[Archive] GH #13 - Voting Thread

Bassman:

This time was really hard!

My votes are in.

nitroglysarine:

When does the voting close?

I’ve read the first post twice, and not spotted it.

-but I’m probably being blind :-p

clam:

Well you said it yourself - blind :stuck_out_tongue:

Voting will close 9th November 11:59 EST

grimstonefire
Just there - after the old Rules quote and before all the pictures. You see?

nitroglysarine:

Cheers, damn it i think i need my prescription changed.

Grimstonefire:

I’ve done a quick count of the votes so far…  It is extremely close.  There are 4 votes separating the top 3, with the 4th place a couple of votes behind that.

So we really need as many people as possible to vote now. ;)  We normally get around 60 people voting and we’re at 41 so far with 2 and a bit days to go, so pretty much on target.

I’ll  have to recount this all again after it closes just to make sure.

Nicodemus:

Sounds close… would be great to know the number of votes for the top four if they’re still close by the end… might help encourage the person in 4th place :wink:

I just want the results announced so that I can get my blog updated with the WIP :wink:

Vash:

ahh… now i want to know even more what the end result is :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

Is it 11:59 EST yet.

GRNDL:

Nope, still 23 hrs left, thereabouts.

clam:

Could be 11.59 am - couldn’t it?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimstonefire:

Not any more. :wink:

Had another look at the votes so far.  It’s looking like a tie for both 1st and 3rd places, but obviously we have the best part of a day left to sort them out a bit.

Blue in VT:

:o:o

2 ties!!! how exciting!!!

Blue

nitroglysarine:

Cool, shows the truly great quality across the board!

Photo-finish!!

Bassman:

I can’t stand the tension!!!

Move on time! :smiley:

Golder Goldeater:

How much time is left already? AAAAH! I can’t wait! I just can’t wait!

nitroglysarine:

damn it EST is like 6 hours behind GMT right?

dang not going to know results for a while yet!

GRNDL:

damn it EST is like 6 hours behind GMT right?
dang not going to know results for a while yet!

nitroglysarine
EDT/EST is 5 hours behind (-05 GMT).

Abecedar:

I’m sooo lost. Grim is in England? So GMT means Grimstonefire Meridian Time in England then -5 hours would be either the middle of the atlantic ocean or somewhere past Berlin?

Thommy H:

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time: i.e. the time currently in the UK and Ireland.

EST is Eastern Standard Time: i.e. the time currently on the East Coast of North America.

EST is five hours behind GMT. Most of the members of this site live in the EST time-zone, so we tend to use that for times and dates. It really is not that complicated.

Nicodemus:

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time: i.e. the time currently in the UK and Ireland.

EST is Eastern Standard Time: i.e. the time currently on the East Coast of North America.

EST is five hours behind GMT. Most of the members of this site live in the EST time-zone, so we tend to use that for times and dates. It really is not that complicated.

Thommy H
Seems like it shouldn't be ;) I live in a province that doesn't follow daylight savings time however, so when I look up people's time zones I also have to think about what time of year it is and then google where they are to see if they're on daylight savings too... poor Hashut's Blessing can tell you stories of my lateness for podcasts ;)

~N