[Archive] Golden Hat Entries and Your Thoughts

Hashut’s Blessing:

There were lots of people saying that they thought that they could guess who had made and painted most of the entries. I’m interested to see who thought who painted which model and whether or not they were correct. Please post here to say so :smiley: Should be interesting.

Abyss:

well i dont have a list of who’s i thought was who’s or anything, but i think one of the grat things about the contest (and chaos dwarfs) is that everyone developes their own unique style and so you could tell who some peoples where. such as ishkur’s and willmarks.

i think one of the biggest surprises was xanders entry, as it is in a very different style to his other masked CD’s

peace out

minty:

yeah, xander’s was the biggest suprise, he barely does anything and his stuff is so different

but you can tell peoples like willmark and ishkur. there style is so obvious it’s hard to miss

Grimstonefire:

I could have guessed #3 was revlids, he has a very distinct style.  Entry 6 had to be Kera because of the watery base.

I would have put entry 8 down incorrectly as Hashut’s Blessing, as I think he has a similar colour scheme?

12 was obviously Ishkur.

15 I would have guessed as GRNDL as he usually does fairly bright reds.

If I hadn’t done it myself (?) I could have guessed which one mine is as I think its fairly similar in style to most of my stuff.

Others would have been incorrect guesses.

AGPO:

Remember the first Golden Hat? It was anonymous but Xander posted the warrior from his conversion article

Kera foehunter:

well i new a few but most people style did change.

torn:

yeah a couple was easy, kera’s the easiest as all the blue gave it away. i actually didnt get ishkurs, i thought a different one was his. cant remember the rest of my guesses now but i think i had about a third pinned down.

Abyss:

you could see ishkurs as one of the pictures was a work in progress pic and it showed the resin cast hat

Willmark:

well i dont have a list of who's i thought was who's or anything, but i think one of the grat things about the contest (and chaos dwarfs) is that everyone developes their own unique style and so you could tell who some peoples where. such as ishkur's and willmark.

Abyss
I'm mentioned in the same sentence as Ishkur? Awesome. Sweet!

Sojourn:

I had an unfair advantage since I saw both Xander’s and Vex’s entries while they were being worked on. I didn’t let it sway my vote.

I’m unfamiliar with people’s styles to be honest, however, I did figure Kera’s was the “pirate-y” one :wink:

Willmark:

I was able to pick out quite a few. Abyss (#2) and Clam’s (#11) entry threw me though as I couldn’t tell. Hammerhand’s (#13 AFAICR) was puzzling too.

Of course becoming a mod during the competition helped with that confusion… :wink:

Kera foehunter:

from now on im not using blue baces in contest haha

GRNDL:

I think that if you looked at the entries trying to match up whose entry was who’s then you’d probably find yourself matching at least some of them up. I tried to put that aside and judged the model itself - how cool it was, what the idea was, how much work was put into it and so on.

There were some surprising models - some of the best ideas weren’t necessarily the most finished, but the efforts of those few got me excited about possibilities for future projects.

I guess it might come down to what do you look for in the model?

Obsidian:

Too new to guess such things but while I looked at the gallery I instantly thought; Hey, that one must be from Grimstonefire!

I was right! :cheers:

Can’t wait for the next GH, cause no matter what I want to enter! :shy: