[Archive] Golden Hat #16

Thommy H:

There are Daemonic Constructs, which are exactly the same thing as Fireborn (or rather, Fireborn would be a kind of Construct in my list). So if you need an excuse, Vulcanologist, they do potentially have a place in your army.

I won’t have time to enter either, unfortunately, but I look forward to seeing the entries. It’s a very open one, this.

warh:

Really cool! now i just have to draw some concept art and hopefully make it in time.

cornixt:

Ending New Years eve? Now that could give some interesting pictures :D Would have preferred a deadline mid January. Many of you might see Christmas as a hobby holiday, but family father's don't ;) Will not have much time for this, so will probably not make this one, sorry.

clam
That's why you have to get started early!

We'll bear the deadline fate restrictions in mind next time.

vulcanologist:

@ Furrie: good point, Yes there is but I’ve never had any intention of using one. However ive been thinking how to enter and I definitely think I’ll do a simple Minotaur or golem and use it as a unit filler for my army. Correct me if I’m wrong but would they qualify as k’daai?

Nicodemus:

think I'll do a simple Minotaur or golem and use it as a unit filler for my army. Correct me if I'm wrong but would they qualify as k'daai?

vulcanologist
If you read through the description of the K'daai in one of my previous posts in this thread there's some info there to get you started in terms of what it could look like or might need to look like in order to represent a K'daai. That being said, it is fairly open, you'll just need to keep in mind that the folks judging the entries will also be looking for for something that looks like it could represent a bound fire daemon in armour (more or less). If it's just a minotaur or something like that you may need to sculpt some flames on it or give it glowing red skin or something....

~N

vulcanologist:

Cheers Nico. I’ve had a good read back through this thread and I think I’ve got a better grasp of what a k’daai is now. Ideas are spinning round my head now so definitely think I’ll be in this one! ( by the way I’ve just finished my entry for the Cotec competition too!)

Skink:

…Got an idea!!! I might try do give this one a go if I find all the bits i need

Pfreck:

Interesting theme! I’ve got some idea’s I need to work out for this project, hopefully my copy of Tamurkhan will arrive this week. Usually the fluff really helps me to imagine how it should look like; we’ll see!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This is going to be good. :slight_smile: Although I don’t have a copy of Tamurkhan (yet) and don’t plan on using the Legion of Azgorh rules on my army (yet), this will at the very least be a great unit filler.

Cheers also for giving us more time for this one… I will have my hands full with getting all XMas gifts for my family in time, will only have 5 days off between XMas and New Year’s eve, and will spend Christmas 500km away with my parents, so 6 weeks may eventually turn out not to be too much time really. ^^

Nicodemus:

I agree with everyone that it’s rather exciting to have such an ‘open’ concept (more or less, although within the confines of what the K’daai is supposed to represent) but the prospect of scratch building something this big, and potentially building multiples, is daunting.

I think I’ve got a good concept idea, but it may not be doable within the timeframe. Work has me totally swamped until early December (haven’t done anything painting or anything in about a week), and my concept would require me to do quite a bit of scratch building, casting and other bits. Like some others, this may just end up in my blog as opposed to an on-time entry :stuck_out_tongue:

Still, I think getting GH up and running and finished in a timely fashion was important so that we can get back on track ASAP in 2012 with the Artisans Contests and more GHs! Ideally we’ll be up to GHXX by this time next year.

~N

tjub:

First idea didnt work to well, time for plan B…

RTMaitreya:

First idea didnt work to well, time for plan B...

tjub
Damn, you're fast. I am still gathering supplies. Have half of what I need. . . making three requires casting. Gargle. This is going to be a lot of work.

Borador:

I am making one, I think. Sculpting has started :wink:

Lord Aldades:

Hmmm, might give this a try

theforgefather:

I was thinking of a smaller version of a space marine dreadnought, or maybe something based on an ork meganob. I might actually enter GH if I get it done in time, seeing as I only found out about it on monday.

Vogon:

I think I’m going to try and enter this one but I’ll have to see how it goes, I’m going to need some serious inspiration though.

Time to go a-rummaging in my bits box.

Cheers

Vogon

vulcanologist:

Well I’ve got a model and a plan so I think I’m in… If I can find time to paint it that is!

Borador:

Oh yeah, dang, got to paint it as well! Now then, I think I need to start hurrying, haven’t worked on it for a day or so!

@mods&admims:

Any height limits by the way?

Nicodemus:

@mods&admims:

Any height limits by the way?

Borador
We hadn't considered any to be honest!  Certainly if you want some big dynamic K'daai with massive flames and all kinds of crazyness shooting way up the the air... go to town.  I tend to think that our rule with keeping the base size limited to either 40x40 or 50x50 each will help keep things somewhat reasonable for the entries, so I don't think there's any need to impose any further restrictions on dimensions... within reason. Something like an Arachnarok spider balancing precariously on one one foot while on fire may not be your best chance at getting a Golden Hat medal for this one... then again, maybe it would!!  x.x

~N

Borador:

Haha Nico, that made me giggle.

Thanks for the info chief!