[Archive] Golden Hat #13 - Musician(1)

Da Crusha:

I have a couple of Ideas but somehow I don’t think it will be extreme enough, considering usual GH winners.

Nicodemus:

I have a couple of Ideas but somehow I don't think it will be extreme enough, considering usual GH winners.

Da Crusha
Yeah. I'm in the same boat for sure. As usual... I think my ideas are probably 'good' but not 'stellar'. I started work on a musician a few nights ago but it's starting to feel like it's going to be one of those "Oh, interesting. That looked really neat. Next!". My runner-up idea is still feeling like it's in that same category.

zobo1942:

I’m not going to enter this one, as I have no idea how to model a Chaos Dwarf guitarist rocking out while standing on top of a daemon-powered amplifier. Rock on!

Alfract:

i’ll definitely enter this one, i know i might not get a place, but this will this me the extra push to get that ‘unit’ finished.

Vash:

same here, i’ve watched multiple contests go by besides having good ideas. this time i want to enter, it also gives me a good excuse to do some shopping this weekend :).

i do have an idea and pending on how well i can get it executed it might even be very good… although i have no illusions yet that i will win. actualy, ending somewhere halfway would be make me more then happy :smiley:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Question - I’ve entered previous GH’s…I don’t think I’ve missed one since I joined the website in 2008 - how close am I to getting the “Veteran” award?

Bassman:

Ideas are flowing into my mind… :slight_smile:

Just remember is not only the conversion that counts… but also the paint job :wink:

Back to my deliriums… mmmmh

Xander:

Question - I've entered previous GH's...I don't think I've missed one since I joined the website in 2008 - how close am I to getting the "Veteran" award?

Tarrakk Blackhand
That should be fairly easy to determine on your own. In all likelihood you are 1 away.

vulcanologist:

Woohoo my sculpts finished… Time to dig out my paintbrushes!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

@ Xander - I didn’t keep track. Is there a way to view who entered previous GH’S?

cornixt:

Go through each winners announcement thread, all the participants should be listed for each.

Golder Goldeater:

Gosh! I really want to post a pic of my WIP musician but I think we r not allowed to do so.Can I post it to another site?

Willmark:

Best bet is to NOT do so. In fact it really is against the rules.

nitroglysarine:

Have had to simplify my idea, but should still be characterful :smiley:

Golder Goldeater:

Best bet is to NOT do so. In fact it really is against the rules.

Willmark
OK! I can wait. I just wasn't sure.

klemanius:

Ha, I just finished a musician the other day who came out good enough to enter but I decided not to convert him (GW dwarf) to break up the look of his unit a bit. Still looks evil enough to me so I’ll probably enter him. Worth doing?

Vash:

had to change my idea a bit, the mention of a “game legal base” was missunderstood by me. i still had a little backup plan which is now almost past the sculpting phase.

it’s hard to make something cool and not post any pics of it…

Hashut’s Blessing:

klemanius: If you’re happy with it being an entry, then go for it!

Vash: What was the misunderstanding?

I’m sill trying to decide if I can drop over £15 into a single musician model, lol…

Vash:

i wanted to make a bullcentaur musician based on a bloodcrushers juggernaut. i asked if it was allowed but since the model has a large monster base it’s not a game legal base for a bullcentaur.

and on the 15 bucks question, if my first idea was allowed i would have done it :o

Hashut’s Blessing:

Try to fit the model onto a cavalry base? Might be a bit of a push, but it could work. If not, make it some other time and create something else for this :smiley:

Secondly: £15 is worth about $23.335 (at the time of typing).