[Archive] General thread of a paint-a-holic

Gar Shadowfame:

Put some dwarf flesh drybrush over this colour, and finish with elf flesh highlights over dryB.

Btw could u post some pics of back of the bolt throwers, i rly like the idea and hoped to see how the technique works :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Glad you liked the application of the idea: having seen it for myself now, I think it works perfectly: really gives it that snap that it wanted :smiley: Good job :smiley:

Excellent work on all of the dwarf stuff again! The runes look great and it’s all looking wonderful!

Use beiges and greys on the skin, then apply a wash of the paler browns (maybe mixed with yellows or fleshes) and that might give the desitred effect. On any bone that is showing, use white with borwn ink in the recesses. Just some ides :wink:

Dino:

Finally finished the dragon ogre.

Now that I have finished this one I have to finish the other two.

Next is my commission work and man do I have a lot of it this time.

Spearmen

Swordsmen

Archers

and a random guy with a halberd and torch

And finished what I hope is good dried up skin on the test zombie

Thats all for now.

Warhammerman:

Love the dragon ogre.

Nicodemus:

I’m been lurking, watching the dragon ogres take shape. Absolutely stellar work, I like these even more than the original models from GW. I’ve been eying up the necessary bitz to do this myself now.

If you’ve got any vital tips for crafting them or can pass along any gems of insight that you learned for those of us interested in making our own, please do!!

Great work all around,

~N

Dino:

@Warhammerman: Thx man.

@NIcodemus: I have a few. First use plumers epoxy to join the ogre and cold one body together. It hardens quickly so you can get to GSing the thing quick and it’s strong so you don’t have to worry about it breaking. Another tip is plan out what your gonna do for the arms you cut them off. Then you wont have to scrap something up like I did.

Back with fully built dragon ogres.

Very happy with how these two came out. Now I just have to paint them.

Next is some space wolf stuff i’m painting in my some what spair time.

Grey Hunters

Blood claw

Just have the ground and space wolf armor color all finished. Will have more in the comming weeks on these and perhaps more space wolves some time early next year.

Last up is commission work.

Guy with halberd

Swordsmen

Archers

Spearmen

ZOMBIE!

The empire guys are comming along quickly. Should have them done fairly soon then I can jump back onto the knights. Got the thumbs up on the zombie from my client so I’m finishing him up quickly then it’s on to the rest of the zombies.

Warhammerman:

Epic stances on the dragon ogres. And the Averlanders look excellent, I never can’t paint yellow or much of anything at all. :cheers

The Space Wolves are cool too. Eager to see more updates for them.

Kera foehunter:

great new stuff i think i even seeen a pirate !!

Master of the color of yellow ( Dino )

tjub:

Great stuff, like the Dragon Ogres alot. My only critisism is the eyes, IMO it looks like they stare. If you panint black first, and the white and the pupil so that it touches the black around the eye it will look better. Or atleast dont leave any white over or under the pupil. :slight_smile:

Dino:

@warhammerman: Thx man. If you ever want to know how I do the yellow just ask. Now space wolves might be a while but I will do more on them as soon as I’m able to.

@Kera foehunter: Thx Kera.

@tjub: THx man. The man reason I get that is due to my brush acting weird and not going were it’s suppose to go.

Well I’m here with another update with plenty of stuff to show all you happy people. Lets start with dwarfs.

Miners

Rangers

These guys are up for my dwarf painting this month. They are all still very wip. I haven’t had much time to paint them becouse of finals and more recently this guy.

Had kinda an eearly christmas and got this guy along with another i’m about to show. He is comming along very quickly and is just about finished. His uncle on the other hand is a different story.

This is gonna be my dwarf lord Red Green. I plan on him being able to switch from that base he’s standing on to a large sheild for the sheild bearer option. Sheild will be comming soon.

Now it’s time to show off commission work i’m quickly finishing up.

Zombies

Flagellants

Spearmen

Halbedier

The zombies are turnning out farily well. I just don’t know what colors to paint the clothes. Flagellants are comming along quickly as well. Spearmen and halbedier are just about finished as well. Next update expect these two and the archer and swordsmen to be finished.

Warhammerman:

Nice dwarfs. Great start on the miners! And the empire are coming along very nicely. :cheers

Dino:

@Warhammer Man: Thx.

Well It’s time for another update. But first a pic of outside my house.

Over a foot of snow out their. Now onto the miniatures.

First up is some dwarf stuff and I’ll be starting it all of with a my finished BSB.

Rangers

Miners

So happy with how well the BSB Herald is looking. The rangers and miners are comming along a tad slow but that can’t be helped with commission work and school work. But I should have them finished before the month is out.

Next up is some lizzie stuff that has been calling me to paint them.

