[Archive] Golden Hat #10 - Voting!

Ogrob:

Some fantastic looking entries there!

Well done all of you who got done in time :wink:

Zanko:

Iā€™m also impressed of these entries! :hat off

Very difficult to choose the 3 best ones ā€¦ but I know mine is definitely none of them! :wink:

The standard is much too high for my abilities! :o

So I much decide now whom I will vote ā€¦ :cheers

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

All the entries are so killer sick but still I wondering I see some things there that i've seen days and days back on the site tought it wasn't allowed to enter anything you have showed before :(  means I could just have finished my steam tank :P

but damm some sick entries in there :)

Stubbs
I tried to allow people to enter things that had not been showed completely painted on CDO before. This gave people an incentive to finish something and enter that hadn't picked up a paintbrush in months.

Xander:

Yes, the rule was explicitly stated. You just had to read!

Entry #2 has been withdrawn by the submitter, as it had appeared painted prior to the contest.

Stubbs:

mmm gues I missunderstood then

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Ohā€¦ myā€¦ Godā€¦

so many AWESOME entries! I expected a small temple here and there and one or the other regiment, and instead people come up with sculpted monsters, steam-hissing unit fillers - and a full-blown Kollossus! You people scare the sweet Hashut out of me. :o I wonder what the total man-hours count for all that work would be, if someone were to add it all together! Really impressive guys. I will have to take my time to decide on my favourite three. :wink:

so.sad:

ok, difficult decision, I managed to vote though.

Iā€™d have loved to see entry number 9 beeing casted, I think its absolutely outstanding!

Hashutā€™s Blessing:

Good lord, that was difficult. So difficult I forgot to post here, lol :stuck_out_tongue: I managed to somehow whittle it down to 11, then got REALLY stuck. I struggled and whittled it down to 5, then had to make a terrible choice and finally randomly pick one to remove :smiley:

Well done to all and excellent job! Beautiful pieces aplenty!

m3lvin:

what, entry 2 removed!? too bad, that wouldā€™ve been my top choice.:frowning:

ah well, rules are to follow.

Have to re-think my votes now, hurr lurks back into the darknessā€¦

GRNDL:

Iā€™m abstaining from entering and voting to protest the whole process.

But there is a lot of nice work there. But that goes without saying, its CDO!!

Willmark:

Tough vote but I was able to narrow it down, great job everyone.

Obsidian:

Some great entries but with all due respect, No. 9 blows everyone out of the water Imo!!!:cheers:hat off

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Votes sent.

Took quite some consideration, but in the end I just followed my gut feeling. Judging the miniatures on a technical level would be impossible, seeing the quality standard here. :slight_smile:

Gar Shadowfame:

I'm abstaining from entering and voting to protest the whole process.
why?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

why?

Gar Shadowfame
Dunno. Frankly I don't see what's to protest if the person who entered #2 pulled it back by him/herself.
There is nothing wrong with sticking to rules that have been clearly stated, or is there?

Xander:

Sent my votes in. It was a tough choice. I am really happy with how this competition turned out. :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

Iā€™ll let GRNDL answer for himself, but for those who missed the initial discussions there were some concerns about how fair it would be to compare things in such an open contest.

Hopefully people arenā€™t having any problems doing this?

If you are just let the staff know and we could post some guideline suggestions for things to consider.

Gar Shadowfame:

since its open, its like open category in golden demon,

i myself picked models with in my oppinion best paintjob/converting and then i used overall look as a guidline to order top 3,

Bassman:

I sided with GRNDL when we discussed about open contest. Itā€™s clearly a non sense to compare an hbgoblin to a diorama. But when staff clearly stated this was an exception because it is the tenth GH and everybody agreedā€¦ I decided to enter and who cares about complaining, itā€™s fun and nothing else matters.

:slight_smile:

Canix:

WOW just WOW!

There is an outstanding quality of work that can be seen in CDO competitions.What great material for the Word of Hashut.I really like the diversity in this competition .I had to look of the pictures numourous times to drink in the wondrous ingenuity and creativity displayed here .Congratulations to all who entered, i unfortunately have a two year old typhoon to deal with:) so little hobby time