[Archive] Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel - Power Item!

Auretious Taak:

Greetings everybody,

It just occurred to me that The Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel are not a magic weapon, but in fact are an ENCHANTED ITEM! Thus they give your character a basic strength bonus, and can still be combined with the effects of say a great weapon or a magical weapon that also has strength bonus’s. The side effect of 1 in 6 a guy next to you gets plonked is as nothing compared to the ability to have a Chaos Dwarf Hero suddenly having the power to instantly destroy chariots in a single hit witha great weapon and the Gauntlets.

We can get a Bull Centaur Lord with a Black hammer of Hasut and the Gauntlets of Bazhrakk a solid strength 8 on 5 attacks, this is enough to wound monstrous creatures on a 2+ and I think that also includes those pesky Ogre Lords as well…at 65 points that is a VERY good bargain for points especially as you now have 35 pts to play with still in items magical for said character. Also remember the combination of the Hammer also kills flammable targets outright so if that pesky Treeman didn’t fold to all those strength 8 attacks he’ll burn toa cinder pretty fast afterwards. CD’s are strength 7 with this combo so not as powerful, but the basic Great Weapon and Gauntlets is a solid combo if ever I’ve seen one for around 26 pts you’re gaining a strength +3 great weapon. :slight_smile:

Can you see any other combinations here? I was thinking the Gauntlets and a Sword of Might as you’d have a +2 strength magic weapon then but that’s a solid 40 pts and in most cases you can use sorcerers to deal with any pesky ethereal creatures this combo would work with.

Your thoughts are appreciated…now I have to decide whether to take a Bull Centaur Lord or a Chaos dwarf Lord on Great Taurus…somehow I think the Bull centaur Lord is winning right now…regardless of the fact I’d do the Dark Mace of Death Bull Taurus/Lord combo…2 lists might work also…

Auretious Taak.

Servius:

you forgot to mention the Crackhead…

I.E. Hobgoblin Boss :idea with Great weapon; gauntlets; on a wolf… 76 points of goblin on crack.:):):slight_smile:

Bassman:

Sorry Servius but if your Hobbo rides a wolf he gets only +1 for his great weapon, it’s 7th ed time now :sick

Why not the super crack head? Hobgoblin hero on foot, heavy armor, great weapon and gauntlets? Field him in an unit of hobgoblins to protect him from missiles and let him fly with steed of shadows. 60 points that killed for me a hero vampire and a master engineer so far… plus some troops.

Regards Bassman

Servius:

Right LOL I keep forgetting that one.

Sorry Servius but if your Hobbo rides a wolf he gets only +1 for his great weapon, it’s 7th ed time now :sick

Why not the super crack head? Hobgoblin hero on foot, heavy armor, great weapon and gauntlets? Field him in an unit of hobgoblins to protect him from  missiles and let him fly with steed of shadows. 60 points that killed for me a hero vampire and a master engineer so far… plus some troops.

Regards Bassman

Bassman

wizuriel:

I actually made a cannonball style hobgoblin boss.

use steed of shadows and you have a goblin cannonball :smiley:

Auretious Taak:

It’s also the reasons I didn’t do it on the Bullcentaurs which sucks ass, it would be great if GW released an updated FAQ for the Chaos Dwarves and clarrified the fact that the Bull Centaurs are like the exception to the rule, lol. That all said, I see people caught on to this years before me! It always puzzled me why people brought the gauntlets when a sword of might was a simply better weapon option, and now I know.

The Lore of Shadows trick is nice, but if you’re gonna abuse Steed of Shadows then you may as well use it on a CD as well for the higher WS, but yeah, quite a nice little combination there.

Any other tricks?

grunts:

I was at an indi tournament a couple of weeks ago, and they allow the USGT erratta which says that bull centaurs count as infantry on a cavalry base (with the associated weapon bonuses). I had a bull centaur hero with gauntlets and a great weapon in a unit of black orcs. Why put a model who hits his own unit on a 1 in a unit of expensive black orcs you might ask? Because many people forget that characters can charge out of a unit. It is quite a surprise when someone moves their wizard/chariot/skirmisher/character on monster to be just outside the 8" charge range of the black orcs and the next turn have a hero with 4 attacks at S7 charge them anyways. And giving him armour of gazrahk helps too.

