[Archive] Golden Hat #3 - Painting Competition!

grom:

hmmm… its not precised if he would be on foot or on mount…

Xander:

Either one, it is up to you!

grom:

so he may be mounted on war mammoth? :stuck_out_tongue:

Xander:

If you really think that would be fluffy. We have educated Chaos Dwarf generals on this forum who may not consider it as fluffy as you, so it might be hard to pull it off. But heck, your creative freedom is unhindered beyond that!

Master Vampire:

so he may be mounted on war mammoth? :P

grom
I don't you'll find him back afterwards :P

Pyro Stick:

Where would a hobgoblin find a war mammoth? Its more likely the mammoth would crush the hobgoblin.

torn:

sounds like a cool idea i might have to have a go at it if i get the time. competitions always put a nice break in the regular army building.

hal:

Does it have to look like ‘classic’ hobgoblin or can it just be based on one’s own interpretation of a hobgoblin?

Vexxus:

I haven’t seen any posts on this thread from one of the (I am sure) proud owners of the first two Golen Hats!

Is he secretly planning a sneak attack or MIA?

angryboy2k:

Unfortunately I’ve been too busy with work recently to accomplish any painting. And since my CD force doesn’t include any hobgoblins I’m going to just sit this one out. I do check in pretty regularly and I’m going to enjoy watching everyone else’s progress.

Steve

Hammerhand:

Is there some where we can check out previous Golden Hat entries so we can see the required standard? I don’t wat to put up an entry that will be laughed at sniff as my last entry to UK golden deamon was! :sick

grom:

Is there some where we can check out previous Golden Hat entries so we can see the required standard? I don't wat to put up an entry that will be laughed at ***sniff*** as my last entry to UK golden deamon was! :sick

Hammerhand
try here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php/The_Golden_Hat

and 'bout that u have write... its not properly spirit for Golden Hat...

cornixt:

I don’t think anyone has ever laughed at or been mean bout any of the entries so far, and well over half of of them are far from Golden Daemon standard. I’d encourage anyone to enter, even if they don’t think they have a chance at winning. A different style, technique, conversion, is always nice to see, even you don’t think yours is anything special someone else will.

Hammerhand:

I don't think anyone has ever laughed at or been mean bout any of the entries so far, and well over half of of them are far from Golden Daemon standard.��I'd encourage anyone to enter, even if they don't think they have a chance at winning.��A different style, technique, conversion, is always nice to see, even you don't think yours is anything special someone else will.

cornixt
I am definately going to enter. The story behind my guy being laughed at relates to a white panthers company champion I painted for 2006 GD.��I thought it was good enough to beat the first round of judging, but as I looked at the other entries, three men were pointing at my model and laughing at the paint job.��I thought they were being sarcastic until I heard one of them say "look at the state of the banner" and they all laughed.��It really made me feel like crap.��

I feel a bit guilty now though, as I realise what I sounded like in my earlier post.��I didn't mean to mislead people in any way, but I am quite a good painter, much better than I am a modeller! the pointing finger on my star elf wraithlord is about my proudest achievement!��So I am not accused of the false sense of security, or unsporting thing, here are a couple of pics said SM and WL.��Can't wait to get hold of some CD's and stick them up there, unil then, all efforts Golden Hat!��

The large pictures really make your models look worse don't they! Ah well, practise my photography before the Golden Hat submission. How do you submit entries by the way? just post them on this thread?

WarplockMonkey:

Hammerhead wrote;
The large pictures really make your models look worse don't they!
You better beleive it! you should see my ones!

Well i think your a good painter, i saw this model in the flesh last year and i though it was really good!

I dont have any hobgoblins in my army either (exept for BTs), but i just used this competition as an excuse to make one!

Pyro Stick:

I really want to enter this but all i ahvve to use are skaven night runners, a few bits of the NIght GOblin Fanatic sprue (mainly heads) , and rondom bits from other armies like wood elves and tomb kings. I dont know what im going to do since im not that good at using green stuff. I guess i ahve to learn sometime. Hmm. I kinda remember seeing some Skaven hobgolbins somewhere…

Ghrask Dragh:

:slight_smile: I can actually enter this one!!

:h Hobgoblins you say:~ I didn’t think much of the old models until I actually got some, now I think they are brilliant! I finished this one a couple of days ago…

Obviously not my entry! I really like pose of this model and painted it as soon as I saw it just because of that!

Hobgoblin models are great stuff, can’t wait to get to work :idea I have an idea already!

Hammerhand:

Is it going to be split between hobs on foot and hobs on wolves/hounds/mammoths? I.E. medal for best foot model & medal for best mounted?

death bringer:

this is perfect on september 1st the games workshop by my house (mississauga on) is havin a warhammer filled day includin yup you guessed it a conversion contest (all models and bitz included)

Xander:

this is perfect on september 1st the games workshop by my house (mississauga on) is havin a warhammer filled day includin yup you guessed it a conversion contest (all models and bitz included)

death bringer
The Square 1 location? What sort of contest is it? I live in Mississauga too. :P