Welcome to the 5th Golden Hat competition!
For those new to CDO, the Golden Hat painting competitions are a chance to paint a mini and test your skills against the other members of this forum.
What can I paint?
The theme for this competition is… a Standard Bearer.
- Paint a Standard Bearer (of Unit Strength 1) that bears a banner on some part of the model.
- The bearer can be a Battle Standard Bearer, for a made up unit, or that of any of the existing units in the CD list (provided its Unit Strength 1).
What can I not paint?
- Bull Centaur or wolf rider Standard Bearer (as they are unit strength 2).
What is the deadline?
- The deadline for entering is 31st March 2008. Once the deadline has closed a new thread will be created where people can vote in a poll for which entry they think deserves to win.
How do I enter?
- To enter, you need to take up to 4 photos of your entry and upload them to the internet. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is different from the last competitions!)
What do I win?
- Most importantly you get a place in the Chaos Dwarfs Online Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- The winner will also get a Golden Hat Medal to be added under their avatar.
- [Update] The winner will also get a free copy of GW presents: Chaos Dwarfs courtesy of BLOOD AXE
- Everyone who enters will get 5 free slaves.
This sounds great!
I’m defenitely going to enter, I already have some cool idea’s in mind.
Standard Bearer!!! YAH I’m in… Now just have to decide what to make. :idea
To further clarify for those who might ask (mods feel free to chime in) this means that it is limited to either hobgoblin or chaos dwarf as the model on foot. Hobbo wolf riders and Bull Centaurs are out… as they have US2.
You could do a Black Orc, Orc or Goblin as well.
Im offering a copy of the -GW presents Chaos Dwarfs- to the winner.
Eager to start, but unsure as to which unit to enter! Unfortunately, I think I’ve already painted all of my standard bearers, however, I could always opt for converting a BSB with some spare parts I might have lying around!
I’ve sketched out some initial ideas. I would have entered my soon to be completed count as army standard, but having four or two dwarfs means its not US1
Bloodaxe’s generous offer is also going to make me work even harder on my entry! As for the life of me I can’t seem to win one of those darn things of of vultureBay.
Hm, this is very tempting - would be a good opportunity to make a Battle Standard Bearer for my army. Although I planned this to be Bull Centaur which would not qualify for this competition. Plus, I haven’t planned to include a BSB in my army until I have 3k points - and still a long way to go.
Still, very tempting indeed!
Yahoo! definitely entering this one! woohoo!
OK, that was a lucky choice, because I was thinking about building one of those…
So, count me in!
I think I may break from my usual role of frequent lurker and participate in this one. I have just the goblin for the job. I do hope this degenerates into a “who can build the most ridiculously oversized banner” contest. What’s not to love about oversized banners
Well your days are over of all guys golden hats
im in it now.
Il see what I can do in this one. Although knowing the kind of work we can see here, i still have my doubts.
Hmm, not something I have in my list but if I can come up an idea that is worth making I think I will give it a go. :~
How big of a bace can this single figure be on???
Well, I would think 25mm bases are the max. Everything else would be too big for a model with unit strength 1.
Finally a true CD competition again - so nice, so nice - and as said very tempting :hat
Just to point out incase it isn’t clear, this isn’t a competition where you can only enter a BSB. You can enter any standard bearer for any unit if you want (US 1).
Thanks BA for the prize!
I endorse this product or service.
Banner coming soon!
This might be a record turn-out for the Golden Hat competition! Plus… Ishkur is thinking of entering… (eyes bug out!- gulp)