or a dwarf (non chaos dwarf) army, the inquisition will reward you with 5 slaves!!!’

Is that with a chaos dwarf army or any army - because my dark evles just love beating up High elf armies - ast 2 games against them have resulted in no high elves left on the table after turn 5

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok guys, I’m waiting for the web page to display my post, but here it is for you guys to see a day in advance!

Forgeworld should begin by building Chaos Dwarf Mini’s. PERIOD!

Why is this?

First and foremost, EVERY Warhammer army is well established and has a plethora of parts and figures avalible to them with new models comming out every month. They may not be the best designed figures or everyone’s personal favorites, but they do exist. Currently, you can buy a Bone Giant, Chaos Maurauder, Dark Elf, or any other figure you need for your army. All armies are well supported by Games Workshop EXCEPT for one.

That army is Chaos Dwarfs.

The last time Games Workshop made figures for this army was in 1995. There never was a specific book for the army, just a compilation of White Dwarf articles that were bound into a book format and titled “White Dwarf Presents : Chaos Dwarfs”. It contained background stories, stats and even a battle or two based on articles written in earily White Dwarfs. There was a promise to make an official army book, but that hasn’t happened in all this time.

At the time, many people bought the figures and built their armies based upon them. Sadly, Games Workshop decided to put a hold on the Chaos Dwarfs and development ceased. It’s not a total drop for Chaos Dwarfs. We still have The Hellcannon and Bloodbowl figures as well as the random mention in Ogre Kingdoms and The Official Rule Book, but as an “Army” of figures, those days are currently over. This left many people with orphan armies.

Recently, there is a lot of interest in Chaos Dwarfs with web sites like www.chaos-dwarfs.com that were developed by people that owned Chaos Dwarf armies and by people that WANT Chaos Dwarf armies. So far, membership on www.chaos-dwarfs.com is over 1200 people and growing every day.

These people, myself included, are new to the hobby and are converting the figures in The Battle For Skull Pass sets with Greenstuff into Chaos Dwarf armies. We are also spending large ammounts of money on original 1995 Chaos Dwarf figures from Ebay to have “nostalgia” armies as well as making new armies of our own. As a customer, I would rather buy compleated models off the shelf in a GW store instead of converting existing armies or hunting down Ebay. It’s more cost and time efficient.

As a hobby shop owner, I often have customers who want to play Warhammer Fantasy, but don’t like the current armies. I then show them www.chaos-dwarfs.com and their eyes light up as they look over the conversion work that the members are doing. By the end of the day, I’ve sold a few Skull Pass boxes. If there were actual Chaos Dwarf models, then I would have sold out of them a long time ago.

And think of it this way. Each box set of figures retails in Canada for $45+. You would need 4 boxes of different figures to make up the 100 figure count in a $75 Battle for Skull Pass box. 4 boxes at $45=$180. Therefore, Games Workshop loses $105 per BFSP when one of us converts it to Chaos Dwarfs. If you could get us buying the 4 boxes of YOUR Chaos Dwarfs, you’d make that money up pretty quickly, more so than if you just made a few modified Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts.

And for those 1200+ on the www.chaos-dwarfs.com website I mentioned, that would get you $54 000+ if all of those people bought just 1 box of 16 mini warriors. And as all good gammers know, you can’t have an army of 16 figures. You NEED MORE!

Luckily, there are more people and more web sites dedicated to Chaos Dwarfs, so building these figures would be a great starting point, better than concentrating on building up current existing armies.

When you do this, I would like a Lammasu, Great Taurus, 16+ Bull Centaurs, 3 divisions of Blunderbuss Crew and enough boxes to supply my hobby store - www.freewebs.com/monsterhobbies.

Sincerly,

Trevor Ursulescu

Monster Hobbies

wallacer:

Good lord, that’s quite a post :o

Well done though, it should give them something to think about.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX. and you were worried that i was just a “spam” poster! LOL!

P.S. Where’s the slaves! LOL!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I visited the site recently and I don’t think they posted my letter. I wonder if someone could copy and paste it there on my behalf?

Thanx.

Kera foehunter:

that is a hella post!!! great job mr t

AGPO:

Whats great is the number of people speaking up for Chaos Dwarfs who aren’t even members of the site

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I see my big post made it to the site…but I don’t think anyone is reading it.

Filipicusius:

Filipicusius
'If you show me a battle report where you have beaten an elf or a dwarf (non chaos dwarf) army, the inquisition will reward you with 5 slaves!!!'
Is that with a chaos dwarf army or any army - because my dark evles just love beating up High elf armies - ast 2 games against them have resulted in no high elves left on the table after turn 5

Ubertechie
Let's just say that if you send me a battlereport where you play elves, you owe ME five slaves. :cheers

wallacer:

I see my big post made it to the site...but I don't think anyone is reading it.

Tarrakk Blackhand
Maybe the people on Warseer don't have attention spans long enough.

Hazkar:

@tarrakk:great speach

hazkar starts standing ovations alone in his room