[Archive] From concept to playable

Dino:

Hello every body it’s been a while. Sorry I haven’t been around as much as i’d like(working on painting up three armies at the moment). So I thought it might be a good idea to start a log that shows ideas I have for my chaos dwarfs and then actually try and make them.

Now firsts things first the concepts. I have about four pages of ideas at the moment and here they are.

Some might remember this one from a while back.

Chaos dwarf beard ideas

Bull Centaur

Lore of metal chaos dwarf sorcerer

Note sorry that the last three pics don’t look as good as the first I don’t have my scanner at the momment.

Unfortunetly I don’t have any bitz to devote to chaos dwarfs at the momment but I hope to change that very soon.

Xander:

Looking sweet. Nice stuff. :slight_smile:

Khan!:

They look good to me, now you just have to rectify your bitz situation!

Dino:

@Xander: Thx.

@Khan!: Thx, I think I might be able to change the bitz situation fairly soon I think(I hope).

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Nice concepts, especially the standard bearer. Don’t forget that we are stunties though, so you may want to crop down the height of the bodies a bit to make the overall size somewhat shorter.

Kera foehunter:

great drawings we should have a contest on drawing cd too.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Kera, we do. It’s called the Artisan’s Contest. Lord knows how much advertisement we’ve done with it :wink: Love those beards, especially 1, 3 and a shorter version of 4. The metalmage looks great! Hope you can get them to look like that in modular form!

Dino:

@Ishkur Cinderhat: Thats not a standard bearer that a chaos dwarf sorcerer. The bodies are actually cropped down more than they appear, might be the length of the beards.

@Kera foehunter: Glade you like the drawings.

@Hashut’s Blessing: Thx. And I hope I can make him look just like that otherwise i’ll be sad.

Anyway I got some news on my bitz situation. I should be getting a lot of BFSP dwarfs tonight or next week.

Xander:

Good old BFSP. Add some GS and you are on your way! :smiley:

wallacer:

I’m really impressed that you actually do concept sketches.

Normally I just fish through my bitz box to see what i’ve got and play it by ear.

Dino:

@Xander: Well I have the GS part done so as soon as I get the dwarfs i’ll be in business. Now all I have to do is find a guy who’s life hands him lemons and then a guy who’s life hands him vadka and have a party.

@wallcer: I usually don’t draw concepts when doing conversions but then again when I do conversions I usually just do some chain mail and glue on a certain part or two. Sence i’m converting an entire army I thought it might be a good idea and get some ideas drawn out first before I jump into it’s construction.

Anyway it apperes that I’ll be getting the bitz I need on this coming Wensday. So now I’ll just be kicking back and doing a bit more drawing until then.