[Archive] Gorak-Zharr Clan: The hardships and struggles (17-2-18)

MadHatter:

Here be recorded the hardships and struggles of the small but ancient Kalan A Gorak-Zharr, the Clan of Bestial Fire. Conservative even by Dawi-Zharr standard the greater a struggle than their enemies on the battlefield is the hardships arising from their custom of inheriting power and occupation. This tradition is written in ages and oaths and are only to be circumvented when a bloodline has been completely annihilated. Not being able to stand the incompetence of those unfit for their position (however bound to silence by ancient custom) the divided clan mostly raid in smaller bands. It’s a rare occasions when the clan does unite as one and it’s solely upon heeding the mad Gorak-Zharr Sorcerer-Prophet’s call to war.

Victories: 17

Draws: 2

Defeats: 18

1 VS. 1

07/11-2014: 500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. High Elves (3-3) - The first stumbling steps

07/12-2014: 500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. High Elves - Settling the score

07/13-2014: 500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. Warriors of Chaos - That Eye of the Gods

07/17-2014: 500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. High Elves - What comet?

07/18-2014: 500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. High Elves - Death and deployment

07/24-2014: 500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. Warriors of Chaos - Tournament (Apotheosis!?)

07/25-2014: 500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. High Elves - Tournament

08/17-2014: 1500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. High Elves

12/05-2014: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. Empire - Death to the Emperor!

Multiplayer

08/11-2014, 2 vs 2, 1500p, Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves VS. Ogre Kingdoms and Warriors of Chaos

08/27-2014, 2 vs 2, 1500p, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms VS. High Elves and Warriors of Chaos - The Battle of Currentsway

08/30-2014, 2 vs 2, 1500p, Chaos Dwarfs and Warriors of Chaos VS. Ogre Kingdoms and High Elves: THE MASSACRE

09/04-2014, 2 vs 1, 4500p, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms VS. Orcs and Goblins: WAAAGH!

09/22-2014, 2 vs 2, 5000, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms VS. Warriors of Chaos and High Elves: 9h Beerhammer

MadHatter:

07/11-2014: vs. 500p, High Elves (3-3) - The first stumbling steps

Chaos Dwarf list
Daemonsmith (lvl 1, Lore of Fire)
10 Infernal Guard (HW + S), Musician, Deathmask w. Pistol
Deathshrieker
3 Bull Centaurs (GW)

High Elf list
1 Mage (lvl 2, Lore of Beasts)
15 Spearmen
15 Phoenix Guard

Battle 1: Chaos Dwarf Victory
Dawi-Zharr get turn 1. The High Elf Mage is deployed alone beside the other units and is blasted by a demolition rocket on turn 1. The Deathshrieker continously punished the spearmen. The Axemen and Bullcentaurs eventually grinds down the Phoenix Guard, who where weakened by continous Fireballs. One Axemen falls and all High Elfs are whiped from the battlefield.

Battle 2: High Elf Victory
Dawi-Zharr get turn 1. High Elf Mage gets of the empowered version of the Transformation of Kadon and roams the battlefield as a Great Fire Dragon. The Chaos Dwarfs managed to get a hit through with the Deathshrieker Demolition Rocket, the d6 wounds roll turning up on 1. Facing the Infernal Guard the Daemonsmith who has joined that unit tries to dispell the dragon, fails, however the unit rolls Insane Courage on the terror-test shortly before being slaughtered (All for Hashut!). The Ba’hal manages to finally get a second wound on the damned beast before dispelling it, the wounds carrying over the mage dies, however the Ba’hal was the last one standing and fell shortly after to the Phoenix Guard.

Battle 3: High Elf Victory
High Elfs get turn 1. The Bullcentaurs charges the Spearmen who have been weakened by the Deathshrieker and the Axemen locks in combat with the Phoenix Guard. The High Elf Mage gets of the empowered Savage Beast of Horrors giving all elfs on the battlefield +3 str and +3 attacks, annihilating all but the Daemonsmith and the Deathshrieker. Having had a few beers and forgetting Daemonsmiths immune to psychology he fails the leadership test and runs of the board…

Battle 4: Chaos Dwarf Victory
Dawi-Zharr get turn 1. High Elf Mage rolls Pann’s Impenetrable Pelt and Amber Spear. Deathshrieker survived 2 Amber Spears and the High Elfs are utterly grinded down, burned and blasted to pieces. The Spearmen panics from the Deathshrieker casualties on turn 1 and runs of the board :cheers

Battle 5: Chaos Dwarf Victory
Dawi-Zharr get turn 1. High Elf’s tries out High Magic. Not a good idea against the Blackshard Armour of the Daemonsmith and his Infernal Guard. Daemonsmith blows himself up by a miscast but the Infernal Guard and Bullcentaurs get good hits on the enemy and the Phoenix Guard roll terrible wardsaves.

Battle 6: High Elf Victory
Dawi-Zharr get turn 1. High Elf Mage goes Lore of Beasts again, rolls transformation. The Spearmen assaulted the Deathshrieker, failing to take it down for 4 turns, the Mage transforms empowered atleast 3 times only to be dispelled the turn after however doing considerable damage. In the end it all came down to the mage surviving the attack of 5 Infernal Guard and a Deathmask… he does and manages the empowered transformation again the turn after. Intense!

Summarization
Almost all Dawi-Zharr victories where crushing while the High Elfs always won somewhat struggling. For the next battle I will have the Deathshrieker replaced by lvl 2 on the Wizard, an enchanted shield and Fireglaives and a standard-bearer with the Infernal Guard.

This was our first battles and we where quite drunk by battle 6, we forgot to count for combat res. and forgot most miscast, break and panic-tests which would mostly have all been in my favour. I’m overall very happy with the performance of the Clan.

MadHatter:

07/12-2014: vs. 500p, High Elves - Settling the score

Landing on 3-3 yesterday the score had to be settled today. We read up on the rules and both made new lists.

Chaos Dwarf list
Daemonsmith (lvl1, Lore of Death)
-Dispel scroll
-Enchanted shield

11 Infernal Guard
-Full command
-Fireglaives
-Gleaming Pennant

3 Bullcentaurs
-Additional handweapon
-Ba’hal
-Musician

High Elf list
Mage (lvl2, Lore of Death)

19 Swordmasters

13 Seaguard

Elf rolls Soulblight and Caress of Laniph, Daemonsmith settles with signature.

High Elf Turn 1:
The Mage joins the Swordmasters marching towards the flank of the Dawi’Zharr. The winds of magic fails the lowly Elf. The Seaguard move and shoot, killing one Infernal Guard.

Chaos Dwarfs Turn 1:
Fireglaives shoot, kills 2 Swordmasters and they deflect 2 shots with their swords. Bullcentaurs march towards the Seaguard.

High Elf Turn 2:
Seaguard passing their “march within 8” Ld-test" moves over the hill past the Bullcentaurs. Swordmasters fail their charge. Mage cast Caress targeting DS but is out of distance.

Chaos Dwarf Turn 2:
The mighty Bullcentaurs makes a quick reform and flank-charges the Seaguard. Shooting kills 4 Swordmasters. The Bullcentaurs wreck the Seaguard, they flee, the Bullcentaurs pursue but fails to catch them.

High Elf Turn 3:
Tries to rally the Seaguard, fail, they run of the board. Swordmasters fail another charge on the Fireglaives. Mage targets caress on Daemonsmith, I use the dispel scroll.

Chaos Dwarf Turn 3:
Bullcentaurs move into position to rear-charge should the Elfs charge the Fireglaives. Shooting without penalty kills 6 Swordmasters. Tries to get of signature spell, dispelled.

High Elf Turn 4:
Swordmasters charge the Fireglaives. Mage issues a challenge, Daemonsmith confidently accepts but neither wounds the other. Mage targets Caress on Ba’hal and it takes 2 wounds. Swordmasters kills 6 Infernal Guard, in turn I kill 2 Swordmasters. I fail the leadership test, reroll with pendant and fail again and they run of the board, we didn’t find out if the Daemonsmith could leave the unit or if his Immune to Psychology would affect the whole unit however out of sportsmanship we don’t roll that and I accept the Daemonsmith as a casualty aswell, would be happy for any enlightenment here! BC pass leadership test.

Chaos Dwarf Turn 4:
I rear-charge the unit with 4 remaining Swordmasters and the Mage, neither the Swordmasters or the Mage wounds the Bullcentaurs, the remaining Swordmasters are whiped out. Mage survives the stomp but breaks and runs of the board.

VICTORY!

I wanted to go with a lvl 2 but that puts me 5 points above my allowance for heroes. I’ll keep this list for now, t’was a great time, however I’ll return to the Lore of Fire for the next battle!

Bloodbeard:

Great to see some more battle reports on the site! Thanks for this MadHatter.

After starting our Schädel Island campaign I really love 500 point games. They are truly unforgiving! So much fun and really fast too.

Sending you some slaves for starting this thread. A slave for each victory and one for bringing a table of contents to the post.

torn:

great reports, im loving yours and bloodbeards 500pt battle reports. They are so different to the 2000pt plus netlist games, it really feels like any army has a chance. Other than high elves who else are you likely to fight?

Did you find the speed of the bull centaurs more useful than taking more warriors? Obviously they hit a bit harder as well.

MadHatter:

Great to see some more battle reports on the site! Thanks for this MadHatter.

After starting our Schädel Island campaign I really love 500 point games. They are truly unforgiving! So much fun and really fast too.

Sending you some slaves for starting this thread. A slave for each victory and one for bringing a table of contents to the post.

Bloodbeard
Thank you kindly Lord Zantromm!

Truly unforgiving... one mistake and all is lost :D
great reports, im loving yours and bloodbeards 500pt battle reports. They are so different to the 2000pt plus netlist games, it really feels like any army has a chance. Other than high elves who else are you likely to fight?

Did you find the speed of the bull centaurs more useful than taking more warriors? Obviously they hit a bit harder as well.

torn
Today I faced Chaos Warriors! Report in the making as we speak. Later on when we gain more experience and confidence we will face VC, Bretonnia, Woodelfs and Darkelfs. High point reports will come later on, these 500p battle feel so fresh and it's quick.

With the Bullcentaurs... The stomp really matters aswell as the multiple wounds, being able to threaten with flank and rearcharges is also quite nice imho. I haven't tried with more IG yet simply because the ones I ordered have not arrived from the US yet... I'll spoil another sealed box of plastic warriors, wahaha :P

MadHatter:

07/13-2014: vs. 500p, Warriors of Chaos - That Eye of the Gods

Chaos Dwarf list
Daemonsmith lvl 1, lore of Metal
-dispel scroll
-enchanted shield

3 Bullcentaurs w. Great Weapons

11 Fireglaives
-Full cmd

Chaos Warriors list
Lvl 1 marked Wizard of Tzeench, lore of Tzeench

10 marked Warriors of Tzeench

6 marked Chosen of Khorne

Wizard gets Blue Flame of Tzeentch. Daemonsmith gets Searing Doom. Eye of the Gods on the Chosen gives the whole unit +1 str.

Warriors of Chaos turn 1
Wizard deployed with Warriors, them and Chosen march towards me. Wizard gets of Blue Flame of Tzeench targeting my Daemonsmith. I use the scroll and dispel.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 1
I position the Bullcentaurs to charge the Chosen next turn. The Gorak-Zharr Daemonsmith closes his eyes and the air around him crackles. Searing Doom does 1 hit on the Warriors, it’s saved by the Tzeench ward. The Fireglaives kills 1 Warrior.

Warriors of Chaos turn 2
Warriors and Chosen continues their march. The Wizard casts Blue Flame with irresistable force, does 3 str 1 hits on the Infernal Guard, 1 of them wound but is saved.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 2
The Bullcentaurs charge the Chosen of Khorne. The Warriors are frightingly close now. The Daemonsmith casts an empowered Searing Doom, the Wizard dispels with Irresistible Force. He detonates, the Wizard and 5 Warriors die in blue flame. Brutal! Every last Bullcentaurs is slain by the Chosen with their +1 str. The Champion Eye of the Gods, the Eye opens and gives him a reroll on a to-hit dice.

Warriors of Chaos turn 3
The 6 Chosen of Khorne charge, the 4 remaining Warriors of Tzeench charge. The Daemonsmith is slain by the Chosen Champion of Khorne. 8 Dwarfs dies and in turn kills 1 Chosen. The 3 remaining Dawi’Zharr run of the board.

Defeat!

Thoughts
I should not have underestimated the Chosen. I should not have underestimated the Chosen. I should not have underestimated the Chosen. Especially with their str +1. I had prepared for this game using armor penetrating Fireglaives, Great Weapons on the BC and Searing Doom on the Daemonsmith. I had the tools to do this. I was also very lucky that the Wizard and Warriors blew up and had I focused my shooting on the Chosen instead the Infernal Guard and Bullcentaurs would have made short work of the 4 remaining Warriors. Great game and great learning experience!

Admiral:

Nice. I hope you will report of crushing victories in the months to come. I see therte’s a WoC player who did not like the weird anatomy of the old 5th edition plastic Warriors. :wink:

MadHatter:

Nice. I hope you will report of crushing victories in the months to come. I see therte's a WoC player who did not like the weird anatomy of the old 5th edition plastic Warriors. ;)

Admiral
Thanks and thanks! Haha yeah, he got them like that! We'll fix that with some greenstuff eventually I guess :cheers

Bloodbeard:

That’s one way to get effectively slaughtered.

In a small game like this, I don’t think BCs are the right choice. You don’t need their speed, since you want as many shots with the fireglaives as possible.

And for 120 points you get 1 less wound, 4 less attacks, yet at the same strentgh and armorsave. I think that’s a bad deal, when not needing the speed of the centaurs.

I know this is small lists, trying stuff out, going about it quick games. But it is actually possible to uphold the “minimum 3 units” rule in such small games. And to out advantage against WoC, because they are forced not to upgrade their units. There’s just not enough points.

MadHatter:

That's one way to get effectively slaughtered.

In a small game like this, I don't think BCs are the right choice. You don't need their speed, since you want as many shots with the fireglaives as possible.

And for 120 points you get 1 less wound, 4 less attacks, yet at the same strentgh and armorsave. I think that's a bad deal, when not needing the speed of the centaurs.

I know this is small lists, trying stuff out, going about it quick games. But it is actually possible to uphold the "minimum 3 units" rule in such small games. And to out advantage against WoC, because they are forced not to upgrade their units. There's just not enough points.

Bloodbeard
Thanks for the advice! It's invaluable :cheers tomorrow my plan is to start on the magmacannon, having been mocked all day for my Bullcentaur charge I'll go Daemonsmith, Fireglaives, Magmacannon and Deathshrieker in the next game :hashut

MadHatter:

07/18-2014: vs. 500p, High Elfs - What comet?

For this game we agreed to modify the special and unit size allowances somewhat. My special landed on 270 points.

CD List (non-legal)
Daemonsmith, lvl 1, fire.
Deathshrieker
Magmacannon (Hellbound)
10 Fireglaives

High Elf list
Lvl 2 Mage
10 Archers
5 Dragonprinces
8 Swordmasters

Chaos Dwarfs turn 1
Empowered fireball is dispelled. The Deathshrieker misfires and blows up. Magmacannon wipes out all the Dragonprinces. Fireglaives are out of range.

High Elfs turn 1
The Swordmasters move up. The Mage call down the Comet of Casadora with irresistible force and looses a Wizard level.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 2

The Gorak-Zharr Daemonsmith, his faith in Hashut firm as the black obsidian of the ziggurats, simply isn’t all to bothered with trivialities like burning boulders approaching his ranks from space. He calmly lights a fine slave-skin cigarr and orders the Dawi’Zharr to hold their positions.

In the magic phase the comet impacts on everything within 12", killing 6 Axemen, the Daemonsmith succeeds his look out sir!, putting the magma cannon down on 1 wound. The Dark Father just grants that much luck and the Daemonsmith’s empowered fireball sure does kill 6 Swordmasters but he takes one wound from the miscast, fails his toughness test and is petrified. Such is the price we pay. The Magmacannon wipes out all the archers, the Mage runs of the board and the 4 remaining Fireglaives kill the 2 remaining Swordmasters.

Victory!

Some thoughts… the magmacannon is essential but it’s not fun to play an all shooter list for anyone as it all boils down to sheer gamble. Some would perhaps argue that Hellbound is unnecessary however facing Dragonprinces and Dragonbane Gems the magical attack is key, the extra wound and toughness sure doesn’t hurt.

MadHatter:

07/18-2014: vs. 500p, High Elfs - Death and deployment

Chaos Dwarf list
Daemonsmith, lvl 1 Fire.
-Dispel Scroll
-Enchanted shield

15 Infernal Guard
-Musician
-Standard-bearer
-Gleaming Pennant

Magma Cannon
-Hellbound

High Elf list
Mage, lvl 2 Beasts
-Ironcurse Icon

5 Dragonprinces

10 Swordmasters

Archers

High Elf mage rolls Wyzan and Beast of Horrors. I settle with the fireball, as is tradition.

High Elf turn 1
The Mage joins Dragonprinces, Swordmasters and Dragonprinces marches towards me. Mage gets wyzan off on the Dragonprinces but I dispel it. Archers fail to kill any axemen.

Chaos Dwarf turn 1
The merry Axemen marches singing towards the Dragonprinces. The Magmacannon kills 3 of them. Empowered Fireball kills 8 Swordmasters, they start running.

High Elf turn 2
The remaining Swordmasters rally and reform. The Mage leaves the Dragonprinces and they charge the Axemen. He tries to buff them with Wyzan, I fail the dispel. He tries to buff them with Beast of Horrors and I use my scroll. 3 Axemen fall to their lances. They pass their leadership test.

Chaos Dwarf turn 2
I cast empowered fireball on the mage, it is dispelled. I target him with the cannon and he dies to the multiple wounds. The Dragonprinces kill an Axeman but they fail to wound in return.

High Elf turn 3
The Swordmasters fail their charge horribly. The Dragonprinces fail to wound the Axemen, in turn they are butchered.

Chaos Dwarf turn 3
Axemen march toward the Archers, empowered fireball kills the remaining Swordmasters, the Axemen are in the way of the Magmacannons LoS.

High Elf turn 4
Archers fail to wound.

Chaos Dwarf turn 4
Axemen march out of LoS, preparing to charge the next round. Magmacannon, misfires and I reroll a shot that goes way over the archers and out of the board. Empowered Fireball kills 5 or 6 archers.

High Elf turn 5
Archers kill an Axeman.

Chaos Dwarf turn 5
Axemen charge, Elfs fail to wound, 4 Elfs killed and they loose CC, break and runs of the board.

Victory!

Thoughts… High Elfs lost solely to bad deployment. The Dragonprinces and Swordmasters should have switched places and the Mage should have joined the Swordmasters. I would be forced to charge-block with the Axemen or the Magmacannon would have been stopped turn 2 and I might have had to face the Swordmasters flanking me in close-combat. Crushing victory!

Bloodbeard:

Thanks for the battle reps MadHatter, I enjoy them. Great slaying all those knights, without them doing damage. Dragonprinces are way too expensive in 500 point games. Silverhelms would do an equally good job, but leave points for more guys. Some comments on the lists.

Illegal list:

Besides being illegal, there’s simply not enough troops. Bringing to warmachines to a game like this is madness - cost to many points that could go to more rank and file. Either drop the fireglaives for 3 mor bodies with hw/s or the deathshriker for 5 more with fireglaives. The extra rank and steadfast is important not having a BSB with you.

Second list:

I think it’s a very fine little list you’ve made there. I would however drop the dispel scroll and bring the ruby ring of ruin. Start with the ring every turn. Force enemy to use dispel dice, don’t fear loosing your smith to a miscast, then hurl another fireball. Loads 3+ wounds on those elves.

MadHatter:

Thanks for the battle reps MadHatter, I enjoy them. Great slaying all those knights, without them doing damage. Dragonprinces are way too expensive in 500 point games. Silverhelms would do an equally good job, but leave points for more guys.

Bloodbeard
Glad to hear you liked them, it's still very much a learning experience but it's easier than I thought to learn the basics. I'll forward the silverhelm information to him, he was beaten thrice by the WoC aswell, so he's in a crisis atm ;)
Some comments on the lists.

Illegal list:
Besides being illegal, there's simply not enough troops. Bringing to warmachines to a game like this is madness - cost to many points that could go to more rank and file. Either drop the fireglaives for 3 mor bodies with hw/s or the deathshriker for 5 more with fireglaives. The extra rank and steadfast is important not having a BSB with you.

