[Archive] Giant Loaders

Ancient History:

I just read about Giant Loaders in an old issue of Fanatic - literally Slave Giants who are used to lift and load the balls of massive cannons. While this obviously was designed for Warmaster, I can’t help but imagine a unique Chaos Dwarf battlefield weapon - hugely expensive, unable to move, crewed by three Chaos Dwarfs and a Slave Giant Loader, able to hit anything beyond 12".

It’s nice to dream.

Hazkar:

as far as i remember there are giant loaders in middenheim

there is a pic of a pretty huge cannon and a giant as loader,

it was in the soc campaign book as an illustration of an text

called “defenders of middenheim” or something like that

snowblizz:

as far as i remember there are giant loaders in middenheim
there is a  pic of a pretty huge cannon and a giant as loader,
it was in the soc campaign book as an illustration of an text
called "defenders of middenheim" or something like that

Hazkar
There WAS one. Loading the giant cannon in Middeheim. But they killed the giant off later in the campaign. I can't remember the reason exactly.

But this cannon was waaay too large to use in a normal battle, if you play something like Legendary Battles, then maybe.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Indeed, the Middenheim gun is nothing that could (or should) be fielded on the average battlefield.

There’s nothing keeping us from using cannons that would need an Ogre to load the shells, though. :wink:

Willmark:

It would make a great piece (along with the rules) for a legendary battle.

Kera foehunter:

well i know in a old white dwarf in the back along with the converion they showed a giant to be used a a dwarf stone thrower

it was one of the albion giants with a rock!!

but it is a cool idea just one hell of a canon!!

theblackmage:

hehe, white dwarf had rules for the empire version of that years ag, during stom of chaos. It’s on the walls of midenhiem. That’d be some freaking huge gun however, wouldn’t it?:slight_smile: