[Archive] Games Day UK 2009

Loki:

As i am sure most of you know Games day is fast approaching us here in the UK with adds for tickets starting to appear in White Dwarf, I am planning on making this Games Day one a Big Hat one :hat. That�?Ts right i am going to be wearing a Big Hat for the day in a hope to draw some attention towards us and our breaded brothers and sisters ,  

my entry for golden daemon is also going to be a big hat which i need some help and advice on painting and modelling for ( thread to come shortly ) as i really want to make it eye catching and show people that CDs are still out there and that we are not going any where.

I also thought it would be a good chance if any other members form CDO where going that we could meet up some where in the vast halls and get to know the person behind the avatar a bit better .  

This is my big hat its still very much a wip, the Taurus is for size comparison

Loki:

here is the link for the big hat golden daemon entry any advice would be great

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5504

GRNDL:

Sorry to be off topic, but I just had an idea from seeing your hat: making life sized, wearable hats would be a great Golden Hat theme… Or Artisan theme… Just sayin’

Kera foehunter:

great idea grndl

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Loki:

that would be a cool idea maybe for next time :hat

Piccolo:

Sorry to be off topic, but I just had an idea from seeing your hat:   making life sized, wearable hats would be a great Golden Hat theme... Or Artisan theme...   Just sayin'

GRNDL
Talking of real sized hats:hat

Loki:

yes they are very cool that is the photo that gave me the idea i just need to find a big enough beard now :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

Good luck Loki! May you smash your foes and bring fame and glory to Hashut and his followers!

Spread the love of the Dawi Zharr to all!

kefas:

ughhhh earthshaker crew? nice idea guys! but where is earthshaker? x.x

two_heads_talking:

http://costumecraze.com/ACC99.html?SSAID=141928

you could get a few of the hacidic payis costume beards and a

http://costumecraze.com/ACC01.html

14" beard and have your girlfriend/significant girl other, and have her help you put it into a ringlet set and use lots of hairspray to keep it in place.

or even this rabbi costume might work

http://www.costumecraze.com/celebros.php?searchstring=rabbi&suggestions=arabian

http://www.costumecraze.com/HAT65.html

the second link (rabbi) appears to be a beard and hat… you might want to ask them on that… as that beard looks perfect, if a bit short.

WarplockMonkey:

Well im going :wink:

If anyone sees me, i will be wearing a t-shirt with ‘Warplock’ on the front…pretty self explanatory :wink:

- Warpy

wallacer:

hahaha, tremendous.

The only people happlier than us to see you wearing that big hat will be the good people at chiropractors.org

GRNDL:

Oddly, I have given thought to going, but haven’t quite committed yet

Although the prospect of running into Warplock is something I would prefer to avoid.

WarplockMonkey:

Although the prospect of running into Warplock is something I would prefer to avoid.

GRNDL
:O I think youll find im a lovely kid! The cheek....

And anyway, i thought you were in Canadaland?

- Warpy

GRNDL:

Warplock, humans have had routine trans-atlantic travel for something like 80 years. Get with the times boy!

A lovely kid? Yeah, them I despise. Watch yer back. :slight_smile:

Loki:

@two_heads_talking , great find with the beards i like the 14" one alot will have to look at getting that  :)

@WarplockMonkey, great to hear that you going if you see some one moving in the crowd with a huge bucket on his head that will be me so come on over and say hi, i am entering golden daemon with a big hat model as well so you might see me in the line waiting to get in if your also entering.

@ Wallacer, lol luckily its only made of plastic so my neck should not be to bad by the end of the day, but saying that i am thinking of using it as overflow storage but only it i buy lots of stuff and my bag get full and my hobgoblin pack mauls get weighted down with to much stuff, next year i think its a bull centaur, only problem i need some one to play the rear end any takers ? :slight_smile:

@ Grndal, Would be great if you do decide to come over i think the uk one is one of the best ones out there :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Regardless as with my instructions to the Gamesday Chicago crew, make sure photos are taken.

two_heads_talking:

Well im going ;)

If anyone sees me, i will be wearing a t-shirt with 'Warplock' on the front....pretty self explanatory ;)

- Warpy

WarplockMonkey
Will it have a nice plug for both the Ogres forums and the Chaos Dwarf forums?

Loki:

@ Willmark , I will make sure my camera is fully charged and has lots of spare space on the card :slight_smile:

@ two_heads_talking , Thats my reason for doing i hope that GW will see that we are still here and where not going any where , never know i might get in white dwarf :slight_smile:

dedwrekka:

Supposedly everything from Skaven models and the army book, to Codex Space Wolves, and some more hidden bits here and there will be scattered around at this years UK GD. Take tons of pictures, especially if you happen to be walking by a model cabinet!

Adventures at the UK GD might make a nice review for the Word of Hashut.