[Archive] Good Ghost Miniatures?

Admiral:

A friend of mine recently asked after a miniature producer which makes good ghost models. Do you have any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Dînadan:

Does he have anything specific in mind? I.e. Is he after cliché bed sheet type ghosts or after ghosts that look more like actual people?

If the later, then I’d say any mini he likes and just paint it ghostly :wink:

Thommy H:

Soul Tokens from Privateer Press?

Admiral:

Good find, Thommy! It’s not what he’s out for, but anyway they sure looks useful for magic markers to my eyes. :hat off

Imagine them rising out of a vat of lava or molten metal, forming part of a shrine to Hashut…

@Dînadan: He have explained he’s out for something like the ghosts whirling around Nagash or the Mortis Engine.

Dînadan:

@Dînadan: He have explained he's out for something like the ghosts whirling around Nagash or the Mortis Engine.

Admiral
Can't think of anything like that off the top of my head (besides waiting and buying the new spirit hosts/bitz ordering the Nagash ones or bitz ordering the Mortis Engine ones), but I think he might be able to get a good approximation if he bout the Mantic Zombies and/or Ghouls and greenstuffed ghostly 'tails' onto them in place of legs.

Skink:

He have explained he's out for something like the ghosts whirling around Nagash or the Mortis Engine.

Admiral
...You mean the new Spirit hosts from GW???

Admiral:

@Dînadan: Good idea, but he said he didn’t want to sculpt much at all, since he couldn’t do it justice.

@Skink: That’s my first thought as well, but he didn’t react when I first mentioned them. Now he did, so thanks! :cheers

Doombeard:

Mantic zombies are posed pretty nicely they are reaching out to get you, and each box contains a load which are half out of the ground

Dînadan:

@Dînadan: Good idea, but he said he didn't want to sculpt much at all, since he couldn't do it justice.

Admiral
Well it wouldn't be much sculpting at all, just a cone of putty for the 'tail' ;)

Zanko:

What about these guys?

With some sculpting they might fit … :wink:

:hashut

Admiral:

Thank you very much for the help, guys! It’s much appreciated. In the end he settled for the new Spirit Hosts. Apparently they’re to be used for 40k of all things, but had they been for Fantasy I think converted Mantic zombies or those nice minis which Zanko show would have been great.

Aromat:

Lord of the rings from gw has a nice range for making ghosts. The miniatures are the army of the dead. I used them for my spirit hosts.  

Bloodbeard:

The Reaper Bones og Repear Bones II have some nice and very cheap ghost/spirit/elemental/wraith miniatures. That’ll give you some great ghosts for next to nothing.