[Archive] Gorak-Zharr Clan: The hardships and struggles (17-2-18)

MadHatter:

08/27-2014, 2 vs 2, 1500p, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms VS. High Elves and Warriors of Chaos

The Great Battle of Currentway

Chaos Dwarfs + Ogre Kingdoms = Suspicious Allies.

VS.

High Elves + Warriors of Chaos = Desperate Allies.

Armylists

Warriors of Chaos, 1500p

Scyla Anfingrimm

General

Chaos Sorcerer-Lord

Level 4, Lore of Death

Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Steed (Barding)

Filth Mace, Scaly skin, Dragonbane Gem, Enchanted shield

Exalted Hero

Mark of Nurgle

Obsidian lodestone

17 Chaos Warriors

Mark of Nurgle, Halbard, Shield

Champion, Standard-bearer, Musician

Banner of Swiftness

Chimera

Breath-weapon, Regeneration

Hellcannon

High Elves 1500p

Prince

Dragon Armor, Elven Steed with Ithilmar Barding

Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Giant Blade

Mage

Level 1, High Magic

Dispel Scroll

Mage

Level 1, High Magic

Fury Ring

Mage

Level 1, High Magic

Ironcurse Icon

5 Silverhelms

Standard-bearer

5 Silverhelms

Standard-bearer

5 Silverhelms

Standard-bearer

21 Swordmasters

Champion, Standard-bearer, Musician.

Banner of the World Dragon

13 Sisters of Avelorn

Ogre Kingdoms 1500p

Slaughtermaster

Level 4, Lore of the Great Maw

Armor of Destiny, Hellheart

Firebelly

Level 2, Lore of Fire

Gamblers Armor, Dispel Scroll

9 Ogre Bullies

Iron Fists

4 Ironguts

Razor banner

10 Gnoblars

Trappers

Sabretusk

Sabretusk

Sabretusk

Stonehorn

Chaos Dwarfs 1500p

Sorcerer-Prophet

Level 3, Lore of Hashut

Arabyan Carpet, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation.

Hobgoblin Khan

Giant Wolf, Spear, Light Armor

Hobgoblin Khan

Giant Wolf, Spear, Light Armor

25 Infernal Guard

Deathmask, Standard-bearer, Musician

Razor Banner

Magma Cannon

3 Bullcentaurs

Ba’hal, Standard-bearer.

Great Weapons

K’daai Destroyer

Spells

The Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord roll Purple Sun, Fate of Bjuna, Soulblight and Caress of Laniph.

The Slaughtermaster roll Bonecrusher, Bullgorger, Toothcracker and Trollguts.

The Firebelly roll Fireball and Piercing Bolts of Burning.

All the 3 High Elf level 1 Wizards take the High Magic signature Soul Quench.

The Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer-Prophet takes Breath of Hatred, rolls Curse of Hashut and Flames of Azgorh. His Darkforged Weapon gives him +1 at dispelling attempts.

High Elves Turn 1

Silverhelms and Prince advances and the 3 Mages bunkers up with the Sisters of Avelorn.

All 3 Mages tries to cast Soul Quench on the Ogre Bullies, the first 2 are dispelled by the Slaughtermaster and the last one goes through doing 2 wounds.

The Sisters of Avelorn do 1 wound to the Ogre Bullies, killing 1.

Chaos Dwarf Turn 1

The Destroyer marches into position to charge next turn, the Bull Centaurs move up the right flank. Sorcerer-Prophet gets into position to attempt a murder of the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord in the Magic Phase.

Tier 2 Flames of Azgorh would have hit the Sorcerer-Lord, Chimera and Scyla, I roll 6 dices and still fail by a longshot. The Curse of Hashut targeting the Sorcerer-Lord is dispelled.

The Magmacannon kills 4 Silverhelms however the last one alive passes his Panic Test, somewhat helped by the Prince’s Inspiring Presence.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1

The Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord charges the K’daai Destroyer. The Chimera charge both a Khan and the Sorcerer-Prophet.

The Sorcerer-Lord fail to cast Purple Sun then casts Soulblight on the Sorcerer-Prophet.

The Hellcannon targets the center of the Infernal Guard unit, it scatters 4" and misses.

The Chimera kills the Khan and does 1 wound to the Sorcerer-Prophet.

The Destroyer and Sorcerer-Lord fail to wound each other, the Destroyer takes 1 wound on Unstable from loosing combat by 1 because of the charge.

Ogre Kingdoms Turn 1

The Ironguts and Firebelly charge the Chimera. A Sabretooth runs through the forest, it’s a Bloodforest.

The Slaughtermaster casts Bonecrusher at the Swordmasters doing 3 Strength 2 hits, the Banner of the World Dragon wards off all 3 of them. He then gives the Destroyer +1 Strength with Bullgorger. The High Elves dispel Toothcracker (+1 Toughness) and fails to cast Trollguts (Regeneration).

The Firebelly cancels regeneration and the Ironguts have Great Weapon and Razor Standard, the Chimera fails to wound them and in return the beast is slain. The Prophet is saved!

High Elves Turn 2

The Prince flank-charges the Destroyer.

One of the Mages casts Soulquence with Irresistible Force, it does 4 wounds and kills another Ogre Bully. The Miscast does 10 Strength 10 hits to the Sisters of Avelorn underneath the template killing 8 of them while 2 of the Mages take 1 wound each, the High Magic lore attribute gives them a 6+ Wardsave and one wound is saved. The unit pass their Panic Test.

The Destroyer takes 1 wounds and does 1 in return. Looses on combat resolution and takes another wound.

Chaos Dwarfs Turn 2

The Bull Centaurs charges the Silverhelms at the right flank, the Infernal Guard charges the lone Silverhelm who is blocking their way towards the Hellcannon, the last Khan moves up to flank-harass the Chaos Warriors in the coming turn.

Curse of Hashut fails to wound Scyla, Breath of Hatred targeting the Destroyer is dispelled with Irresistible Force. The Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord rolls snake-eyes on the miscast table, the Destroyer wards it’s Strength 10 hit but the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord takes 1 wound. He rolls 4+ and remains in the game.

The Magmacannon kills 5 Chaos Warriors, they pass their Panic Test.

The Prince kills the Destroyer, the Bull Centaurs break the Silverhelms, pursue and overrun into Scyla Anfingrimm. The Infernal Guard kills the lone Silverhelm.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2

The Sorcerer-Lord pass a Leadership-test and marches around a Sabertusk. The Chaos Warriors move behind terrain, out of the Magmacannons line of sight.

The Sorcerer-Lord unleashes his whole arsenal of Death-magic, everything targeting the Ironguts. Soulblight is dispelled, Fate of Bjuna fails, Caress of Laniph dispelled. The Slaughtermaster then uses his dispel scroll to save us from a Purple Sun.

The Hellcannon gets a hit right in the middle of my Infernal Guard block, 12 die, they fail their panic-test and runs.

Scyla fail to wound the Bull Centaurs, he recieves 1 wound from the Ba’hal.

Ogre Kingdoms Turn 2

The mighty Stonehorn fails it’s charge, a Sabertusk charges the left-flank Silverhelms who acts as a meatshield in front of the Sisters of Avelorn mage-bunker, the Ironguts and Firebelly charges the Swordmasters. The Slaughtermaster repositions. One Sabertusk positions himself right in front of the Chaos Warriors.

The Slaughtermaster gives the Ironguts +1 Toughness.

Neither Sabretusk or Silverhelm manages to wound the other. The Impact-hits from the Ogre Charge kills 2 Swordmasters, the Swordmasters do 10 wounds killing 3 Ironguts, the Firebelly unleashes his breath-weapon killing 6 more, they then kill 5 with their Great Weapons. The Swordmasters break, the Ironguts run them down.

High Elf Turn 3

The Prince charges a Sabertusk

One of the Mages casts a Tier 2 Soulquench, killing 2 Ogre Bullies.

Sisters of Avelorn kills 1 Ogre Bully.

The left-flank Silverhelms kill a Sabertusk, the Prince kills another one.

Chaos Dwarfs Turn 3

The Infernal Guard rallies. The Sorcerer-Prophet repositions away from the Sorcerer-Lords front-arc. The last Khan positions himself 6" away from the Chaos Warriors right flank.

I target everything at the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord. The Flames of Azgorh fail and the Curse of Hashut is dispelled.

The Magmacannon tries to target the Hellcannon but I roll low and by an inch the Flame-template fails to reach it. The Khan fails to hit the Chaos Warriors with a throwing knife.

Scyla does 2 wounds to the Bull Centaurs, in return they slay the beast and reform facing the flank of the High Elves Deathstar.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 3

The Exalted Hero charges out of the Chaos Warrior unit into combat with the Sabertusks. Both the Sorcerer-Lord and Chaos Warriors repositions.

The Fate of Bjuna targets the Sorcerer-Prophet, the Slaughtermaster dispel it. Purple Sun goes of on the Stonehorn, it fails it’s initiative and is removed from the game.

