[Archive] Getting CDR back on track

Hashut’s Blessing:

Right, at the moment, I am looking at having Sousunou as my first guest host. Nobody else has yet put themselves forwards, so he is still my number one. If anybody else would like to be a part of this, reply here: if you don’t appear in the next one, you may still appear in future episodes.

It has the bonus advantage of gifting you with a CDR medal (which the image of shall be back online soon, according to Willmark).

Also, I’ll start up a thread for everyone to discuss our “Topic of the Month”, as I’ve been unable to find discussion of this month’s (but I may just be tired, blind, swamped and too hateful of reading due to a dissertation).

Anyhow, let me see some interest guys and gals :wink:

Servius:

Still using skype?

If so I may be up for sitting in or helping in general.

Nicodemus:

Well I for one am still interested in tuning in to CDR… and I’m assuming I can’t be the only one out there…

~N

Hashut’s Blessing:

Currently planning to use Skype, but unsure if my recording software records the other person or not. If it doesn’t, I’ll have to get them to download it for free and send me the file :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, I currently have three people up for trying this then? I shall try to draft up a plan of contents and then see who’s available :wink:

Snotling:

Hm, I would like to be part of CDR for a future show but my microphone doesn’t work :frowning:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, Snotling, see if you can find someone willing to lend one to you or buy a cheap one :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I urgently need people to let me know if they are free for recording this Thursday, around 9:30 GMT.

Once I’ve devised the plan (can’t do that at the moment as I need to sleep and am a little under the weather still), I shall forward it to whomever is joining me :wink:

Willmark:

If you get it together I can probably edit it but no promises.

Hashut’s Blessing:

No worries, Willmark, I can edit it. Be good to get the usual into/extro music, but not a problem if not. Who wants to help me out on Thursday night?

Willmark’s Sith Apprentice:

Willmark testing.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Willmark, once I’ve finished editing, can you maybe add it to the podcast page of the main forum, please? I think only admins can get to that area…

Willmark:

I can but Xander and I are working on getting that up and running for me to be able to edit, stay tuned.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, if you can get it to be set up so that I can stick everything where it needs to go, then that will save you time in the long run as I can then edit the cast and then just post it, rather than sending it to you and you trying to find the time.

Willmark:

Well we can easily place it in a thread in the News section until we get that part of the site all set.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I don’t know how to upload it as an MP3 file is all, lol :smiley: Just tinkering with the last few bits of editing (which, due to it being on two files as my software can onyl record one end of the convo, has taken more than about 18 hours, lol :stuck_out_tongue: ) and I can get it up.

Willmark:

Ill have to upload it just put to on the net someplace and Ill get it to the site and ready for the thread.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I’m trying to convert the file into MP3 format as it will only save in .WAV, annoyingly. Once I’ve done that, I can spend an hour trying to get it uploaded, I’ll then e-mail/IM/PM the link to you and the members should hopefully be able to get this by tomorrow night. Sorry to all for the delay.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, it has been nearly a month and I figured that now would be as good a time as any to try and find my next co-host. thanks again to Sousunou and I apologise for the unkind nature of the editing, but I promise that this time around I shall attempt to create something much smoother.

Anyhow, any volunteers?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, the recording of episode 7 is done now and I would like to give man many thanks to my cohost (who shall remain anonymous until the cast is revealed), who made everything so much easier for me. It got a little late in being made ebcause there was a 7 hour time zone difference (due to Daylight Savings Time) and I was up until the mid-hours of the morning, so sorry if I sound tired or dreary or scratchy throated, etc :smiley:

Anyhow, I have an exam tomorrow, an essay due in Wednesday and a performance exam the following week (which I will have rehearsals for), so it may take a while to get edited and I shall be doing it to a much higher standard this time.

All said and done, thanks for the all of the patience and I’d like people to start thinking about if they want to be on the show next month. Just let me know in here and/or PM me ^^

Uzkul Werit:

I’d be up for taking part.