[Archive] Gavan's army 22/03/2009

WarplockMonkey:

All looking good so far! I especially like the bull centaurs :wink:

One thing though, on the blunderbusses on the first post, you only seem to have cut away the top part of the dwarf’s head, leaving the moustache and lips, so make sure you get rd of those before you stick the marauder heads on :wink:

- Warplock

Gavan Sing:

Hi warplockmonkey, I choose to GS over the lip instead. the BB will be having wild beard and warriors with braided beards.

Gavan Sing:

Hi everyone, some more update on the progress. I’d updated the pictures in my previous post with photos of my progress. Looking forward to your comments

Kera foehunter:

hurry is my comment !!

Braki Flamebeard:

Really nice work, mind if I end up stealing bull centaur idea? Really creative use of bitz, just how many bitz boxes do you have?

Gavan Sing:

Hi Kera, thanks for the comment

Hi Braki, sure go ahead, I always believe better ideas always appear when we share. I do not have much bits as I only purchase online what I need and go on from there.

Braki Flamebeard:

Sweet, well once I get some of the more mundane stuff done I’ll make a start. They really are awesome :slight_smile:

Da Crusha:

wow I really like all the conversion work, especially the bull centaurs. I like the BO heads better than the ogre heads, but the thing I like the most is the chaos steed body. Really Cool!!!

kerbak:

I like your conversions, very good, i like so much de goblin mounted on warhound

Gavan Sing:

Da Crusha, Thanks, the inspiration came from another member of this forum. I’d managed to get all the mask I need for all the BC. I’ll be posting the pic up soon once I’m home from Thailand, sudden biz trip do mess up my schedule.

kerbak, thanks. was thinking the old wolf just do not cut it anymore.

I’d manged to convert out 2 more mages. will be posting them soon.

Revlid:

I really like the Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower. Nice creative use of bitz there.

The Bull Centaurs are nicely intimidating, but I think you should look at one of the beard-sculpting guides on the web. HotStuff’s would do quite nicely.

The Sneaky Gitz (and especially their banner) are great! Hope to see more of them.

Gavan Sing:

I really like the Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower. Nice creative use of bitz there.

The Bull Centaurs are nicely intimidating, but I think you should look at one of the beard-sculpting guides on the web. HotStuff's would do quite nicely.

The Sneaky Gitz (and especially their banner) are great! Hope to see more of them.

Revlid
Thanks Revlid, Can you post the link to the guide? Tried googling and couldn't find the link.

Gavan Sing:

As promised, the 2 mages that I’d done converting. I’ll also managed to take a photo of my BSB on foot

The fire mage idea originated from another member of this forum with some modification to the right arm, he’ll be made to either be riding the lammasu or on foot.

The story of the death mage is even after death, he refuses to let go of his power and choose to have his spirit capsuled in the pot, the poor HG is made to carry the pot. I’ll be painting the death mage in a ghostly color and the HG a pale shade to show the life sucking effect of carrying the evil spirit around.

Fire mage

[attachment=1448][attachment=1449]

Death mage (before)

[attachment=1450]

Death mage (after)

[attachment=1451][attachment=1452]

BSB on foot

[attachment=1453]

Zanko:

What a Death Mage! :hat

Awesome idea and great conversion! :hat off

Now I´m eager to see him compleatly finished! :stuck_out_tongue:

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

i love the death mage and the cool Bsb

Braki Flamebeard:

Wow a genie! Great idea for the death mage, you keep coming up wth ideas that i want…

Gavan Sing:

Hi Zanko, Thanks for the encouraging words. Might take some time. I’m gonna convert all the model I need before starting to paint.

Hi Kera, I’m started on my great taurus based on your original idea. I’ll post my version once I’m done with it.

Hi Braki, thanks. the initial idea was really about a HG finding a pot with genie by accident. However I thought that since CD are evil, why not push the idea further and change the story to the one I’d posted. So one HG after another will carry the pot around when the previous HG’s life is being sucked dry by the spirit.

Kera foehunter:

that cool!! i need to paint my now !! i do have a diffrent rider

glade i could help!! can’t wait to see it

Gavan Sing:

that cool!!  i need to paint my now !! i do have a diffrent rider
glade i could help!! can't wait to see it

Kera foehunter
Hi Kera, some photo of my great taurus, it is very much WIP, lots of green stuff to apply on the gaps b/t each pieces. the only GW components are the tusk & shield, rest are all reaper models

Lord on great taurus
[attachment=1455]

Kera foehunter:

that look great love the use of reaper figures!!

i have my figure setting back farther but your is cool great job