[Archive] Get to know each other better

cornixt:

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we can write a little about ourselves outside of gaming. Other hobbies, music you like, favourite movies and books, etc.

To start this off, here’s a few things about me:

I listen to music pretty much constantly, the only times I don’t is when watching tv or films. My favourite bands are Tool, the Wildhearts and Neil Young. I listen to all sorts of stuff but I generally keep away from homogenous pop, rap and stuff known as RnB/urban. Hard rock and metal make up most of my music collection, with a smaller proportion of folksy acoustic guitar. I hate 80s pop music with a passion.

I did have a big book collection but I sold it before I emigrated from the Uk to the US. Mostly horror/fantasy, my favourite authors are Brian Lumley and Clive Barker. Currently reading the second book in the His Dark Materials trilogy - interesting but the characterisations are a bit silly. I’ve found that sci-fi short stories are where most of the best material is

TV-wise, I watch a lot of sci-fi and comedy animation. Currently working my way through all the episodes of South Park and Family Guy that I haven’t seen. I also watch a lot of anime, great acquisitions recently of Ghost In The Shell SAC 2nd Gig and Haibane Renmai.

I like hiking, travelling to new places, and I’m slowly learning Japanese.

Uzkul Werit:

Righto. Now for me. My favourite music is most definitely ska, mostly stuff from the second and third waves. My all time favourite bands are Madness, Hayseed Dixie, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish and The Gothic Archies in that order. I have also started to get into Japanese music recently due to me watching more anime.

Yeah, I’m not much of a guy for films (unless I haven’t seen them before) but I like a good cartoon or anime. One Piece and Dragonball (not DBZ or DBGT, just plan DB) are my two animes of choice. As for Western Animation, I like Grim and Evil. Two other passions of mine are Play by Post Roleplaying (I run a One Piece RPG and help moderate a DBZ one) and acting.

Outside of tabletop gaming, I have a Wii and I’m eagerly awaiting the releases of Smash Bros Brawl, Unlimited Adventure and Tenkaichi 3 in the UK. In these games I will most likely use Ness (Brawl), Chiaotzu (Tenkaichi 3) and Kaku (Unlimited Adventure). I’m always happy for a quick game on the net.

I take Drama, Politics and Media Studies in my final year of Sixth Form. Finally, the other army I collect is Hobbits for LOTR.

Hammerhand:

Hi Everybody!

United, Kids, Wife.��In that order!

I have a wonderfull 2 year old boy who takes up most of my time and attention.��He likes scalextric and technic lego and RC cars which is why I keep buying them, honest!

Music, well I’m pretty fickle.��I like whatever I hear most of, but Oasis endure as does some of the oldies.��Almost anything with a guitar in.

I read alot of pratchet, that guy cracks me up.��For a more serious read I like gritty thrillers like the Shardlake series by CJ Samson (sovreign is awesome!) none of that macho or near future techno b*llocks that clancy does.��I also have no interest in ex SAS true stories either.��

My heroes are Chuck Norris, Johnny Bravo, The Hoff,��The Stig, King Eric and Mr T.��

I like easy going action films that at least try to be realistic (die hard 4.0 was the biggest dissapointment since susan spencer told me that my mum and dad put the presents under the tree. Just stupid), mainly comedy though.

TV, I’ve been watching lost but my interest has dwindled greatly since the first series, I watch as little reality TV as possible and get my painting done when the wife has got the soaps on.��Again, comedy or feel-good TV is what I aim for really. (and the match, of course!)

I like playing golf and football.

Ghrask Dragh:

General Interests: Football, driving, gaming (xbox360,Ps2), reading photography and TV/films.

At the moment I am playing 3 football games a week for my old friends pub team, I know this will go on for the next 3 weeks maybe more :~. Needless to say I am wrecked! I spend one day recovering and the next playing, sculpting has actually been a nice break for me and I’ve done alot more since I’ve started playing football again. I didn’t play football for many a year and now I’m back there’s nothing like it! For the Record I support Liverpool and we will win the Champions League AGAIN this year and have a good shot at the Premiership at last.

I love the World Rally Championship and watch the F1 everytime it’s on! I’ve only started driving myself this year (feb’ I think) which has been a big help as the nearest Games Workshop is in Cardiff about 25 miles away from where I live and I hate trains (makes it worse when your carrying a huge GW case with you), it takes 40mins in the car (less most of the time) and 1 hour in a train.

At the moment I am reading ‘The Horus Heresy Books’, some favourates are the Gotrek and Felix books and obviously The Lord of the Rings Trilogy but without a doubt The Hobbit is the best book I have read. I don’t really read much outside Fantasy, I don’t know why you would want to read about real life situations when it’s happening around you:).

I am a qualified Forklift Driver but am currently out-of-work. When I get the chance I like to go to the pub with mates, play pool and loose money on bandits. The best Rock clubs in my parts closed down a long time ago and are seriously missed! Will listen to any music really with the exception of anything pop, I’ve done the whole ‘exclusivley Rock and nothing else’ thing in my teens and have since broadened my mind (which doesn’t mean taking drugs, drugs are bad, OK, and only for the weak minded or stupid - don’t do it kids!). Like to go paint-balling when I get the chance which unfortunetly is not very often. I am a very keen photographer and will maybe post a thread in the Off-topic section of some of my best.

I have a fairly big collection of DVD’s, the most played being Family Guy. I have The Simpsons 1-9 (thats all thats out over here), Futurama 1-4 (BRING IT BACK!!!) , Family Guy 1-5, American Dad 1&2. Can’t possibly name all of my favourate shows but some I can think of now are ‘Monty Pythons Flying Circus’, Black Adder (including the first), Spaced, The Mighty Boosh, South Park and Help.

Bonnie: Somebody save him, he can’t swim!

Peter: Oh, he’s not even kicking. Kick Joe, kick.

Lois: Peter, he’s a paraplegic!

Peter: That doesn’t mean he can’t hear. Kick Joe, kick!

Do you think that is that enough? :):cheers

Titanomachy:

I am an architecture major and a sophomore in college. Most of my time is spent either working on projects or at my local game shop. I am hoping to add a part time job into the mix (minis can’t buy themselves!)

I am into RPG’s. Right now I’m playing Spycraft with some friends and I am looking forward to running Changeling. I also like MtG but not so much anymore. I’d play the Warhammer ccg’s but no one around here plays them. I don’t play many video games.

I like darkwave. Right now I am listening heavily to She Wants Revenge, but my all time favourite dark wave band is the Cruxshadows, followed closely by the more industrial The Birthday Massacre. Other favourite bands include the Red Hot Chilipeppers, Michelle Branche (not really a band but, oh well), and Blue Oyster Cult.

I like to read and am currently adding a number of books to my near one hundred-book collection of BL, BF, and Solaris novels. Palace of the Plague Lord and Dante’s Girl are my current reads and I just finished The Deathly Hallows (great book).

I don’t watch much TV, the computer, school, hopefully work, exercise, reading, and gaming take up the rest of my time. Obviously, not much time for a relationship but hey, I’m only 19 (turning 20 in less than a month! Woohoo!)

Vodevil:

I like long walks on the beach and cuddling…

Just Kidding. Seriously…

I’m a Film Student, I write and direct. I love working with actors, crafting a character together is truly special. To say that I like cinema might be an understatement, I am a card carrying movie junkie. I LOVE film, I watch films all the time. I own an unhealthy amount of DVDs, It’s my calling. Nothing makes me happier than a good film and people to enjoy it with, nothing at all! If you need a recommendation, I’m your man.

I love a great many movies, but some of my favorites are… Apocalypse Now, Oldboy, Taxi Driver, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Vengeance Is Mine… Many more too! My favorite director may just be Chan Wook Park, but that’s a tough one!

Music… I like music almost as much a movies, I gain most of my inspiration for writing scripts from music. I have the policy that I listen to whatever sounds good, so I have a very “interesting” library… I listen to basically everything from old time pop like Tom Jones to Marilyn Manson to The Geto Boys to Val Halen to Gnarls Barkley… I like music too much to just restrict myself to one kind! My favorite band however is The Doors… The End is my favorite song, amazing music.

I don’t read many books… Other than screenplays or books about movies, I guess if I want fiction Film is just a medium that speaks to me on a higher level than a novel.

TV… I like a handful of TV shows, mostly the new wave of dramas that came after The Sopranos. My liking of these comes back to my love of film, this new wave is so much more in depth and film like the anything before. My favorites being… The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Entourage and Psych!

Being a filmmaker gives me access to some pretty good parties… I enjoy a good party, let’s just leave it at that.