[Archive] Genius!

Sojourn:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/050108dnmetbillion.b623795f.html

This guy is a total winner!

My favourite part is the fact that the bank contacted the cheque owner to verify whether or not she actually wrote a cheque for $360,000,000,000!!!

Thommy H:

Haha. That’s amazing. Why put $36 billion on it? Why ask for such an absurd amount? He might have gotten away with a few thousand, but someone asking for billions of dollars is just going to set off alarm bells.

torn:

My favourite part is the fact that the bank contacted the cheque owner to verify whether or not she actually wrote a cheque for $360,000,000,000!!!

Sojourn
fairly standard procedure if they want to prove it was fraud

this bloke must have been high at the time, lets face it he wrote down 360, and then added as many zeros as he could fit. he should go on america's dumbest criminals for sure.

Sojourn:

I know they would “have to check” but still… seriously? I’d have put it in the “fraud” pile immediately… a check that large would have to be certified and wouldn’t be hand-written. :wink:

Grish:

Can you just make that call and throw it on the Fraud pile? Just say “Hey! This is a big number! Fraud.” You still have to go through the motions do you not…?

Kera foehunter:

smoking weed will do it all the time.

Sojourn:

a non-certified cheque? yah Grish… auto-fraud. trust. or lack of trust. I don’t trust the general populace. haha. seriously though… you’d be like, this seems legit? I know there are motions, but can you just IMAGINE the woman on the other end? “Did I write a cheque for HOW MUCH!?” lmao.

yes Kera, agreed! hahaha, drugs are bad people… lol

furrie:

drugs are bad mmmkay wonder how much he smoked :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I find the typos in the actual document funny as well. It’s a cheque, not a check, for example. But, even someone high, surely wouldn’t think they could get a $360 thousand million cheque cashed! Especially if it wasn’t real!

Kera foehunter:

well honey we in the states call it a check sorry. Buy if you want to see more stuff like this move to the states we see it daily!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I needn’t bother. There’s some stupid stuff over here, but cheers for the offer. I’d help reduce the moron population of America, but I’m busy destroying the Chav spawning temples of England.

Just a thought: should this thread not be called “A lack of genius!”?

Kera foehunter:

i’m surprised the bank did not cash it!!! maybe he didn’t have two  I.D. s or account there

torn:

yeah you get some stupid people.

HB americans cant spell so theres no point correcting them. could be worse though i used to work with people who would say pro rate instead of pro rata. bunch of numpties lol.

Sojourn:

well, HB, obviously my personal sense of humour hasn’t become known well enough… I’m highly sarcastic, so it was more a tongue-in-cheek kinda title… or like “we’ve got a genius on our hands” lol and a keeper… look at that mug, how could you say no!? lol

as for spelling… it’s sooo difficult typing on this site too, since ‘cheque’ gets the red underline for me… but I don’t spell it ‘check’ since that, to me, means ‘to verify’ :wink:

the biggest spelling mistake that I see almost daily at work is this:

“… and because of the flood, my business in LOOSING sales…” and if I see another letter, trying to convince me that they are ‘loosing’ sales when they may be ‘losing’ sales, I’m going to “loose” it. ugh.

WarplockMonkey:

I'm busy destroying the Chav spawning temples of England

Hashut's Blessing
Right, you take the Netto, and ill go for Maccy D's *click click*

Kera foehunter:

it so funny people get upset on spelling !!!being a free sprited person .the english lanuage is full of bad spellling. knowing more than one lanuage and you would laught to .

torn:

dondé esta la playa?

du hast einer sensible after

i knows parts of 2 other languages, but not a lot from memory. i can understand more than i can speak, although i think that comes from reading a lot of books by foreign authors. latin is used a lot but people dont really realise it.

to be honest as far as internet forums go im happy if i can get the just of what someone is saying.

minty:

that is a realy stupid way to do it, you write a check for a few thousand a couple of yundred times, then check each one  at a different bank, under a false name so no-one suspects it (get the account in that name) then put it in your own account and bingo, one sucesfull fraud

no one try it though

I needn’t bother. There’s some stupid stuff over here, but cheers for the offer. I’d help reduce the moron population of America, but I’m busy destroying the Chav spawning temples of England.

Hashut’s Blessing
want to come to my hometown, it’s chav central, 10 chaves to everyone else. I could use some aid

Sojourn:

despite feeling stupid, I will ask… what are chaves?

minty:

english word for people who are anti-social, annoying and beat people up for fun. They are traditionaly found in tracksuits and have an IQ of about 32

it’s also now in the english dictionary:)