[Archive] Funny episode happened during a game

Bassman:

Yesterday night I had a match against Demons of Chaos. In my previous experience I had been grinded to death by a nasty Demons of Chaos and I know the infamous reputation of Demons. So my idea was to have fun at try to do my best to limit damage from Demons. So did I, the battle ended with a minor victory for demons just because in last turn the Demon prince managed to kill my Taurus and route my lord (lost combat, autobreack becasue of terror).

What happened so funny during the battle? :~

In the middle of the battle, when the Deamon player realized that was not so easy to beat those 15-years-and two-editions-old-two-pdf-pages army, he said “with these limitations (yes, we BOTH had limitations, similar to ETC limits), Chaos Dwarfs is one of the army I really have problem to beat” :o

I could not believe my hears, a player complaining about how was unfair to play with his Daemons against Chaos Dwarfs… ehhehe at least we are feared! :hashut :smiley:

Hail to Hashut! :hat off

Swissdictator:

We have some nice tools against them. Strong leadership, good armor and toughness… it helps. We also have good ranged weapons that let us slow them down, or kill them is sufficient numbers (death rockets and earth shakers being their biggest bane due to templates). Throw in blunderbuss… with only their ward (maybe regen)… a fair amount will drop… especially if their not Nurgle.

We might not have light magic, but we do have some good choices.

Throw in Black Orcs for something fairly fighty, with an ld10 lord or hero within 12" those Orcs should beat up some daemons!

I’ve played against Daemons with my CD… and I’ve done fairly well. I even drew against a pure Nurgle list, and have won against a couple mixed daemon lists (one even had a special character… skull taker)

The biggest advantage is over confidence of the daemon player. Make use of that to set up better traps.

Patsy02:

How did your CD lord on taurus autobreak from terror when he causes terror himself?

I could not believe my hears, a player complaining about how was unfair to play with his Daemons against Chaos Dwarfs.
Smack that guy over the head for me.

snowblizz:

How did your CD lord on taurus autobreak from terror when he causes terror himself?

Patsy02
If you read the description you'll find that the Taurus died so when his scary mount is dead he isn't Immune to Terror anymore.
Though a Deamon DP doesn't cause Terror so Fear then...

Bassman:

Sorry my mistake, it was a keeper of secrets… not a daemon prince. So it caused terror and US 5 for autobreak.

snowblizz:

Sorry my mistake, it was a keeper of secrets.. not a daemon prince. So it caused terror and US 5 for autobreak.

Bassman
That would explain how it was able kill something.:D

Either way if the deamon killed your mount the poor dwarf is going to get scared off.

BilboBaggins:

There is no true autobreak anymore, if you roll snake eyes you’ll stick around.

Bassman:

Oh, gosh how many mistakes I wrote in my first sentence… I know you need snake eyes to stay and I rolled twice (thanks to Bsb nearby) but I failed :|  That’s why I said autobreack because I never roll snake eyes… damn it1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The ppor taurus has been killed because he and the guy upstairs took 4 turns to get rid of nurglins… and they even managed to make 2 wounds to the Taurus… so it was pretty easy for the keeper to kill the Taurus… I do not have to tell you my lord was not able to wound the keeper… :frowning:

Kera foehunter:

no wounder the guy don’t like cd s !!! you keep changing the rules ha ha !!