[Archive] Games Workshop Canada to ... Drop Prices?

Xander:

http://ca.games-workshop.com/news/cn/Announcements/pricechange.htm

Announcement
Canadian Pricing

In late May 2008 Games Workshop Canada and Games Workshop USA combined operations to form Games Workshop North America. This reorganization was performed to further increase the level of service we can offer you, our valued customer.

This move allows the Canadian arm of the business to operate in a more efficient and productive manner and take full advantage of our facilities in the US. Effective September 29th 2008, the savings made by these new initiatives will be passed on to our customers in the form of a new Canadian pricing structure.

For a full and detailed list of all changes to Canadian prices please visit our website and download the 2008 Canadian Pricing PDF file.

As we move forward we at Games Workshop continue in our pledge to provide you with the highest level of customer service and producing for you the finest tabletop miniatures and wargames in the world.

Thank you for your continuing support,

Regards
Gary Curkan
Head of Canadian Sales Operations
5 and 10 dollar drops for most things. O_O

Sojourn:

hopefully the paints are included! lol. credit! :stuck_out_tongue:

NOTE: brushes are almost doubling it appears… I guess… I will keep getting my brushes elsewhere n_n

that’s a respectable drop. A little re-organization does wonders it would seem. Alright Xander, you can buy some boxes now :wink:

two_heads_talking:

IT’s funny, I remember talking to retail management years ago about how to make things more efficient for Canada… It never made sense to me the difference in prices… Good to see that some of what I had hped for actually happened… NOt that I am taking credit for it, as it’s obvious it’s been almost 3 years since I worked for Gw. I am happy for my northern friends…

Khan!:

This is pretty exciting! Although it makes me want to go buy lots of plastic boxes that I really don’t need…

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i really hate this why should there prises drop and ours rise i mean £15 for the new WoC

well it seems i’ll be doing my shopping in canada:)

grunts:

Wow, its almost like they’re trying to run like a business. Who’d have thunk it? Might be time to go shopping.

Xander:

i really hate this why should there prises drop and ares rise i mean £15 for the new WoC

well it seems i'll be doing my shopping in canada:)

Godbob and his jolly rogers
We used to pay 35 dollars for Army Books (Exchange: 35 Canadian Dollars = 18.4959 British Pounds). Now we pay 30 dollars (Exchange: 30 Canadian Dollars = 15.8569 British Pounds).

You pay 28.37 Dollars Canadian for Army Books if you pay 15 British Pounds. So while I encourage you to support our economy, you won't be saving any money. :P

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=35&from=CAD&to=GBP&submit=Convert

Kera foehunter:

lol !!us in the states probly get higher prices!

Time to run to the border!!

i think the U S tax payers just bail out gw in Canada lol

i really hate this why should there prises drop and ares rise i mean £15 for the new WoC

well it seems i'll be doing my shopping in canada:)

Godbob and his jolly rogers
We used to pay 35 dollars for Army Books (Exchange: 35 Canadian Dollars = 18.4959 British Pounds). Now we pay 30 dollars (Exchange: 30 Canadian Dollars = 15.8569 British Pounds).

You pay 28.37 Dollars Canadian for Army Books if you pay 15 British Pounds. So while I encourage you to support our economy, you won't be saving any money. :P

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=35&from=CAD&to=GBP&submit=Convert

Xander
damn it:mad

also SM codex £18 :o

slev:

You can’t look at book prices in a normal economic scale. The printing industry basically fixes it’s prices for 5-10 years, then ups them across the board all at once before starting the cycle again.

Army books went up to £12 in late 2003. We’re due a price rise there and the next price point is £15, so there we go.

That said, the product we’re buying is closer in size to the old 2nd ed codices these days, which where £15 some fifteen years past. As it stands, the price is more than fair.

Kera foehunter:

i say why not come down here in the U. S. and buy gw, the canada dollar is worth more than the U.S. dollar

Xander:

i say why not come down here in the U. S. and buy gw, the canada dollar is worth more than the U.S. dollar

Kera foehunter
Hehe, not true! The Canadian dollar was only above parity for a little while. :P

Kera foehunter
Hehe, not true! The Canadian dollar was only above parity for a little while. :P

Xander
you got owned:P

Hashut’s Blessing:

Last time I was on, GW was having a gloabal price increase. Wonder why Canada alone is dropping… Lucky gets :stuck_out_tongue: