[Archive] FW=WH=CD something that may shock you

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Ok as the titel say this is something that may give us the chance to have a real army http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3557886#post3557886

So what do you think plausible?

:cheers

Thommy H:

Rumour thread + already posted = not a surprise.

warh:

thats good news:):):slight_smile:

wallacer:

Will be interesting to see what they sell for. Could be a traumatic few days for my credit card…

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Sorry this isn’t supposed to be a rumours thread its just a ‘what do you think of it?’ thread.

Pyro Stick:

Im looking forward to see what comes of this. Ive been waiting for FW to get more into fantasy since i started the hobby. I think they could do an excellent chaos dwarf and i would be happy if they just did characters and maybe a conversion kit for standard dwarfs into chaos dwarfs. Obviously more would be better but do you think they would do a whole army? If they did then i doubt they would be able to cast the whole thing out of resin cause no one would be able to afford a whole resin army.

Grimstonefire:

I think 40k translates much better into resin than warhammer simply because of the number of models required.

IF FW:CD came out how much would a basic CD army cost?

At a rough guess I would say £3 per model in resin (warmachines and characters would be ontop of the basic cost, but potentially cheaper than in plastic/ metal).  Hypothetically basic CD core could be £1.50, and special/ rare could be £2.5 in plastic.  So the cost would certainly be higher, and unless FW move into hard plastic they will be harder to convert, a lower quality (mould, not sculpts), and would probably not have so many small parts extra.  Doesn’t sound good really.

So I would say it is plausible, but not as likely as GW designers making them themselves. :wink:

I just had an interesting thought actually.  What if GW designers sculpted all the models, FW then produced some as units (warriors etc) in resin (no book or rules).  Loads of people buy these.  Then some time in the near future GW release WA:CD and release everything in plastic!

FW would easily pay for the production costs of what they sell, and GW could sell a whole army to those who’ve already got some resin models.  For those not crazy enough to buy at FW prices they can sell as new.

two_heads_talking:

smoke and mirrors…   it’s just Gw blowing smoke up our skirts…

It might feel exhilerating at first, the constant steam and heat will make it uncomfortable for long periods of time.:hat off

Willmark:

Forgeworld getting involved with CDs would make sense from the really big bad model perspective; I just don’t see it from the standpoint of regular rank and file; Kollossus yes, blunderbuss CDs no.

Kera foehunter:

im shocked!!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

ryanamandaanna:

so… are we thinking that this is legit? I can’t see why the dude who posted it or the guy from forgeworld would have any reason to lie about it. It just makes me sick to think I was there and didn’t even hear about any of this when I was standing over by my Chaos Dwarf armies on parade! :mad

Alric:

Forgeworld getting involved with CDs would make sense from the really big bad model perspective; I just don't see it from the standpoint of regular rank and file; Kollossus yes, blunderbuss CDs no.

Willmark
When I saw the post this is what I was thinking too. FW will probably produce special units , single large minitures like the hellcannon for the chaos army.Maybe we'll see the return of the whirlwind and tenderizer.

dedwrekka:

Forgeworld getting involved with CDs would make sense from the really big bad model perspective; I just don't see it from the standpoint of regular rank and file; Kollossus yes, blunderbuss CDs no.

Willmark
When I saw the post this is what I was thinking too. FW will probably produce special units , single large minitures like the hellcannon for the chaos army.Maybe we'll see the return of the whirlwind and tenderizer.

Alric
Which would be entirely hollow considering that as of the recent GW site redesign, we're now totally and completely unsupported as an army, not even the RH list to be found on their site (Which was about the last clinging credibility as a field-able army that we had at this time).

wallacer:

He may not be lying, he may just have misunderstood what the FW guy said. It is possible that when the FW guy said they’d be working on a new army they may just have meant a few models, not an actual entire army (for example, Bull Centaurs and a Lammsu perhaps).

Note that this is just guesswork on my part. I have no evidence to back that up.

Willmark:

Willmark

Alric
Which would be entirely hollow considering that as of the recent GW site redesign, we're now totally and completely unsupported as an army, not even the RH list to be found on their site (Which was about the last clinging credibility as a field-able army that we had at this time).

dedwrekka
I don't think anyone is arguing that, more like we don't see it as FW creating an entire army.

dedwrekka:

Willmark

Alric

dedwrekka
I don't think anyone is arguing that, more like we don't see it as FW creating an entire army.

Willmark
However, there's no point in making single miniatures for an army that, in all real and official ways, does not exist as an army. Why not make warmachines for zoats and fishmen while they're at it.

If they're going to do anything Chaos Dwarf related, they're going to have to make an army for it first, otherwise you've just got a bunch of models that have absolutely no chance of getting fielded. IT makes less sense for Forgeworld to make warmachines for a nonexistant army than it does for them to make a full Chaos Dwarf army.

Revlid:

However, there's no point in making single miniatures for an army that, in all real and official ways, does not exist as an army. Why not make warmachines for zoats and fishmen while they're at it.

If they're going to do anything Chaos Dwarf related, they're going to have to make an army for it first, otherwise you've just got a bunch of models that have absolutely no chance of getting fielded. IT makes less sense for Forgeworld to make warmachines for a nonexistant army than it does for them to make a full Chaos Dwarf army.

dedwrekka
You're mistaken, dedwrekka. There most certainly is an army that uses Chaos Dwarf war machines and is already out on the market, with a fully supported armybook and plastic model line, etc.

It's called Warriors of Chaos.

Thorne:

Mayhaps a few token creatures and the odd variation on a few war machines but I cannot see FW making rank and file models. Earthshaker addons yes Lamasu sure greater taurus sure. I think it would be great in they did but they would have to

A, have big hats

B, Devilishly expensive

C, The usual none core troop choice

Only one of those I see as being games workshop friendly as so many people dont like big hats any more (cant think why)

ryanamandaanna:

Here’s a question: Are Forgeworld’s rules accepted? If they publish a set of rules to go with any models they produce, would we be back in business?

For that matter, maybe Forgeworld knows something that we don’t and there is at least an upcoming list.

snowblizz:

Here's a question:  Are Forgeworld's rules accepted?  If they publish a set of rules to go with any models they produce, would we be back in business?

For that matter, maybe Forgeworld knows something that we don't and there is at least an upcoming list.

ryanamandaanna
About as much as any optional rules. The problem with the FW rules are that they are very hit or miss. Either OTT or not, they are after all not as meticulously palytested as regular GW product. Can't believe I managed to type that out without bursting into laughter. You get what I mean I hope though.

Let's discuss the number of figures needed though. Now FWIW the Imperial Guard variant figures were universally greeted with a "are they insane, NOBODY can afford an whole IG army in resin". We were wrong. People can and did buy armies out of resin just as the expensive metal armies have been able to sell. Between O&G slaves how many actual CDs do we really need? Hardly numbering in the hundreds, my elf armies are ~80 models, my friend used ~120 regular dwarfs but with the expensive elites runs less now. So somewhere in between these? That's about what some resin IG armies would need so can't be infeasible to sell.