[Archive] furrie's army blog [updated on 01-march-2009]

furrie:

I thought lets strart on army blog, so here is my first CD, more to follow:

here is my Chaos dwarf sorcerer lord:

I’m now working on the 19 other blundies for the banner guy, 16 CD warriors, a hobgoblin bolttrower and of cours my GH entry

Narflung:

cool, i love the way you gave done the base, fully textured on the sides as well. Keep it up

Merchant:

Interesting, I’ll be waithing for the rest of them to come :slight_smile: the base is really great.

Cheers :cheers

Kera foehunter:

i like blue and lava bace.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good combination of colours. I especially like the lava detailing and the base. However, i have a query: When putting these models together, will the textured sides not prove a problem?

furrie:

I havn’t tried it yet, only have one model textured

AGPO:

i was gonna ask the same as HB. Surely it makes things a little tricky

Narflung:

Nah, you shouldn’t have a problem ranking them up if you make your own movement trays. The GW ones will be tight, but on one of my other armies I made my own bases that were just slightly wider than normal.

furrie:

I will first try it with the newest movement trays, the ones you give your own size and if that doesn’t work I will make my own

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

the modular movement trays are great, i just made one so i can have a unit of 20 chaos dwarfs and a centaur on it and still have 1 extra space, had to work on cutting the lengths due to me using all the corner sections

the best part about them is the extra 1mm gap all around

furrie:

I have finshed the greens for 10 more blundies, here they are:

now I’m working on a bilt trower, 16 CD with great weapon, the sorcerer lord on lamasu and painting 19 blundies.

AGPO:

i really like the mask on the one to the right. Only real problem is that some of the blundderbusses seem a little floppy. Have you tried using the buckler method?

furrie:

What is the buckler method?

Thommy H:

What is the buckler method?

furrie
You use the little shields that come on the Thunderer/Quarreller sprue to make the ends of the blunderbusses. You can then smooth out the barrel with green stuff if you want.

There are some examples here: [[Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss Conversions]].

furrie:

the problem is, I don’t have that sprue, my thunderers are from the bfsp box.

Kera foehunter:

i totaly love the beards is the last guy in the first row looking up ??

furrie:

he is just looking around, beeing bored

furrie:

sorry for the dubble post, but this way you can see that there is a new post.
first a wip of my bolttrower:

and my CD sorcerer lord on lammasu:

Fridericus_Rex:

Wow. Damn nice BT! I like it very much. How long did it take? The Lammasu you have already postet but it looks great!

furrie:

I think about half an hour. I don’t know the precies time, because I didn’t finshed it in one time, needed to wait till the glue from some parts where dry, so I went on doing others things and I forgot the BT :stuck_out_tongue: