[Archive] Geocachers?

Vogon:

One of my other hobbies (the one that gets me outdoors) is geocaching and I wondered if anyone else on here spends hours on a sunny day hunting for Tupperware in odd locations?

Cheers

Vogon

tjub:

I have a friend who’s into that, flatable boats and sewer pipes etc. I do not like spiders. At all… :slight_smile:

Vogon:

Ah yes the spiders�?�.

Last summer I was in Australia and had a close encounter with a red backed spider that was right next to a cache under a park bench. It brought a whole new dimension to the adventure :wink:

Cheers

Vogon

Abecedar:

OK. geocaching is something else I never knew existed (just used google). Could it be used just to find a lid for the b… things at home.

I love spiders, we had an 11 yo kid (a patient) bitten by a funnelweb spider a month ago.

Bolg:

Ha I Had to google what it was also. well whatever gets you out of the house (:

cornixt:

I started when I discovered one right by my house by accident. Haven’t done much since, only found a few - they seem to get removed a lot around here.

Vogon:

I think that we’re pretty lucky round here in the peak district. There are hundreds.

Cheers

Vogon

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’m a geo-chaching junky! I use it as a good excuse to get out into the sun =) A friend of mind turned me onto it when I was visiting them in Canada. I came home and found dozens in my local community alone. Very fun!

http://www.zazzle.com/geocache+tshirts

Vogon:

Hey Grim,

Always nice to meet a fellow cacher, even if it is only virtually. Those are some awesome shirts thanks for the link.

My missus and I have literally just got back from a doing a 52 cache series that she’s logging right now.

Where is it you cache?

Cheers

Vogon

Gunnerson:

haha I work for Garmin I talk to sooo many geocachers that I never need to.