[Archive] General question about the Showcase forum

wallacer:

Is the Showcase area strictly for CD miniatures/armies?

Since this is a CD forum that may seem like a dumb question, but I figured there’s no harm in asking. :hat off

The reason i’m curious is because it came up in another thread when I mentioned that I used some of the Arcane Ruins skulls as banner tops, and that I won the Arcane Ruins box for best painted army at a recent tournament.

The catch was it was for my lizardmen not my CD.

Tallhat:

I for one would love to see them personally but its really up to Xander and co to decide.

- Tallhat

wallacer:

I have 8 armies, so I thought it might be prudent to check first.

Ellimist:

Good question!

To me, it sounds like a good idea as long as you keep it in a single thread, but I’ll put up a notice for the other staff to discuss this.

wallacer:

Thanks. I’m rather relieved to hear that it is a good question.

I half expected the moderators to mock me for my foolish ways.

Canix:

That comes later after 1000 armies have been uploaded:D

Willmark:

That comes later after 1000 armies have been uploaded:D

Canix
LMFAO!

Honestly? Why are you straying from Hashut? Backslider! To the slave pits for you!

Ghrask Dragh:

:~

It really bugs me when I go to the Ogre Kingdoms website and I have to trall through threads about loads of armies that aren’t Ogres. I’ve noticed it on a few other sites aswell, wouldn’t want it to happen here.

If there were a ‘other armies’ section I wouldn’t mind or even posting in the ‘off topic’ section. I personally like the fact that there are only Chaos Dwarf armies on this website, especially as we are such a rare army.

It’s not that I don’t want to see your other armies Wallacer, if they are half as interesting as your CD army I would love to see them, I just don’t want the site to get cluttered up with alot of other different races. It is of course up to the mod’s, just giving my thoughts on the topic.

wallacer:

Honestly? Why are you straying from Hashut? Backslider! To the slave pits for you!
You know, on any other forum whipping wouldn't be allowed (well, on any other wargaming forum, anyway).
Just try to keep it above the waist ;)
I just don't want the site to get cluttered up with alot of other different races. It is of course up to the mod's, just giving my thoughts on the topic.

Ghrask Dragh
Yes, it's a fair point, which is why I asked.
Maybe the admins could just create a "non CD armies" sub-forum so that people looking for CD won't need to hunt through piles of pictures of the lesser races?

Willmark:

You know, on any other forum whipping wouldn't be allowed (well, on any other wargaming forum, anyway). Just try to keep it above the waist ;)

wallacer
LMAOROTF. Too funny Wallacer too funny

Khan!:

I have been wondering about this subject as well. It would give me something to show off in between painting CDs (like wallacer I have many other armies), but I’m not sure I want to mess with the heart and soul of these forums too much. And as wallacer already acknowledged, Ghrask Dragh has a very fair point.

Willmark:

One of the things I like about this site is the fact that it is just CDs… makes it unique, well aside from HoH.

Dracomancer:

Couldn’t we have an extra part to the hobby forum for “other armies”, i’m trying to get some beastmen finished before I start my CDs so it would be a nice way to record my progress :cheers.

Traitor King:

I like the idea of a ‘other armies showcase’ subforum, in the showcase forum :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

I allready asked Xander about this as i have loads of other models i would like to showcase and he said that for now he just put his non CD showcase thread in off topic but he is thinking of making a section for non cd showcases.

wallacer:

Well, that’s good to know.

Canix:

It would be good to have a subforum but would it be warhammer,40K and others ?i like the cd nature of this forum and anything in the warhammer world connected to cd is great :hat

Kobarf:

I fear, since progress on most cd armies is quite slow and because there aren’t a lot of them around an ‘other armies’ section would get cluttered quite fast and maybe draw attention from our precious chaos dwarfs. There are a lot of other army specific fora out there and it’s nice to show off your stuff to people you like here but I don’t really feel this is the place. Maybe we could try it for some time to see how it works out…

Kobarf