[Archive] Forgeworld production query

wallacer:

Does anyone know how long it takes Forgeworld to get a figure from concept through to production?

The reason that I ask is i’m wondering how long we might expect to wait for them to produce CD figures assuming they have done the conceptual stuff.

Loki:

i think its along time, at last years gamesday uk 08 i got a peak at the greater daemon of change concept art and they still have not done the model for it as they have done the greater daemons for the other gods we know that it is coming so its at least a year if not more to get things done :frowning:

snowblizz:

I would say that depends heavily on the model and what kind of sculptor is involved. I think they have several free lancers e.g. Some will work faster than others, large models would likely take longer to complete than smaller ones. We don’t have that much reference to work with.

Since I don’t think it is even official that they will do them I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Grimstonefire:

We don’t tend to hear about things in production before they get to production stage, so that’s a really hard question to answer.

I think that if FW were to release a CD book they’d need at least half the models made ready for launch.  If GW do it the time issue isn’t so important as they’d do at least half in plastic for launch.

My guess is that concept models already exist, but whether for regular GW or FW I couldn’t guess.  Generally though I would say at least 18 months in advance. Which means that IF the rumoured army is CD they’re already making models.

Henroth:

Which means that IF the rumoured army is CD they're already making models.

Grimstonefire
If that happen, I to make The Road to Lourdes, kneeling and walk back.

x.x x.x x.x

Border Reiver:

Bah - that’s not so far.

Now if you were to make a pilgrimage on your knees to Nottingham I’d be impressed.:wink:

grupax:

Bah - that's not so far.

Now if you were to make a pilgrimage on your knees to Nottingham I'd be impressed.;)

Border Reiver
their office is based on an island so it'd be kinda tricky for anyone outside of england to attempt

wallacer:

their office is based on an island so it'd be kinda tricky for anyone outside of england to attempt

grupax
Unless they used the channel tunnel.

18 months isn't that long I guess, considering how long we've been waiting for already.

Border Reiver:

Bah - that's not so far.

Now if you were to make a pilgrimage on your knees to Nottingham I'd be impressed.;)

Border Reiver

grupax
Which was why I was being a little tongue in cheek.

Groznit Goregut:

Didn’t the guy who posted about the new secret army say that he’s seen minis already? Something about them being some of the best he’s ever seen.

cornixt:

That was about 2 months ago!

mattbird:

WHAT? You mean that everything I read on the internet is not true? OMG!!!1WTF!!>??

wallacer:

Didn't the guy who posted about the new secret army say that he's seen minis already?  Something about them being some of the best he's ever seen.

Groznit Goregut
Yeah he did, but he wouldn't confirm what they actually were (because if he did then of course the universe would implode resulting in a negative fiscal impact on GW and FW's budgets).

Kera foehunter:

well let see it implode!!!

Groznit Goregut:

Yeah, I know it’s just a rumor and that not everything on the internet is true. I am saying, though, that you can’t say that we haven’t seen molds and it has to be xyz time before any minis are produced. It is possible to have it all done in secret and not show anyone.

mattbird:

yup, it totally is, and GW has made a real point of cracking down 100% on all “real” rumors. The skaven and beastmen rumors on warseer, for instance, are total BS. They came from a fan made wish list posted a year or so ago…

mattbird:

BTW- Kera, that is the best cat ever.

Kera foehunter:

that a skaven slayer cat !!!

thanks mattbird

snowblizz:

that a  skaven slayer cat !!!!!
thanks mattbird

Kera foehunter
I have to disagree, while I'm an ailurophile, that cat needs to be put down. Now.

Kera foehunter:

well your a anti ailurophile!!! Keep it up i feed you to the fishes!!