[Archive] Giant Squigg

kerbak:

finally, and after a year of my first try, im had start work on my giant squig for my Orkz & goblin army,

hard work, but it loook cool (according to myself :hat off)

I used:

Plastic T-rex legs (for the squig legs)

Horns from dwarf helmets (teeth)

top of pins (the eyes)

Three Bark(the base)

Alusa foil (body)

Green Stuff: skin, scales, and everything else

1st:,I made the base of the squig with the alsusa foil, and then i covered all with green stuff giving the shape i Want, then i second step (and after the green stuff was solid) i add the legs and add the teethm the eyes, and start making lips, eyeborows, and details of the miniature

2 nd… paint the all in red (several times)

3rd: … after peinting i realized that was to simple, so I add the scales, making little balls of green stuff, then I start working on the goblin raider

Final pienting, i add some light and shadow effects (not look very well on photos) bt its done :wink:

the rider its rider, but im adding a squig bagpipe on the back

tan tan

Giant Squig ready for battle

Piccolo:

nice, are those six eyes that i see?:o Now u need to find some suitable goblin to ride the thing:cheers

kerbak:

yes 6 eyes, i will work a little more on it to add some nice effects,

The goblin its almost done, so hope for tomorrow to upload this post with it

kerbak:

Now its ready and with its goblin hero with squig bagpipe on the back

[/i]

Border Reiver:

The only suggestion that I will make here would be to give the squig pupils as it looks like the eyes are different coloured scales.

nicely done

kerbak:

thats true, i will try to give some lizard pupils

Da Crusha:

that is a really nice squig. good job kerbak

Grimstonefire:

It may just be the lighting, but I think the skin needs a little more highlighting around the mouth.

I’d second the pupils thing as well.

Great job though. It’s come out really well.  A mouth that big you could have fit the goblin inside it! :slight_smile:

Sojourn:

I don’t know why, but I find squiggs cute. and that is one cute squigg! great work.

if I were to make a suggestion, and it could be picture quality, make the toenails and teeth different colours. it’s unlikely, imo, that nails walking on the ground would be that ‘clean’ looking :slight_smile: and maybe a little lowlighting around the legs/waist

otherwise, good work!