[Archive] Galeforce 9 rubber steel movement tray insert pack

Admiral:

Have anyone bought this product? What do you think of it? Is it easy to use and cut up to size?

GRNDL:

Yeah, I have. Its basically a sheet of magnetized rubber that you can cut up to whatever shape/size you need. The magnetism isn’t particularly strong, but enough for models. So long as it sticks to the stuff in the package, you’re fine. I found it slipped a bit when the magnets were slapped in, say a cookie tin, for transportation. It does what it says on the package though.

Admiral:

Fine! Thank you.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

JMR:

I use that stuff along with their magnetic bases. I actually used it just yesterday. It’s very easy to cut up.

Note though that the sheets aren’t magnetic themselves unlike what GRNDL said (unless I read it wrong?). Like the product description says: “This is NOT MAGNETIC SHEETING! This a non-magnetic ferrous material that magnets will adhere to.”

GRNDL:

I use that stuff along with their magnetic bases. I actually used it just yesterday. It's very easy to cut up.

Note though that the sheets aren't magnetic themselves unlike what GRNDL said (unless I read it wrong?). Like the product description says: "This is NOT MAGNETIC SHEETING! This a non-magnetic ferrous material that magnets will adhere to."

JMR
That is correct, my mistake. When I got mine, I ordered a bunch of base packs as well, so used them together. However, I preferred to move my models around in a cookie (biscuit) tin, without the rubber steel, so I guess that bit is more of a review of their magnetic bases.

Apologies for the confusion. Nice catch JMR.

JMR:

Thank you for the slaves you sent, GRNDL. They shall be punished for the foolishness that their previous master proclaimed.

Hashut!