[Archive] Fyreslayers and Chaos Dwarfs share the same heritage? GW fluff

gIL^:

So yes this is doing the rounds it’s all but confirmed it seems.

gIL^:

Observation, lots of fire. lots of hair. lots of burns.

Thommy H:

Oooh fun. I’ll get the Fyreslayer Battletome when it comes out and see if there are any other references in there.

gIL^:

Based on the assertion that he shaves, does that mean chaos dwarfs routinely shave, it’s true we see no chaos dwarf longbeards, they do seem to have smaller beards.

Thommy H:

I think it’s just a reference to the FW models having no moustaches.

gIL^:

shame about the braided beards cos i would of bought a few if they have curlys

Parish:

Interesting news ! Looking forward to the rest of the release !

Admiral:

Very nice fluff twist and tie-in to the old Warhammer world. It’s certainly interesting and a tad refreshing to see GW create its own fantasy world anew, even if you deep down always will prefer old WHFB. Neat model, too.

Grimstonefire:

It wouldn’t surprise me at all for GW to release a combined dwarf cd “army” now.

There were snippets of vague rumours on dakka about possible cd releases, but they may have been confused with either this runemaster guy or potentially 40k csm.

So take with a big pinch of salt obviously.

cornixt:

I hope there is a little Hashut rune hidden somewhere on one of the models.

Roark:

Based on the assertion that he shaves, does that mean chaos dwarfs routinely shave, it's true we see no chaos dwarf longbeards, they do seem to have smaller beards.

gIL^
Our beards are way mightier, and our longbeards more venerable. Think about how long our beards would be if they weren't so tightly coiled and oiled.