[Archive] gaming disaster

sammie90:

Me and my boyfriend were playing a 2000 point game, and we played 2 rounds a day when ever we had the chance.

I went out to work on my hellcannon, and I saw that my gaming table collapsed last night. Luckaly none of his models were broken, accept 1 warrior’s arm fell off. I fixed it.

But my unit of warriors had a building fall on it… they broke into peaces!

I found out my mom nocked the table over when she was drinking.

asheira:

WHAT!!!

That sucks…

NON-DWARFS SHOULD NOT DRINK!

they can’t hold down their booze

Filipicusius:

That was the most horrible thing i’ve ever heard about!

two_heads_talking:

Me and Asheira were playing a 2000 point game, and we played 2 rounds a day when ever we had the chance.

I went out to work on my hellcannon, and I saw that my gaming table collapsed last night. luckaly non of asheira's models were broken, accept 1 warrior's arm fell off. I fixed it.

But my unit of warriors had a building fall on it... they broke into peaces!

I found out my mom nocked the table over when she was drinking.

sammie90
I hope you grounded your mom from drinking and make her replace the models she broke.. That's a crying shame.

Kera foehunter:

lol thats the price you pay when you live with your perents!!

i know i had a selve fall down with figures it stinks

btw sammie! does ash cheat a lot ha ha

asheira:

@ kera

Cheat in the game or cheat on her?

i do neither!

sammie90:

@ asheira

DON’T LIE! you cheat on me with Warhammer Online!

murders your chaos mage chick

sammie90:

@ 2 heads

my step dad yelled at her for it!

I fixed most of them!

@ asheira

HEY IAN, me alex and james are playing a 2 on 2, 3000 point/team game and we need another player, you interested? i’ll lend you any models you need.

You can use ricks old “Evil Dwarfs” models to fill your list. they look chaos dwarf-ish lol

Tarrakk Blackhand:

THAT SUCKS! I hate it when a model gets broken! To loose an entire army + a board is terrible!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I had the same problem my Dad went to say good night in the dark and smashed my slann mage- priest I never got round to fixing it to this day

demonicprince20:

wow that really sucks a lot. well I guess you can look at the good side of this. um… I can’t find that side yet but it’s there

Kera foehunter:

i had chaos cat attack my troops when playing warhammer at home !!!not even a saving dice roll can stop these beast ha ha

Slavelord:

Hadn’t had a attack during a game, but my dog has a parculiar habit of finding the mini I’ve spent most of my time on painting, and eating it.

Still, not as bad as a unit in 1 fell swoop. My heart goes out to you.

Willmark:

The worse mishap I ever had happen was gaming related but not Warhammer related. My old dog at part of my 1st edition AD&D Deities and Demigods… teh one with the Melnibonian and Cthulu mythos in it. For those that don’t know it can range anywhere from $60-200 dollars, needless to say I wasn’t happy.  

Close second would be spraying several units of my CD army on a humid day, may them look all “dusty” due to the matte spray not setting right.

Kera foehunter:

i had some paiting accident to primmer 10 figureson a plat tray and the places them down to dry on a box top

and they all fell off and got dirt and dust on them !!

so i had to strip them !!!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Painting wise

One of my brothers friends painted my first mini pink

that poor Tau being laugh at by it’s fellow fire warriors :stuck_out_tongue:

Jamros:

Wow, really sorry to hear that sammie. I actually have to repair my minis a lot. Two stories stick in my mind: Once, before I painted on a table, I was glueing over a tarp on the floor. I ran out of glue the before so decided to buy some ‘Thin Super Glue’ from a hobby store. It didn’t even work, and when some spilled on the tarp, I was horrified to find that I had glued the tarp to the wood floor! :o Also, one time I placed all my GW books on top of my bookshelf. I leaned them against something, but after two days of this, the books just fell over on top of my 2000pt Orcs and Goblins army! I spent the entire rest of the day making repairs and reorganising the army! :mad

two_heads_talking:

i had chaos cat attack my troops when playing warhammer at home !!!!not even a saving dice roll can stop these beast  ha ha

Kera foehunter
oh that reminds me of a sad story.. my friends cat jumped on his glass shelves, it used to sit on the top shelf and sleep. Well, one time, it jumped, the shelves collapsed and not only were the models messed up, the cat was killed by all the broken glass. My friend was angry, but he couldn't stay that way, because his favorite cat was dead.. it was a sad month for him..

Loki:

After losing a game of warhammer packing everything up in to the big £60 gw figure case (which had every space full) forgetting to lock the clips swinging the case off the table and hearing every thing fall out and hit the floor :mad

now i always double check the clips

Sojourn:

I learned the lesson of “just tossing minis in a plastic organizer before a 4 hr drive” isn’t the best way to preserve them… heh. well, as Xander said, it is a lesson learned and next time I wrap them. hehe blush