[Archive] Full Thrust: Swiss fleet

Swissdictator:

For those who are unfamiliar, Full Thrust is a spaceship combat game. It’s very easy to learn, and has a nice ship creation system so you can play with your own ship designs. So I’m making a Swiss fleet (go figure, huh?), which means I need to make my own ships.

I’m using the Battlestars as my Attack Carriers.

For my Heavy Cruiser I made the following

I’m going to use a little green stuff on the rest to seal up the Electricians tape.

The bulk of the ship is a wall anchor. I used a bead. Plus I chopped up some plastic little toy things that were weapons you inserted in these goofy ball toys of some sort. They were 50 cents, so I literally got a TON of bits useful for both Warhammer and FT.

The two pods on either side are the real engines, and the front is also a torpedo launcher. My whole design is about loads of torpedoes.

You can also see a BSG Raptor on a 20mm base for size comparison.

Thoughts so far? Sadly the flash made the wash effect a tiny bit less apparent, but you get the picture.

slev:

TBH, I’m more interested in seeing your SSD’s…

Kera foehunter:

hey!!! thow look like submarines swiss!!

just kidding !! they look great

Swissdictator:

Kera, actually they do kind of look like submarines.

Though the submarine concept makes sense to me. For space, ships have a 3d plane to work with so even the bottom can be made useful. So they’d share some design elements with subs.

The best examples of ships I’ve seen are the Earth Aliance from Babylon 5, and Battlestar Galatica (new series).

They may not be as aestheticly pleasing as the Trek or Star Wars ships, but they’re VERY functional.

Kera foehunter:

so are you going to paint them in a way that is military design?

Swissdictator:

Yeah, I am. I’m going for very rugged colors, that look like there’s nothing to fancy about them. The only “fancy” thing is the little Swiss flag on top of the hull.

I will be using an ID system much like most modern navies use for their vessels. For example a Nuclear powered Carrier in the US is designated CVN-#. C for Carrier V for (not sure) and N as it is nuclear powered. However I’ll be using German designations due to German being the main language of Switzerland.

I numbered the K-13 that way as it was the first of the class I built, but it was also the first ship to be blown up since I’ve started playing Full Thrust again.

Kera foehunter:

so are you going to hand paint the number on the ships or use a fine line marker

Swissdictator:

It’s painted on, I just take my time with it. Though I was tempted to use a sewing needle to paint it, but it didn’t work.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Nice!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.