[Archive] free 40k WD minis

Hammerhand:

I know I should really have got my own stuff done first, but I’m interested to see what people have done with their free WD minis. There was some exciting talk about conversions on another thread, so I thought I would start this one for people to stick up some photos of their exploits! I’ll put mine on soon - promise!

zagor66:

Ive finished turning the terminator into a chaplin and have to put the finishing touches and greenstuff on the ork mek and his custom force field and ill try to post images but i dont have a camera yet.

Xander:

Not sure yet what I will do with the Ork. He’s very big.

clam:

My son (nearly 6 years old - now) got so excited when he saw the 2 models - so (weak as I am) I had to give them to him - but I’ll be picking up the hole Black Reach Box-set (maybe even 2 boxes) - so I’ll be have plenty to paint :slight_smile:

AGPO:

No exiting conversions from me I’m afraid, Imperial Fists Terminator and a new Nob for one of my Slugga mobs

two_heads_talking:

I no have WD models…

Are they only available with the subscription or are they in a baggie that is connected to the magazine available at all stores that carry them?

furrie:

you can just buy them in a store with the figures in a bag :stuck_out_tongue:

two_heads_talking:

Perhaps I will have to crawl to the local GW store and buy one or 2… if they still have them in stock that is…

AGPO:

should think so, it only came out on Friday. I’m thinking of converting the Black Reach Sergeant into a captain though. All the black reach Terminators I do are gonna be cut in some way or another

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i have made my termie into a deathwing

and the nob into a big’un:)

Kera foehunter:

i have mine ooooo space ork

curlybeard:

here is my effort at converting a captain in terminator armour! I like the idea of converting the nob into a mek

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ve removed the sensor pack and random shield, also removed the icon on the storm bolter. If I had a saw/file, I’d also change the shape of the head a bit (it ends up shaped like a Grey Knights’), otherwise, i doubt I’ll change him much. As for the Ork, I may get the box and then use him with them, otherwise, I might just paint him up as a bit of fun or even use him in ym CD Arrer Boyz unit as a champion (even though I have one I converted…).

Looks great curlybeard. Did you convert it from the terminator that came with White Dwarf?

P.S. I’m tempted to buy another WD just for some more cheap models, then flog the issue to my mates, he he he.

Kera foehunter:

well hb you can have mine!!! but not the ork!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks, Kera. Much appreciated. Return for the parrot it would seem :stuck_out_tongue:

curlybeard:

Looks great curlybeard. Did you convert it from the terminator that came with White Dwarf?

yes, I wanted the pose to be more dynamic, so I sliced the body in two and turned the upper torso to face the right. I then took the head off, but left the mouth piece a la darh vader when he has his harmonica at the end of rotj. he head is from a mordheim figure. I wanted to increase the motion in the model, so I fixed the power fist arm out at an angle and filled the gap with green stuff to look like the concertina flex on the joints of space marines. the bolter arm, I wanted it to look as if he was looking down the gun barrel, so I cut the arm into 3, the shoulder pad, the ‘glove’ and bolter and the elbow pad, I then chopped and tweaked until it was straight, then filled the gaps with gS concertina again. Finally I added a GS Robe and some gs gold piping

two_heads_talking:

I went and bought 2 WD mags last night. I might possibly buy two more… depends on how much extra cash I have after all the bills.

AGPO:

I have much the same plan two_heads_talking. It’s £20 for a Terminator squad plus 5 nobs

Hammerhand:

5 Slaves to curly beard for first pic!!

two_heads_talking:

I have much the same plan two_heads_talking. It's £20 for a Terminator squad plus 5 nobs

AGPO
yeah for 30 dollars, I can have 5 termies (which normally cost 50 or 55 dollars) and 5 nobs (which will cost about the same I am sure).. and sure they aren't that posable, but with a bit of ingenuity, bam, it's still a perfectly playable unit..