[Archive] G2's Other Miniatures - Various

clam:

As always, very nice painting - but don’t think I understand the Mao Tse-tung banner reference??!! Enlighten me please :smiley:

G.2:

Sorry Clam, I didn’t see your post unti today. I have been pre-occupied with RL.

As always, very nice painting…

clam
Thank you. I do appreciate it.
…don’t think I understand the Mao Tse-tung banner reference!!! Enlighten me please :smiley:

clam
Back in the 80s I remeber seeing a banner being carried by a greenskin (I think it was an orc), and on the banner, was the painted face of Margaret Thatcher. This image made a very important statement to me. That this is a fantasy game/world and anything goes, even humour or “warped/twisted” reality. So now 20+ years later, when I was in the process of making a banner (one that wasn’t too serious), I wanted a political figurehead to use for my banner, and Mao was the best picture I could find on the internet, without the image looking like a photo.

I think the orc banner appears in the following book:

I will check tonight when I get home from work.

Abecedar:

An absolute gem of a thread, hope many more photo’s are coming.

G.2:

@ Abededar: Thanks mate! Yes, more photos are incoming. I have been a little “time-poor” in regards to painting, as RL has just got in the way, in the last month.

This is a mini I painted for a monthly painting comp at another wargaming forum.

To my surprise the little fella won “first place”. I was not really expecting that. I was happy to just come somewhere in the middle of the field.

Empire Citizen

Here are couple of shots showing the early stages, of painting, basically the first night of painting.

Currently I working on, some comand figures for the same competition, but I haven’t really started anything yet. I am also finishing off some WW2 soldiers, which I will enter in the Brush Slave comp on these forums.

G.2:

As promised, here is the banner from the 80s which inspired my Mao banner.

Abecedar:

Now thats a Banner to cause “Terror”. I won’t sleep tonight.

clam:

Awesome Pirate, G.2. and can see why it won - fantastic job :hat off

And thanks for the info about banners - cause yes, in fantasy you can get away with a lot, can’t you?

Hazkar:

pretty cool stuff you´ve there,pretty good paintjob

but the most awesome thing in this blog is this master piece

(is that artwork from the band gorillaz?)

G.2