[Archive] Golden Hat #13 - Musician(1)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

But as you can see in my medal collection' there is really nothing to it - as it is an invisible medal - and how wants that anyway :P

clam
It may be invisibile but it's the BIGGEST medal ever, mate! :D

I'm totally out of ideas for this one. Maybe it's just too small for my taste. LOL

Nicodemus:

I'm totally out of ideas for this one. Maybe it's just too small for my taste. LOL

Ishkur Cinderhat
I'm calling this one early.. Ish is out! We're all back in the race!!! ;P Haha. Seriously though, your winnings are well deserved and great inspiration for all of us.

Bassman:

Musician? I like it… need to find some ideas… .and end of october is far enought to find time for this… mmmmmmmhh

m3lvin:

hey, in any respected/rightfully treated slave unit every model is a musician in it’s own right,

cracks the whip YAAAAARRGHH !!! :smiley:

was kind of hoping for another theme, unless I get a terrific idea I’ll probably pass this one.

guess only time will tell, right? …hurr hurr.

/melv

Xander:

was kind of hoping for another theme, unless I get a terrific idea I'll probably pass this one.
guess only time will tell, right? ...hurr hurr.
/melv

m3lvin
A decision that many aspiring winners won't try to dissuade you from. ;)

This competition is a neat one as it forces you to think outside of what you are used to, and get creative.  Who knows what sort of crazy instruments we shall see!

Golder Goldeater:

Come on guys don’t give up. This is the first GH I enter and I want some

people to share my agony and slaves :frowning:

warh:

I hapend to have a idea:idea

Willmark:

This also has the benefit of adding to your army. Oftentimes we hear that people want competitions that do just that.

Golder Goldeater:

In fact I’ve been wondering what would u come up with for the 13th GH.

There seems to be a one competition for each unit of the dawi zhar so there isn’t much left. Perhaps we should try something from the indy’s list?

(Am I spelling it correctly?)

Grimstonefire:

We try not to favour one fan list over another, eventually we make look around.  Hopefully some time soon GW will release something and we can get going on a new list. :~

There are some generic things like war machines, slaves/hobgoblins etc, so there is still a lot of room.

Anyhow, we’ll need to save all that for a GH #14 discussion thread. :wink:

Fequiil:

i hope i’ll be able to enter

(although it won’t happen if my progress isn’t going to speed up.:()

Tarrakk Blackhand:

This is an interesting subject. I wonder what type of “Musical Instrument” would be used for battle, besides a trumpet (horn of some description) and drum.

Also, in the description in the rules of this contest, wouldn’t 2 Hobgoblin Wolfriders fighting over a trumpet actually constitute 2 models? Just asking.

Nicodemus:

wouldn't 2 Hobgoblin Wolfriders fighting over a trumpet actually constitute 2 models? Just asking.

Tarrakk Blackhand
You'd be in the clear if it was two models on a single 20mm base... otherwise they'd both have to be on the back of a wolf for the larger base.

~N

Grimstonefire:

Yes, the actual base size is the important thing for this one. Anything ontop is just a conversion.

I’d love to see anyone actually attempt the 2 hobgobbos on wolf btw, as it was just a random idea but it sounds quite tricky.

Hammerhand:

Got a cool idea but don’t know if I can get it done on time (I fly to Africa on 8th October). I’ll give at a good go though - might have to put in for some more leave from work!!!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This is going to be a very fiddly piece… unless you go with a cavalry unit musician, you’ll need to fit everything onto a 20mm (regular infantry) or 25mm (Black Orcs) square base. Tricky one, but not entirely undoable. :wink:

Nicodemus:

you'll need to fit everything onto a 20mm (regular infantry) or 25mm (Black Orcs) square base. Tricky one, but not entirely undoable. ;)

Ishkur Cinderhat
.. Big 'Uns are also a possible upgrade from Orc Boyz. Not that that changes anything, it's just the only other route to a 25mm base in the army that doesn't involve Black Orcs, but it's not much of a distinction for a musician.

Folks should also remember Goblins are fair game ;)

Just stick a hat and/or a tie-on beard (GS or real string) the above musician and you're set :D

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I was looking through my CD collection (Massive as it is) and came across a Musician I was working on, but haven’t finished yet. All he needs is some GS and paint and I’m done! :smiley:

What a score!

nitroglysarine:

I had considered a bag pipe. we’ll see :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Damnit… The model I wanted to do would be £15 for the base cost! Then, I’d need the specific extras that I want…