[Archive] found some very old Chaos Dwarfs!

starscream:

I was at a car boot sale today and paid £5 for a biscuit tin full of old metal minis. I only recognised a classic minotaur and blood bowl ogre at first but that was enough to justify the cost.

Anyway, after rummagging I found 4 chaos dwarfs from 1985. I have tracked them down on SOL to these:

http://www.solegends.com/citjour86a/cj86ap27c16chaosdwfs-02.htm

I have Scarsol Skullsmash, Ulfo Bloodmask, Jabbertooth Eyesplinter and Hairy Hengist Horse-eater.

I dont know much about these being of the big hat preferance but I havent seen these before.

Can anyone tell me anything? are they rare,valuable or just cool?

am off now to figure out the rest of the minis, theres a dwarf wizard(wtf?) and a very cool chaos sorceror for a start.

Pyro Stick:

They are just part of the citadel range of chaos dwarfs. They arent more vaulable than the MM90’s but you still got them at a good price. i would have bought them as well since my ulfo bloodmask is damaged.

captain carrot:

Look what we have here bargin hunters, its cheap as chips. Good find.

clam:

As said ‘ordinary’ 3rd eds, that shows up quite offen at eBay - so no, they a not to be considered valuable. I would expect a price about £2-3 each. But ain’t they just cool - when you first hold these babies in you hand - you really can’t let them go, now can you :smiley:

wallacer:

Good find. I’ve never seem any Warhammer stuff at any garage sale ever (and i’ve been to a few).

starscream:

As said 'ordinary' 3rd eds, that shows up quite offen at eBay - so no, they a not to be considered valuable. I would expect a price about £2-3 each. But ain't they just cool - when you first hold these babies in you hand - you really can't let them go, now can you :D

clam
yes dude, I do quite like them.

I reckon they'll make some nice characters for my army. looking forward to painting them.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Awesome find, even if they aren’t as collectible. GW stuff at garage sales seems rare to me. I’m probably not looking in the right garages. :smiley:

LimeyDragon:

Anyway, after rummagging I found 4 chaos dwarfs from 1985. I have tracked them down on SOL to these:
http://www.solegends.com/citjour86a/cj86ap27c16chaosdwfs-02.htm

I have Scarsol Skullsmash, Ulfo Bloodmask, Jabbertooth Eyesplinter and Hairy Hengist Horse-eater.

starscream
Wow, your link provided me names for the ones i have.. Spkies harvey wotan, Badbreath balckbeard, Lufen bristlebeard.   Think i need to start trolling the garage sales now.

cornixt:

I saw a load once and figured I could haggle them down - 25 quid for what was probably 5 decent models and the rest was crap. No chance. Why do people put things in junk sales and then ask silly prices for them?

nitroglysarine:

Wow, i like the armour, very Labyrinth (movie) goblin armour in look to me.