[Archive] Golden Hat #9

Willmark:

Welcome to the 9th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

By popular demand the Staff are pleased to announce the following competition for the 9th Golden Hat miniature contest:
Create a Bull Centaur!

Subject Matter
Create a Bull Centaur

So what do we mean by this?

Create a Chaos Dwarf single miniature themed on a ‘Bull Centaur’.

Unlike some of our Golden Hat themes there are several ways you can interpret this.  So you can make:
- Bull Centaur Lord
- Bull Centaur Hero (can be a Battle Standard Bearer if you wish)
- Bull Centaur (a command model if you prefer)
- A ‘Bull Centaur’ themed special character.

I have tried to leave this as open as possible within the theme, so if people want to create something completely new they can.  Remember of course that we will all interpret the ‘Bull Centaur’ theme in a different way, so hopefully our entries will not all look the same!

Basing
In the past we may have insisted that a model like this should be based on a game legal base.  For this one (and maybe more), your entry can be based based on a circular display base if you prefer (up to 50mm), a cavalry base, or maybe even a 20mm x 40mm base (;)).  Doing it this way opens it up to really show off more about your model, but (being a single miniature) it cannot be in combat with anything else on the base.  Bodies incorporated into the base etc are ok.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM 29th June 2009 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create a 'Bull Centaur’

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM 29th June 2009 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 8 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. in order to avoid problems. I “highly advise” that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries…

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Swissdictator:

AWESOME! Perfect timing for this too!

I shall begin my evil project!

cackles maniacly on the way to the painting table

GRNDL:

Meh. I think I’m going to have a hard time putting in a greenskin for this comp.

Joshmohr:

Good…Good…

I shall begin! Crackles madly, hissing, and foaming at the mouth

tjub:

Ah, cool… Ive already got an idea! :slight_smile:

Servius:

Your all doomed…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Loki:

at last i have a use for that spare bull centaur that i have had laying around for so long now :slight_smile:

warh:

now i got a good reason to do my bull centaurs:)

clam:

Awesome :hat off

- but the stupid dane needs some clarification on this:

I have tried to leave this as open as possible within the theme, so if people want to create something completely new they can.  Remember of course that we will all interpret the ‘Bull Centaur’ theme in a different way, so hopefully our entries will not all look the same!

Willmark
Do this “something completly new” means that I can do something thats not a Bull-body/dwarf torso creature - like boar centaurs, spider centaures ect. - or could I even do some kind of cavalry looking figure - like a dwarf riding a cool monster? as long as I keep it on a 50x25mm base?

furrie:

I have the same question as clam, if the answer is yes I have a very cool idea for the comp :stuck_out_tongue:

Thommy H:

Well the competition is for a Bull Centaur… Clue’s in the name, guys.

fondu77:

“I’ll be there” quoted a bad song

Kera foehunter:

sound great !!!   i get cracking

clam:

Well the competition is for a Bull Centaur... Clue's in the name, guys.

Thommy H
Well as said I'm stupid - but to me it says 'Bull Centaur' and not plain Bull Centaur. The plings could indicate that 'count as' would/could be accepted. In danish that is of course.

So for the non english guys here - can it be a bit more accurate? Can it be a count as BC model? - or shall it have a bull body/dwarf torso?

Thorne:

:cheers today I begin what I have wanted to do for such a long time. Today I begin my Chaos dwarves ! (starting with the bull centuar that is)

ryanamandaanna:

Ugh. I just finished a unit of 5 Bull Centaurs… I guess now I have an excuse to work on a Hero…

Pyro Stick:

Ill just be entering a normal Bull Centaur as ive got about 7 needing painted up. I would have preferred this to have been for more than one Bull Centaur though.

clam:

Ill just be entering a normal Bull Centaur as ive got about 7 needing painted up. I would have preferred this to have been for more than one Bull Centaur though.

Pyro Stick
Register - 6 more times then - and you can enter all 7 ;)

Zanko:

May Hashut bless my work - count me in! :hat off

The “stupid” German has also a question … :wink:

can we use a “normal” Bull Centaur model or must we create a complete new model from different bits?

:hashut

Hashut’s Blessing:

Mwahahahaha. I have two to make (well, 6, but two to make for this) and so I have double the chance of not winning :smiley: Of course I can only enter one, but it;s a case of choosing between classic character or self-made (idea stolen elsewhere) unit command? Well, we’ll see which I decide is more worthwhile.