2 saurus warriors

2 Jungle swarms

These are the only two I have at the moment and will get more to make a full unit of 18 in the future. The same can be said for the jungle swarms but will just have 6 instead of 18. For more jungle swarms I plan on using the snakes that come with cold one cavalry for lizzies and try to find compie models that I saw a while ago.

Now it’s time for commission work. And I’mm happy to say I have quit a few finished things.

Halbedier

Swordsmen

Archers

Spearmen

Flaggielants

Zombies

The Halbedier, swordsmen, archers, and spearmen are all done. The flaggies are getting really close. Might have them finished in the next day or three( the horse is gonna be fun to do). The zombies are getting their but when I finish the flaggies I can speed up the work a little more. I do have five knights that need to be painted up here soon so I have to jump back on those here quick.

Thats all for now.

Dino:

Now it’s time for another update, and we’ll start it of with dwarfs as usual.

Miners

Rangers

Not much done due to school and commission work. Next is the two dragon ogres.

Very little done, again due to what I said with the dwarfs.

Now it’s time for commission work.

Falgellants (Done)

Knights of the blazing sun (Done)

Zombies (getting their)

Happy to saw all the empire is done. May do some touch ups on the knights. Zombies are kinda getting close to being finished.

RoguePanda:

Just came across your thread here while browsing - I love the dragon ogres you’ve been working on, really inspiring and lots of action in the poses! But I have to second the calls for more pictures of your bolt throwers… I have been trying to find a way to model some chaos dwarf mechanical bolt throwers and your wonderful stuff looks like just the inspiration needed! hope you can help and pop some more pictures of those little beasties up sometime.

I like the painting on your work too, I really struggle to get my own colours smooth (I probably use too much water) but yours are really nice, the colours look sleek to me :cheers Keep at it :slight_smile:

Dino:

@RoguePanda: Thx man. Just look at the modeling part on the forum for the bolt throwers soon.

A small update today. Lets start with some zombies.

Very happy these are now finished. Now I can get my money and send the minis.

Saurus Warriors

Jungle Swarm

Been tinklering with these in times of waiting for paint to dry. Saurus warriors are comming along well. Jungle swarms are kinda comming along. The snakes are proving easy. The lizards are going as well as I want to find colors from actual lizards. These will definetly be a slow project.

Thats all for now. Next time you see an update from me will be after christmas when you will see Space Wolves(i’m not kidding here, you will see space wolves) and something special.

Merry Christmas every one.

Dino:

Been doing some more work on my stuff and i’m happy to say i’m finished with the dwarves.

Miners

Rangers

So happy these are now finished. Have also been working on the dragon ogres.

They will be finished up here soon.

Now for the big one. I said thier would be more space wolves in here and it took longer them I thought it would but here they are.

Wolf Priest

Wolf guard battle leader

Blood claws

Grey Hunters

Dreads

Wolf Guard

Long Fangs

Later today I will be adding fenrisian wolves to the force. Other theb the wolves I’m fairly happy with the way things have turned out. I’m going to be re painting the first models I added to this force and make them all have a more grey color then what I originally planned. This force I will be painting for an escolation league starting up in my area late next month. I will also be adding more to the long fangs and blood claws in the future but I need more space wolf bitz and more heavy weapons before that happens. One thing I like is that the wolf guard battle leader will be counting as Ragnar Blackmane when I want to use him.

Now, on new years eve I will have a special update for you all. Until then.

Warhammerman:

Very nice. Keep up the excellent work.

Dino:

Thx Warhammerman.

Well it’s a new year and lots of new things that need to get done. Here are the first two guys finished for the new year.

Finally happy they are done. Now all I have to do is get my warshrine built and about 10 chaos warhounds to finish of my tournament list before march rolls around.

Next up is some brand new space wolf stuff.

Fenrisian Wolves

Rhino

Drop Pod

I did say their would be more space wolf stuff and i’m delivering. The fenrisian wolves are modeled from chaos warhounds. The rhino is chaos marine in origin and will be painted mainly black with some of the space wolf colors on the doors and the front. The drop pod is very strait forward.

Now as I said I’m joining in a esscolation league in my local area and have set up a 750 list for it. Here are the minis that i’ll be starting with.

Rune Priest

10 Blood claws

5 Grey Hunters

3 Wolf Guard

Dreadnaught

3 Long Fangs

Right well thats the list. Basic idea is rune around and cause as much havoc as possible. In the future their will be more Wolf Guard, another unit of Grey Hunters, and more Long Fangs. Will load up the different units into different transports. Long Fans will probably be in a razorback. Not entirely sure what i’ll add to this other then what I mentioned before but I’ll figure something out.

Warhammerman:

Awesome Space Wolves so far.

Loki:

Great work on the space wolves thay are really coming together now :slight_smile: