[Archive] Gorak-Zharr Clan: The hardships and struggles (17-2-18)

Bloodbeard:

Thanks for the report MadHatter. Nice to fight on a proper board, now you just need to paint your stuff.

A couple of things:

How did you manage to put you magma cannon on the board in a way that i couldn’t fire at anything? That is beyond me.

Secondly I’m glad to inform you of your victory.

Victory Conditions, Victory Points.

Change �?o[…]at least twice as many victory points as your

opponent - any[…]�?� to �?o[…]at least 100 victory points more

than your opponent �?" if you score at least twice as many victory

points as your opponent, then you have achieved a crushing

victory! Any

Warhammer Erratta
At lot easier to get a victory now.

MadHatter:

nice table. much more suiting than what you previously had.

torn
Thank you very much, glad you liked it :)

MadHatter:

Thanks for the report MadHatter. Nice to fight on a proper board, now you just need to paint your stuff.

Bloodbeard
Yes, I personally hate unpainted stuff fielded and will try to have everything painted when we start at 1000p :)
A couple of things:

How did you manage to put you magma cannon on the board in a way that i couldn't fire at anything? That is beyond me.

Bloodbeard
Real bad placement from me and good deployment by my opponent. We had however rolled alot of terrain into our scenario so there where alot of stuff in the way everywhere!

Secondly I'm glad to inform you of your victory.

Victory Conditions, Victory Points.
Change �?o[...]at least twice as many victory points as your
opponent - any[...]�?� to �?o[...]at least 100 victory points more
than your opponent �?" if you score at least twice as many victory
points as your opponent, then you have achieved a crushing
victory! Any

Warhammer Erratta
At lot easier to get a victory now.

Bloodbeard
Thank you very much for this, indeed it's alot easier to win now :) I showed him the rules and we agree that this battle belong to the Dawi'Zharr. Sending some slaves your way ASAP!

MadHatter:

07/25-2014: vs. 500p, High Elves - Tournament

High Elf list
Wizard, lvl 2, High Magic
-Dispel scroll.

5 Silverhelms

12 Phoenix Guard
-Musician
-Standard-bearer

1 Great Eagle

Chaos Dwarf list
Harul Ogriguz the Daemonsmith, lvl 1, Lore of Fire
-Ruby Ring of Ruin
-Enchanted Shield

15 Infernal Guard
-Musician
-Standard-bearer

Magmacannon
-Hellbound

I’m lucky with the terrain rolls and there’s not much in the way of my shooting and magic.

Setup

High Elfs turn 1
The Elves advance, rolls snake-eyes on the winds of magic, still gets Soul-Quench off and the Magma Cannon takes 2 wounds.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 1
The Ruby Ring of Ruin shimmers as a gnarled finger points it towards the Silverhelms, 3 of the elfs perish in the flames of the Fireball. The Daemonsmith tries to aim a second one on the Great Eagle but it’s dispelled by the pesky Elf Wizard. The Magma Cannon roars and the Phoenix Guard are splattered in boiling magma, 10 perish.

High Elfs turn 2
The High Elf Wizard leaves the company of the sole surviving Phoenix Guard and casts Soul-Quench on the Infernal Guard with Irresistible Force, 5 dwarfs fall lifeless to the ground and the Wizard survives his miscast. The Great Eagle charges the Daemonsmith but fails to inflict any damage, likewise the Silverhelms now enraged by the demise of their brothers in arms spur their horses, lowers their lances and crashes into the Daemonsmith. He doesn’t move an inch and just laughes gleefully as the lances break on his blackshard armour.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 2
The Infernal Guard makes a disciplined swift reform and charges right into the feathered back of the Great Eagle. The Wizard dispels the Daemonsmiths fireball. Neither Eagle nor Knight can penetrate the runed armour of Harul Ogriguz and with tusked mouth frothing with laughter the Daemonsmith feels the Bull-God’s favor and slays both Knights and their horses with two mighty blows of his ensorcelled hammer. SPLAT!

High Elfs turn 3
The lone Phoenix Guard and the High Elf Wizard now charges the Daemonsmith. The Phoenix Guard filled with hatred is able to match the frothing Sorcerer in combat and wounds him. Chocked he lowers his guard and the Great Eagle sinks it’s razor-sharp claws into his neck. The disciplined Infernal Guard holds and does two wounds to the Eagle, which breaks. The Wizard feeling the battle is lost breaks aswell and runs from the battlefield.

Chaos Dwarfs turn 3
The Infernal Guard charges the Phoenix Guard but fail to wound him.

High Elfs turn 4
The Great Eagle flies of the board, the last Phoenix Guard is slain.

VICTORY!

Thoughts… terrain rolls where on my side and my one and only shot with the Magma Cannon was devastating and Enchanted Shield on the Daemonsmith is fantastic. I forgot the +1 str for his Ensorcelled Weapon and still he manages so well in CC. I have a big advantage over the other players to have access to this great community and all the great advice and appretiation. I feel a bit bad for the High Elf player and have pointed him towards the Ulthuan community and recommended the use of White Lions however I think he has really tough match-ups at this pointlevel. Also he forgot the +1 wardsave the unit had from the High Magic lore attribute but remembered after the game when packing down his magic cards, I believe that might have made a big difference aswell.

Anyhow… I won the campaign!

Chaos Dwarfs: 4 points
Warriors of Chaos: 2 points
High Elves: 0 points

All for Hashut! :hashut

MadHatter:

No reports today, lost 2 games to the high elves though. In BOTH games he went first, managed to snipe my Daemonsmith with Khaine’s Ring of Fury (1’s on look out sir!) and the cannon then misfires on my turn.

He exchanged his mage for a noble with great weapon and maxed out on magic items. So maxed noble, phoenix guard, 5 silverhelms as core and a great eagle.

The IG held tight anyhow and impressed even though the odds where against them. I was tabled in the first game and in the second the IG musician and standard survived and ran from the Phoenix Guard twice and got away and reformed :slight_smile: in game one the magma cannon crew impressed and slew the eagle.

Admiral:

You won against a Great Eagle! :o

Well done! My brother once charged my Hellcannon with five eagles and ground it down to smithereens. Those birdies are one of the nastiest units out there in Warhammer, though the Dwarf Gyrocopter might come to rival them with cheap price, accessability and weaponry.

I also note your brother uses a Warhawk as Great Eagle, as does my brother. He calls it “�-rnie!” :hashut

MadHatter:

You won against a Great Eagle! :o

Admiral
That's just how we Gorak-Zharr roll (dice) ;)
Well done! My brother once charged my Hellcannon with five eagles and ground it down to smithereens. Those birdies are one of the nastiest units out there in Warhammer, though the Dwarf Gyrocopter might come to rival them with cheap price, accessability and weaponry.

I also note your brother uses a Warhawk as Great Eagle, as does my brother. He calls it "�-rnie!" :hashut

Admiral
I had quite some success with targeting the eagle with the ruby ring aswell, 5 seems like a bit of a problem though... I kind of like the fighty lists, more fun to play than gunline, so we'll see what happens. First is the inclusion of the orcs but I might go with Destroyer, Iron Daemon and not so much cannons in the future...

Hhaha �-rnie, awesome :)

Bloodbeard:

Great report MadHatter. That ring is great. Taking out 10 of the phoenix guard (must be a low temperature chicken) with fire is pretty freaking lucky.

I think they are the better choice over whitr lions. 4+ wardsave and halberds that still let them strike first and re-roll.

The eagle is great. The perfect redirecter. Being a monster it can fly and turn in any direction it wants. And angling the base, often in a 45° angle, not straight, is such an annoyance. You have to charge to get anywhere and the eagles just flees leaving you running in a stupid direction.

I think your friend might consider bringing regular spear elves over phoenix guards. Just to get the numbers. Perhaps drop the knights, they are expensive and don’t have support in small games.

Two bolt throwers will be able to take out a magma cannon pretty fast.

All games are really: him rushing forward, you shooting him up, him hoping to get in.

Not evrybody likes spending time on forums - and they can seem rather intimedating. Yet I’ve really learned and continue to learn a lot through CDO. Both as a hobbyist, with regards to writing and being a gamer.

MadHatter:

Since last time I have lost 2 battles at a 1500 point level, both against High Elves and Ogres. Bad deployment, bad rolls and good opponents.

2 vs 2, 1500p, Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves VS. Ogres and Warriors of Chaos

We roll teams and I end up with the High Elves (The Mad Prophet has some strange favors to call in). We face Ogres and Warriors of Chaos. I only have my own complete lists and will have to do this report without notes, some minor events might be missed out since I base this on the pictures I took at the end of the Chaos Dwarf turns. Not counting deployment, terrain etc. the battle lasted for almost 8 hours.

Sorcerer-Prophet

lvl 3, Lore of Hashut

-Enchanted shield

-Talisman of Preservation

-Arabyan Carpet

Daemonsmith

lvl 2, Fire

-Ruby Ring of Rhuin

-Dispel scroll

10 x Fireglaives

-Musician

-Standard

-Gleaming Pennant

10 x Fireglaives

-Musician

-Standard

-Lichebone Pennant

Magmacannon

Deathshrieker

K’daai Destroyer

I roll Flames of Azgorh, Ashstorm and Curse of Hashut with the Prophet. The Daemonsmith rolls Fireball and Burning Head.

The High Elves only have a lvl 1 mage on top of a Sun Dragon, no dispel scroll. The Ogres has a lvl 4 Slaughtermaster, Warriors of Chaos has a Daemonprince of Nurgle with 2 wizard levels aswell as a lvl 2 Slaanesh on steed.

I deploy the K’daai to charge the Ogre artillery, consisting of Leadbelchers and an Ironblaster. I put alot of thought into deploying the warmachines this game, the prophet hides behind the house, with fly he’ll be able to get wherever he is needed.

The other team gets first turn.

Ogres and Warriors of Chaos turn 1

The Ironblaster puts 2 wounds on the Destroyer. A Chariot of Khorne and the Nurgle Daemonprince dominate our right flank, he gets off some Nurgle spells eating through the Swordmaster again and again.

Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves turn 1

I pass the frenzy leadership test and decide on using a couple of turns to reposition the Destroyer away from Ironblaster fire instead of charging head on. I swift-reform my Fireglaives to shoot at the Daemonprince and Chariot. They are such a  threat to the big swordmaster unit that soon has to stand against the Skullcrushers so I fly the prophet to the castle high-ground aswell and try to get of Ashstorm which is dispelled with the dispel scroll. I try Curse of Hashut however I roll insufficient power. The Deathshrieker puts 4 wounds on the Ironblaster and the Magmacannon kills 3 Skullcrushers.

Ogres and Warriors of Chaos turn 2

The warhounds charge my Deathshrieker, the remaining Skullcrushers charge the Swordmasters who carry the razor standard, the Prince accepts the challenge and slays the champion, the rest of the Skullcrushers are slain aswell. The Khorne Chariot charge my Fireglaives and takes 2 wounds from stand and shoot, the Daemonprince charges the Swordmasters rear. Ogre greatweapons charge the swordmasters however only the champion survives and he runs. In the High Elf turn the Daemonprince challenges the Prince who declines, the Prince heals himself up with Soul Feeder and Nurgle Lore Attribute. The Ogre Hunter shoots heavily at the Sorcerer-Prophet who wards off the blow. The High Elves lion chariot makes short work of the leadbelchers.

Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves turn 2

I move the Destroyer to charge the Daemonprince next round and fly the Prophet to the side of the house where he’s got a good view of another Ogre core-unit. He gets off Ashstorm on them. The Daemonsmith tries to fireball the Warriors of Chaos who are closing up on the Seaguard twice however blasted standard brings down their strength and the lodestone + Mark of Tzeentch ward off all hits save one. The Magmacannon does 24 wound to the Ogre unit that was made flammable and it’s removed from the table. Neither the Khorne Chariot nor the Fireglaives manage to do any wounds to the other.

Ogres and Warriors of Chaos turn 3

The Swordmasters and Prince run from the Daemonprince who pursues and slays them all. The Dragon is still locked in combat with the Ogre’s Giant. The Warriors of Chaos break and pursue the Seaguard unit. Enemy spells are dispelled. The Ironblaster misfires and looses this and the next turn of shooting. The Daemonprince flies behind my gunline but fails to get of any spells.

Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves turn 3

The Fireglaives destroy the Khorne Chariot, the K’daai turns to face the Warriors of Chaos, the other Fireglaive unit swift-reforms to shoot the Chaos Warriors, The Daemonsmith charges the Warhounds, the Sorcerer-Prophet flies down from the castle to the castle-grounds to get a good view of the Daemonprince while getting out of view from the hunter. At this point we definately have the upper hand however I fail Curse of Hashut on the Daemonprince and the Magmacannon fails to wound the lvl 4 Slaughtermaster. The Daemonsmith kills a Warhound.

Ogres and Warriors of Chaos turn 4

The Ogres move up their Slaughtermaster to get LoS for spells, the Warriors of Chaos make some strange movement where the Exalted Hero leaves the unit and they march around the K’daai front-arc. I don’t think this is legal but I wanted them out of the way so there is no discussion about it. The High Elves mage on top of the Sundragon is slain by an arrow from the hunter and it gets frenzy and hatred. The lone Ogre champion charges the Daemonsmith who is slain.

Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves turn 4

The Sundragon moves up and releases it’s breath on the Warriors, killing 2 of them. The Destroyer charges the Slaughtermaster and does 2 wounds to it but recieves none in return. The Magmacannon fails to wound the Ironblaster (which only has one wound left). The Sorcerer-Prophet flies to fight the Daemonprince, none can stand against the powers of the Father of Darkness and the Curse of Hashut kills the Daemonprince.

The Nurgle Daemonprince takes one glance at his new foe and takes flight and the copper engine roars and turns red like the Bulls of Zharr when it’s shifted to it’s highest gear as the Gorak-Zharr Sorcerer chases after his prey. The cross-eyed face of the Mad Prophet cracks up in a horrible tusked laughter. The mere thought of serving as a conduit for the powers of the Father of Darkness sends him into a giggling religious frenzy and the Demented One points his short wand towards his foe and playfully shouts: “Hashut Uzguldammar!” with his rasping voice. The Nurgle Daemonprince, lifeless like a festering ragdoll, crash to the ground below in a long arc accompanied by a dark hysterical laughter.

Ogres and Warriors of Chaos turn 5

The Ironblaster shoot in front of the K’daai overshoots but the shot bounces killing the Sorcerer-Prophet and putting 1 wound on the Exalted Hero. Atleast it missed the Sundragon. Things where actually looking very bright before that shot. The Ogre charges the Magmacannon, the Warriors move towards the Magmacannon aswell, the Exalted Hero marches away from the Sundragon. The Slaughtermaster gets some minor buffs off and regains it’s wounds through Lore Attribute.

Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves turn 5

The Destroyer slays the Slaughtermaster.

Ogres and Warriors of Chaos turn 6

The Ironblaster shoots and kills both the Destroyer and the Sundragon, the Magmacannon is destroyed by the Ogre and Chaos Warriors.

Defeat!

What a great game, it swung back and forth and when counting the damage output done by the great Gorak-Zharr clan we can note that everything outperformed and grabbed alot more than their point-values except the Fireglaives who where only fielded so I would have core enough. I managed to hold back the magic alone. I will drop Ruby Ring and Dispel Scroll on the Daemonsmith for the Chalice of Blood and Darkness and try and replace the Fireglaives with a big sword and board unit with some fancy standard. We should have focused fire on the Warhounds (entirely my fault) so the Deathshrieker would have gotten more demolition shots at the Slaughtermaster and Ironblaster and the game would have been ours. The High Elves should have dropped the dragon in favor of magic however he really wanted to try out the dragon and it did kill the giant after all.

Bloodbeard:

The Sorcerer-Prophet flies to fight the Daemonprince, none can stand against the powers of the Father of Darkness and the Curse of Hashut kills the Daemonprince.

The Nurgle Daemonprince takes one glance at his new foe and takes flight and the copper engine roars and turns red like the Bulls of Zharr when it's shifted to it's highest gear as the Gorak-Zharr Sorcerer chases after his prey. The cross-eyed face of the Mad Prophet cracks up in a horrible tusked laughter. The mere thought of serving as a conduit for the powers of the Father of Darkness sends him into a giggling religious frenzy and the Demented One points his short wand towards his foe and playfully shouts: "Hashut Uzguldammar!" with his rasping voice. The Nurgle Daemonprince, lifeless like a festering ragdoll, crash to the ground below in a long arc accompanied by a dark hysterical laughter.

Mad Hatter
This part is worth some slaves I think.

Good report, though a bit hard to follow. It's a bit more work, but for large reports like this, please make headlines for different player turns and perhaps even small phase summaries like magic, shooting and so on.

Be advised, only a single unit of Infernal Guard are allowed to take a magic banner.

MadHatter:

This part is worth some slaves I think.

Good report, though a bit hard to follow. It's a bit more work, but for large reports like this, please make headlines for different player turns and perhaps even small phase  summaries like magic, shooting and so on.

Be advised, only a single unit of Infernal Guard are allowed to take a magic banner.

Bloodbeard
Thank you very much :cheers

Great feedback! Fixed some headers and moved some text around, didn't know about the banner, will keep this in mind in the future! What do you think about the K'daai move? Should I have attacked head's on or was it correct to move it away from the artillery?

Bloodbeard:

Tactically I have three comments:

1. Place your destroyer last always. A. Try to hide from warmachines. B. Place in front prefered target. In this battle some warriors. That thunderstump will add much needed wounds for combat results.

2. Ash storm is you game winner against ogres, juggernaughts and demonprince. You shut the units down, stopping magic, flying, fighting usw.

Use the fireballs and magma cannons to bring those big flammable units down. A unit at a time.

If you throw your destroyer at monstrous cav or inf, make sure they are ash stormed. He is harder to hit and the double wounds make up for missing thuneer stomp.

3. Small fireglaive units doesn’t bring enough in games like this. Shooting is overrated. Better to go one unit of 30 sword n board, razor banner and castellan for stubborn.

And yet another. Black Hammer of Hashut! If your 3 attack castellan score three wounds on a unit of flammable ogres - three models die! Effectively scoring 9 wounds. That’s nice.

MadHatter:

Tactically I have three comments:

1. Place your destroyer last always. A. Try to hide from warmachines. B. Place in front prefered target. In this battle some warriors. That thunderstump will add much needed wounds for combat results.

2. Ash storm is you game winner against ogres, juggernaughts and demonprince. You shut the units down, stopping magic, flying, fighting usw.

Use the fireballs and magma cannons to bring those big flammable units down. A unit at a time.

If you throw your destroyer at monstrous cav or inf, make sure they are ash stormed. He is harder to hit and the double wounds make up for missing thuneer stomp.

3. Small fireglaive units doesn't bring enough in games like this. Shooting is overrated. Better to go one unit of 30 sword n board, razor banner and castellan for stubborn.

And yet another. Black Hammer of Hashut! If your 3 attack castellan score three wounds on a unit of flammable ogres - three models die! Effectively scoring 9 wounds. That's nice.

Bloodbeard
Wonderful advice, slaves coming your way!

One loss and one win to ogres since last update.

I won today!

K'daai deployment had a huge impact, Ashstorm on core ogres and magmacannon wiped it from the table, gnoblars ran, 22 models down turn 1. Chalice shut down the ogre magic phases then Ashstorm and Magmacannon again did 6 wounds in one shot to the Tyrant and my opponent forfeited the game.

Ran 25, sword and board, razor standard. A far supirior option to the fireglaives imho...

MadHatter:

08/17-2014, 1500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. High Elves

Chaos Dwarf list
Sorcerer-Prophet, lvl 3, Lore of Hashut (Ashstorm, Hellhammer, Dark Subjugation)
-Arabyan Carpet, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation

***Darkforged weapon rolls a 3, giving the Sorcerer-Prophet the Eternal Hatred rule (Rerolls every round of cc, not just the first; Dark Elf rulebook page 34)

Daemonsmith, lvl 2, Lore of Fire
-Chalice of Blood and Darkness

25 Infernal Guard, Full cmd, Razor Banner

Magmacannon
Deathshrieker

K’daai Destroyer

High Elf list
Archmage, lvl 4, Lore of Life, General

Noble on Griffin

25(ish?) Phoenixguards, banner of the worlddragon
5 Swordmasters
5 Swordmasters

20 Archers
10 Archers
5 Silverhelms

Chaos Dwarf Turn 1
I get turn one, K’daai moves up to a threatening distance. Infernal Guard moves up. The Sorcerer-Prophet soars into a good spellcasting-position. I get Ashstorm of on the Phoenixguard (Chalice of Blood and Darkness ate up the High Elf dispel dice), I get off Dark Subjugation on the Archmage, permanently reducing his leadership by 1. Magmacannon and Deathshrieker blasts away at the flammable Phoenixguard magebunker, killing about 7.

The mind of the Archmage is clouded by a heavy darkness. With his minds eye he sees Ulthuan invaded by greenskins branded with Chaos Runes. A frothing Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer with rolling eyes directs the attack of this slavehorde of darkness, soaring around shouting orders like a stray rocket from beneath the rotor-blades of an infernal flying-machine of shining red copper. The Elf General sees the mountain wall crumble and fall and green feet trample down the meadows and the forest of Avelorn burns with black smoke. The Dark Clouds of a Storm of Chaos, it’s center the shape of a great black bull’s head rolls in closely behind the frontlines of the invading horde, striking the ground with red lighting it slowly approaches the vortex which bars the Daemonic Legions of Chaos from entering the Old World. Black winds from the storm tear the leaves from the still standing trees. What’s that waving like a dirty torn rag in this Daemonic wind? He focuses his keen eyes at a Black Orc Standard and there is no mistaking it, bearing the smoldering Gorak-Zharr rune burnt onto the leather, his own flayed skin. The Archmage’s mind breaks at the realisation that this world is lost.

High Elf Turn 1
The Phoenixguard moves up slowly, unable to march or charge because of the Ashstorm. Silverhelms, within the Archmages “inspiring” presence fail their leadership and can’t march within 8" of the Destroyer. Ashstorm is dispelled and 4 Phoenixguard rise from the dead. The Swordmasters advance. The archers fail to wound anything.

Chaos Dwarf Turn 2
The Destroyer moves towards the Phoenixguard. The Sorcerer-Prophet flies behind the Phoenixguard to stay safe and potentially catch them if they run. Ashstorm is dispelled. Magmacannon and Deathshrieker fires away at the Phoenixguard, killing 4 more.

High Elf Turn 2
The Great Eagle charges the Magmacannon. The Silverhelms move towards the cannons. The Noble on Griffin charges the Infernal Guard. The Archmage, fearing the charge of the Gorak-Zharr Destroyer, leaves the Phoenixguard unit and hides behind terrain. He gives them 2+ in toughness. The Archers fire at the Daemonsmith, he fails the 4+ Look out Sir! and 2 wounds get through his armor, he dies and the Chalice is lost. I put 1 wound on the Noble on Griffin, he slays 3 Infernal Guard.

Chaos Dwarf Turn 3
The Sorcerer-Prophet charges the Archmage, the Destroyer charges the Phoenixguard (I forgot the terror-test). I dispel the +2 Toughness on the Phoenixguard. The Phoenixguard fail to wound the Destroyer, 4 of them fall but they hold. The Sorcerer-Prophet puts 2 wounds on the Archmage, the Archmage, his mind infested by the Tyrannical Darkness of Hashut, flees through both the Swordmaster-units, one of them break aswell and both Archmage and Swordmasters are run down by the Mad Prophet. Deathshrieker scatters but searches it’s way back, however failing to wound the Silverhelms.

High Elf Turn 3
Swordmasters charge the Sorcerer-Prophet but fail to wound him, he kills one of them. The Phoenixguard break and are run down by the Destroyer. The Infernal Guard kills the Noble.

Chaos Dwarf Turn 4
Destroyer charges the Archers. Sorcerer-Prophet casts Ashstorm on the Swordmasters he’s facing, giving them a -1 to hit him. Magmacannon-crew defeats the Great Eagle. The Infernal Guard kills the Griffin. Destroyer kills the Archers. The Sorcerer-Prophet kills another Swordmaster, they break and are run down. High Elf player concedes the game.

Crushing Victory!

Some thoughts… Well, Ashstorm is a necessity but Dark Subjugation is now my favourite spell! It really represents the enslaving aspects of the Dawi’Zharr and the Tamurkhan really grew in size in my eyes. Great spell if used right since Inspiring presence is forced on units within 12" and permanently reducing the enemy generals leadership by 1 is fantastic together with so much terror and panic-test forcing stuff. With a good roll on the Winds of Magic the plan was to use Dark Subjugation again for a -2 and then Hellhammer a unit into the forced panic test.

Bloodbeard is a great teacher, thanks again for all the advice my friend :hat off

Bloodbeard:

Brilliant! I have never thought about reading the “inspiring presence” rule, always assuming it optional to use generals leadership. My Dark Subjugation counter is gonna see a lot of battlefield use now.

Good battle MadHatter, good report. You sure gamble a lot with your prophet - glad he came out on top.

When you write “phoenix guard came back to life” you mean wardsave right?

Shooting was on you side. I would properly have held back with the infernal guard to protect the warmachines from eagles and griffins.

Anyways - your list was about as nasty as they can get in 1500 points.

Your opponent should not bring two small units of swordmasters - it’s the same as giving away victory points. They will never hold. Forcing panic tests after two kills, allowing easy overrun moves, no good.

Much better then to bring vanguarding Reavers or scouting Shadow Warriors. That could have re-directed your destroyer for a couple of rounds, annoyed you prophet early and charge warmachines.

Admiral:

Well done on the triumph. Your K’daai Destroyer sure looks intimidating on tabletop. :slight_smile:

MadHatter:

Brilliant! I have never thought about reading the "inspiring presence" rule, always assuming it optional to use generals leadership. My Dark Subjugation counter is gonna see a lot of battlefield use now.

Good battle MadHatter, good report. You sure gamble a lot with your prophet - glad he came out on top.

When you write "phoenix guard came back to life" you mean wardsave right?

Shooting was on you side. I would properly have held back with the infernal guard to protect the warmachines from eagles and griffins.

Anyways - your list was about as nasty as they can get in 1500 points.

Your opponent should not bring two small units of swordmasters - it's the same as giving away victory points. They will never hold. Forcing panic tests after two kills, allowing easy overrun moves, no good.

Much better then to bring vanguarding Reavers or scouting Shadow Warriors. That could have re-directed your destroyer for a couple of rounds, annoyed you prophet early and charge warmachines.

Bloodbeard
We found the Dark Subj. at General thing by chance when checking range on inspiring presence some time ago, it's evil evil stuff :hashut

I really love the Sorc-Prop, with Lore of Hashut this guy was made for the carpet!

I missed a couple of things and updated the report, it should be Lore of Life on the Archmage, not lore of light. He raised them back to life with regrowth! Also in the second round of combat with the Swordmasters I got of Ashstorm on them which gave them -1 to hit, t'was a gamble but that Prophet is mad and it's been very rewarding to play him aggressively, those battles when I haven't lost him to miscasts!

I'll thank you for all the High Elf advice on his behalf, sending you some slaves in his name, I know he's reading this thread and highly appretiates your input, really changed his game :)

EDIT: Rolling Eternal Hatred on the Sorcerer-Prophets Darkforged Weapon also played a part in the aggressive playstyle :cheers

MadHatter:

Well done on the triumph. Your K'daai Destroyer sure looks intimidating on tabletop. :)

Admiral
Thanks my friend, it was good to break the loosing streak against the High Elfs. Perhaps I'll order a tshirt saying "Burn Ulthuan Burn" ;)

I got to get the stuff painted, perhaps adding some more details on it. Been very inspired by the high level of detail on your hellcannon project, perhaps the Destroyer needs more runes? :) atm. I'm focusing on the Golden Hat entry...

Admiral:

Adding a few more runes to the Destroyer could be a good thing. He looks like he’s got some space to spare. :wink:

MadHatter:

Adding a few more runes to the Destroyer could be a good thing. He looks like he's got some space to spare. ;)

Admiral
Yepp, I believe there might be some area somewhere... :cheers

I was going to make a big report on Chaos Dwarfs + Chaos Warriors vs. Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms but the phone's battery died. I can report however that it was a Chaos Victory!

Highlights where Ashstorm + Burning Wrath doing 14 wounds to an Ironblaster and Skullcrushers running through Irondrakes like they where not even there.