Second list:
I think it's a very fine little list you've made there. I would however drop the dispel scroll and bring the ruby ring of ruin. Start with the ring every turn. Force enemy to use dispel dice, don't fear loosing your smith to a miscast, then hurl another fireball. Loads 3+ wounds on those elves.

Bloodbeard
I agree it was simply to much focus on artillery in the comet game. I thought IG was a robbery until I noticed they to have the extra ward against flaming attacks. Ruling out both the Lore of Fire and the Lore of Metal makes them very reliable with hw&s. Glad you liked the second list, it's what I'll be rolling with until we're ready for 1000p, painting IG is also good since core will increase! I'll definately try out the ruby ring instead of the scroll, there's no such thing as to much fire, is there? :cheers

Thanks for reading and for all the advice, it's helped alot! Sending a handful of the captured high elfs to your pit!

torn:

Another great report. Shame for the Helf guy that he is having such a hard time. I dont think bolt throwers would be much good for him either at small points because there are no ranks.

Do you find relying on magic and war machines to be a bit unreliable? A couple of bad rolls and you seem to kill your own army more than your enemy does!

And for warmachine choise, do you find the magma cannon to be much better than the rocket launcher? I have just gotten kits to build 3 of each and want to know which to start on first. The fact the rocket launchers misses will home in on enemy units seems like a big benefit if you have a pretty open battlefield.

Also - im just curious, who do you play against and where at? you seem to get a lot of fights in.

Bloodbeard:

One more thing - the raso I wrote last time - so pretty goos job forgetting while writing.

You cannot miss with the magma cannon.

In smaller games, shooting at single models, machines or small units place the tamplate 9" away.

Rolling only two on artillery dice while still let you hit singles or front rank. Rolling 10 while let you do the same. Eveyything else is just extra great for toastness.

MadHatter:

Another great report. Shame for the Helf guy that he is having such a hard time. I dont think bolt throwers would be much good for him either at small points because there are no ranks.

Do you find relying on magic and war machines to be a bit unreliable? A couple of bad rolls and you seem to kill your own army more than your enemy does!

And for warmachine choise, do you find the magma cannon to be much better than the rocket launcher? I have just gotten kits to build 3 of each and want to know which to start on first. The fact the rocket launchers misses will home in on enemy units seems like a big benefit if you have a pretty open battlefield.

Also - im just curious, who do you play against and where at? you seem to get a lot of fights in.

torn
:hat off

glad to hear your still reading! Yeah, he has a really bad match-up and still has some crazy idea that more units is better than taking command and items. We'll see what happens when we move up some points. It's very likely he fields a big block of phoenix guards next game however the s5 nullifies the armorsave and I predict the d3 multiple wounds will work around their wardsaves and cut through the hits like a K'daai chainsaw through butter.

The Infernal Engineer rule makes the warmachines very reliable imho, the fireballs are just the bonus. The magmacannon is a wreckingball in these small games, targeting characters with the deathshrieker is awesome even with the look out sir!, d6 str 8 wounds on the unit when carried over is fantastic (if we have played this right that is and please correct me if it's wrong). The homing of the Deathshrieker and the forward push of the Magmacannon's templare hack the whole "can't shoot at units in CC with you" rule. Also the rocket has min. range 12" but homing back works pretty well. The rocket ain't got nothing on the magmacannon though. At 1500 I'll have one of each and they will both have their own Daemonsmith when I play, always. As for the fireball I almost always go for the middle choice unless I'm in a sticky situation, I find it very reliable so far except for the occasional miscast and detonations. The choice pays up nicely!

There's no real organization here, me, my brother (HE) and my cousin (WoC) started playing and it turns out they knew other people who play. However they seem to be uninterested at playing below 1500p so they're waiting for us to reach the limit. Their group consists of VC, DE, Brets, Dwarfs, Ogres and Woodelfs so we'll actually be 9 players all in all and great variety on the armies! It seems when a critical mass of gamers are reached more and more attracts from their surroundings :)

MadHatter:

07/24-2014: vs. 500p, Warriors of Chaos - Tournament (Apotheosis!?)

Soon moving up to 1000 points we are ending the 500p era with a small tournament, WoC, HE and CD. This is the first of battle in the gamingroom we built here, fantastic to play with real terrain and stuff. Really brings you into the game.