Auretious Taak:

I was at an indi tournament a couple of weeks ago, and they allow the USGT erratta which says that bull centaurs count as infantry on a cavalry base (with the associated weapon bonuses).  I had a bull centaur hero with gauntlets and a great weapon in a unit of black orcs.  Why put a model who hits his own unit on a 1 in a unit of expensive black orcs you might ask?  Because many people forget that characters can charge out of a unit.  It is quite a surprise when someone moves their wizard/chariot/skirmisher/character on monster to be just outside the 8" charge range of the black orcs and the next turn have a hero with 4 attacks at S7 charge them anyways.  And giving him armour of gazrahk helps too.

grunts
Can the Bull Centaur be targetted by shooting though whilst within the unit? I've still not read teh current ed of the rules completely but the last ed you could be targetted if you were a cavalry model inside a unit separate to that unit.

Otherwise, that's a damned nifty trick, I'll keep that in mind for sure. :)

grunts:

I was at an indi tournament a couple of weeks ago, and they allow the USGT erratta which says that bull centaurs count as infantry on a cavalry base (with the associated weapon bonuses).  I had a bull centaur hero with gauntlets and a great weapon in a unit of black orcs.  Why put a model who hits his own unit on a 1 in a unit of expensive black orcs you might ask?  Because many people forget that characters can charge out of a unit.  It is quite a surprise when someone moves their wizard/chariot/skirmisher/character on monster to be just outside the 8" charge range of the black orcs and the next turn have a hero with 4 attacks at S7 charge them anyways.  And giving him armour of gazrahk helps too.

grunts
Can the Bull Centaur be targetted by shooting though whilst within the unit? I've still not read teh current ed of the rules completely but the last ed you could be targetted if you were a cavalry model inside a unit separate to that unit.

Otherwise, that's a damned nifty trick, I'll keep that in mind for sure. :)

Auretious Taak
If I remember the rules correctly, and depending on the interpretation of "counts as an infantry model on a cavalry base", I don't think he can be targeted.  At least thats what I gather as no one ever has targeted him before.  Its always possible that I'm wrong on this but I think I'm right, and in the end isn't that what counts :)

The Flying Beaver:

As long as we’re talking about hobbo cannonballs, once I did that trick on a hobgoblin with the black hammer of hashut. I aimed him at a treeman. My opponent never saw that coming, and his jaw dropped to the floor. Best 85 points ever spent.

Canix:

The Gauntlets are best on a hobbo cannonball and when on foot is usually least expected:idea sneaky them hobbos;) makes a great chariot destroyer:hat

qwe50:

An idere could be a Bull centaur Lord with Gauntlets + sword of striking thats 5x S6 attacks that hit most troops on 2+

Auretious Taak:

The Gauntlets are best on a hobbo cannonball and when on foot is usually least expected:idea sneaky them hobbos;) makes a great chariot destroyer:hat

Canix
What do you mean by a Hobgoblin Cannonball?

Posted by The Flying Beaver - 11-01-2008 01:28 AM
As long as we're talking about hobbo cannonballs, once I did that trick on a hobgoblin with the black hammer of hashut. I aimed him at a treeman. My opponent never saw that coming, and his jaw dropped to the floor. Best 85 points ever spent.
lol, very nice, kind of lucky, ony 3 attacks against a toughness 5/6 monster and only with you at strength 6. Wait, it's getting early 2:38am now, meaning my mind is slightly skewed, I forget all you need is 1 wound and the Black Hammer instant kills Flammable Targets. It's a shame more targets aren't flammable anymore!
Posted by qwe50 - 11-01-2008 08:01 AM
An idere could be a Bull centaur Lord with Gauntlets + sword of striking thats 5x S6 attacks that hit most troops on 2+
Hmmm, that is a rather nifty idea indeed. Though for a Lord choice, I'd much rather prefer abusing our massively powerful Lord Level magic item options. The same idea can be applied to a Bull Centaur hero however for 4 strength 5 attacks hitting on 2's against most opponents.

Auretious Taak.