[Archive] Golden Hat #2

angryboy2k:

I already have the perfect model. A Hellcannon crewman standing onto of the Demon head that came with a Games Day model a few years back!

Uzkul Werit
Nice! Another bold use of a limited edition fig, hehe!

Steve

hal:

I'll enter, just so long as I can get a working camera and figure out how to post pics
Posting pics is very easy. Alls you need is a photobucket or a flickr account and then you can upload your pics to the internet, then you put a link to your pics in your pm to Xander for your entry.
The camera is another story.

AGPO:

Thanks for the adivse Hal, once my camera stops being so damn temperamental I’ll get my entire army up online!

someone2040:

Just requesting some info.

Is there any fluff about the Armour of Gazrakh?

I assume that most of the magic items that came with Ravening Hordes were actually based off of 5th edition items, so is there any kind’ve additional information about the Armour of Gazrakh (That being the only magical item he wears).

Uzkul Werit:

Some fluff that Hashut’s Chosen wrote for the Armour says that it was created for the Warlord Gazrakh. He was one of the most paranoid Chaos Dwarfs ever and he would even wear it in his sleep.

Guildenstern:

Therefore its a big fat armour. I will try to make a mix of plate armour and scale armour

grom:

"Gazrakh was a Lord General who kept
having dreams of being stabbed in the
back by his own troops. He commissioned
the Arcane Engineers to create an
impenetrable suit of armour which he wore
night and day during his campaigns,
taking the armour off only when he was in
his own home. Gazrakh gained much
acclaim as a commander, winning the
undying loyalty of the armies he
commanded. It wasn’t until Gazrakh
retired that he was attacked by one of his
own bodyguards under the employ of the
priests who were nervous over his growing
power and stabbed in the back while he was sleeping."

I wonder if arcane engineers attached to the armour some steam/demonic engines :wink:

The Flying Beaver:

If any of the Chaos Dwarf magic items have a bound daemon, it’s the Gauntlets of Bazrakh the Cruel. A strength bonus but a risk of hitting friendly troops? Sounds fishy to me.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Daemons smell fishy? Ah, news to me… I think it’s ironic how he died how he was paranoid about dying. Bad grammar, but muh. I’m planning to use irnobreaker command models somewhere in my conversion. By the way, is it possible for me to do three/four pics pre-painted and three/four pics post-painted? Just my painting isn’t that great and I’d like the conversion to be sent to GW, rather than the paintjob…

LLV:

I will be entering this competition with a converted…

…well i’ll let you wait and see…:hat off

The Flying Beaver:

No HB, sorry. 4 photographs is the maximum.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Okay. I’ll try one from the fron and one from the side, both before AND after painting. i guessed that’d be the case, to make it all fair and all. Just best to check.

Revlid:

Just requesting some info.
Is there any fluff about the Armour of Gazrakh?
I assume that most of the magic items that came with Ravening Hordes were actually based off of 5th edition items, so is there any kind've additional information about the Armour of Gazrakh (That being the only magical item he wears).

someone2040
From my list:
A demonstration of the genius of the greatest of Chaos Dwarf armoursmiths, this enchanted suit of plate emulates the armour of the Darklands Stonebeetle, a highly complex, interlinking exoskeleton that forms a spiked, nigh impenetrable shell around the wearer.

angryboy2k:

Grrrr!

There’s a good chance I’m not even going to get my figure in time to convert and paint it…

I’m paranoid so I ordered my figure from three different places. Sure enough, one of them’s been cancelled already. One of them should be on its way (gimme gimme gimme!) and the other’s on the same order as a bunch of advanced orders (which I was hoping might be sent a little early seeing as how they’re supposed to sent to reach customers on release day.)

Steve

PS. How come we’ve not seen Kyte’s figure yet?

Traitor King:

Kytes entering? Ive already lost…

Im not actully entering, due to having only just started chaos dwarfs (plus serious lack of skill).

Still, it’ll be interesting to see everyone elses models.

Revlid:

Does this mean that the Nemesis Crown Banner competition has been canceled?

Uzkul Werit:

That was on HoH, I believe.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As far as I know it hasn’t been cancelled, yes it was on HoH, I think no-one really took much notice of it, I was half-way through doing it, but it wasn’t working as well as I hoped and my Rythark/Rykarth or whatever isn’t done yet. (He was going to be on the same base as the banner…)

The Flying Beaver:

My entry’s finished. It’ll get submitted (well, not really as I take the submissions…) once I can get a camera from my friend.

someone2040:

Unfortunately it looks as if I won’t have the time to finish off my model. I have started it, but probably won’t finish it. Doesn’t help that on top of University Exams, I’m now moving house around the same time as well!

Anyway, good luck to those who enter. I will definately enjoy seeing other peoples models of Rykarth.