Warriors of Chaos

3 Chaos Ogres, Mark of Khorne

-Great Weapons

-Musician, Standard

1 Wizard of Tzeentch

10 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Tzeentch

-Musician, Standard

-Sword and shield, Blasted Standard

Chaos Dwarf list

15 Infernal Guard

-Musician, Standard

Daemonsmith

-Enchanted shield

-Ruby ring of Ruin

Magmacannon

-Hellbound

I roll flamecage, WoC rolls Apotheosis… Later when counting for victory points the WoC player started laughing and had discovered that he has used High Magic and not the Lore of Tzeentch (The lores have very similar blue backsides). As he came clean I say we settle at the draw anyway and that this was probably the will of the Grand Schemer!

Chaos Dwarfs turn 1

I re-position the IG. The fireball fails to wound the Ogres, the flamecage does one wound. Magmacannon has no targets.

Warriors of Chaos turn 1

Warriors move up, the Khorne Ogres takes one more wound from the flamecage and the Wizard fails to cast Apotheosis.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 2

Fireball does 3 wounds on the Ogres, 1 down. Magmacannon still has no targets in sight.

Warriors of Chaos turn 2

Apotheosis goes of and heals the Ogre at 1 wound back to full health.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 3

The Daemonsmith repositions himself. Fireball with Irresistible Force kills one Warrior, the ring is broken. The Magmacannon fires at the Warriors, blasted standard brings it’s strength from 5 to 3, the one true wound is saved.

Warriors of Chaos turn 3

The Ogres fail their swift reform and moves up and closes in. The Tzeentch Sorcerer charges the Daemonsmith. The Warriors fails their charge through dangerous terrain, the forest kills one of them. He casts Apotheosis with Irresistible Force on the Warriors, giving them a + to their wardsave. Miscast does 1 str 6 hit, which is saved. The Sorcerer wounds, in return the Daemonsmith slays him outright.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 4

The Magmacannon pivots and the Daemonsmith turns towards the Ogres. The Infernal Guard counter-charges the Warriors. I utterly fail my roll to cast flamecage on the Ogres. The Magmacannon kills one Ogre and wounds the other one. Warriors kills two Infernal Guard, in turn one of them in slain.

Warriors of Chaos turn 4

The Khorne Ogre charges the Daemonsmith who fall to the sheer power of the lone Khorne Ogre’s 4 str 6 hits. Two Infernal Guard dies, the Warriors suffer no casualties.

Chaos Dwarf turn 5

Now it’s time to show these Hazkal-Tziin, these fiery young warriors of Tzeentch, what real Gorak-Zharr wrath is all about. 3 Warriors die, they break and run through the dangerous terrain where two of them stumble and die. Haha!

Warriors of Chaos turn 5

The 3 remaining Warriors fail to rally and start to approach the border. the Khorne Ogre flank-charges the Infernal Guard, two dies, they break and run but the Ogre fails to persue. Dangerous terrain kills two Infernal Guard and wounds the Ogre.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 6

The Infernal Guard rally behind the forest, the Magmacannon kills the Ogre.

Warriors of Chaos turn 6

The Warriors rally.

Chaos Dwarfs: 529

Warriors of Chaos: 333 (Yes, I needed 666 to win for a crushing victory)

DRAW!

VICTORY!

Thoughts… well, my hat off to Bloodbeard for persuading me into using the ruby ring instead of the dispel scroll. There’s simply nothing to dispel when everything is dead :cheers I’ll bother to look closer at the spells we roll next time and I will never, ever, trade any spell from the Lore of Fire for my empowered Fireball. All in all the battle was intense and amazing, there where so many points where it could have gone either way. I could perhaps have positioned myself better, it was a real easy work-around to sneak the Ogre’s around the house.

For his valour in this first ranked battle this yet-to-be-named Daemonsmith is dubbed Harul Ogriguz, meaning “Flame-master Ogre-eater”, forever remembering the fires he brought down upon those Chaos Ogres of Khorne through the armylists to come.

EDIT: Fixed the miscalculated victory-points, this was indeed a Dawi’Zharr victory which earns me 2 points.

torn:

nice table. much more suiting than what you previously had.