The Hellcannon shoots at the Infernal Guard but misfires. It rolls a 1. With a thunderous explosion that lights up the sky the Daemon breaks free and everything within 16" takes one d6 Strength 5 hits.

-Ironguts, 2 hits, 2 wounds.

-Prince, 2 hits, 1 wound.

-Khan, 2 hits, dies.

-Chaos Warriors, 1 hit, 1 wound.

-Exalted Hero, 4 hits, dies.

-Sabertusk, 2 hits, dies.

The Chaos Warriors who are within 6" from the Exalted Hero fail their Panic Test and runs 8" along the edge of the board.

Ogre Kingdoms Turn 3

The Slaughtermaster charges the flank of the High Elves Prince. The Ogre Bullies finally gets to charge the last unit of Silverhelms. The Firebelly and remaining Irongut move towards the fleeing Chaos Warriors. The Gnoblars marches straight through the Purple Sun, with 3 Initiative all pass their test.

The Slaughtermaster casts Toothcracker on himself and gains +1 Toughness, he casts Bullgorger aswell for a +1 Strength but it’s dispelled.

The Prince does 1 wound to the Slaughtermaster and recieved 1 in return. The Prince looses combat but passes the Leadership-test. The Bullies do 7 impact-hits on the Silverhelms, 1 dies. They recieve 1 wound in close-combat and does 1 in return. The Silverhelms fail their Leadership-test and runs, the Bullies pursue them and overruns into the Sisters of Avelorn.

High Elf Turn 4

The Prince does 2 wounds to the Slaughtermaster and recieves non in return. The Mages fail to wound but the units remaining Sisters of Avelorn kills one Ogre, in return the Bullies kill 5 Sisters of Avelorn in close-combat and proceed to stomp the remaining 2 and a Mage to death. The High Elves roll Idiotic Bravery, they hold.

Chaos Dwarfs Turn 4

The Bull Centaurs barely manages a long charge straight into the flank of the Prince. The Infernal Guard march towards the battle with the Prince.

The Sorcerer-Prophet repositions and gets of Flames of Azgorh with Irresistible Force targeting the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord. It scatters away. I loose the spell, one Wizard level and the magic phase ends.

The Deathmask fires his pistol at the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord, hits but fails to wound. The Magmacannon overshoots and just kills one single Chaos Warrior.

The Prince kills 2 Bull Centaurs, in return the lone Ba’hal slays him.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 4

The Chaos Warriors rally. The Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord rear-charges the Slaughtermaster.

The Sorcerer-Lord casts Fate of Bjuna targeting the Sorcerer-Prophet, the Slaughtermaster dispel it with Irresistible Force. Snake-eyes on the miscast chart, the Slaughtermasters wardsave takes his Strength 10 hit, the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord and the Ba’hal each take 1 wound. The Slaughtermaster is sucked into the Warp and is removed from the game. Purple Sun targeting the Sorcerer-Prophet scatters out of harms away.

Ogre Kingdoms Turn 4

The Firebelly and Ironguts aswell as the Gnoblars proceed to move towards the Chaos Warriors.

The Firebelly tries to cast a Tier 3 Fireball at the Chaos Warriors but end up lacking 2 power, it fails.

The Bullies kill the remaining 2 Mages, High Elves are wiped out.

Chaos Dwarfs Turn 5

The Infernal Guard continues to march towards the battle and the Ba’hal marches to aid the Ogres against the Chaos Warriors. The Sorcerer-Prophet flies to the hill overlooking the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord.

The Curse of Hashut kills the Nurgle Sorcerer-Lord. Gotcha!

Warriors of Chaos Turn 5

The Chaos Warriors charge the Gnoblars, 1 Warrior dies to dangerous terrain. The Gnoblars break and runs straight through the Firebelly and Irongut, the Chaos Warriors pursue into combat with them.

Ogre Kingdoms Turn 5

The Bullies move up to rear-charge the Chaos Warriors next turn.

The Chaos Warriors slay both the Firebelly and the Irongut.

Chaos Dwarfs Turn 6

The Infernal Guard makes a swift reform and marches toward the Chaos Warriors. The Sorcerer-Prophet flies down to support them. The Ba’hal marches down aswell and repositions.

Low on powerdice the Curse of Hashut fails.

The Magmacannon kills 1 Chaos Warrior.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 6

The Chaos Warriors tries a long-charge into the Infernal Guard I’ve set up for them, the charge fails.

Ogre Kingdoms Turn 6

The Gnoblars fail to rally, the Ogre Bullies manages a rear long-charge on the Chaos Warriors.

3 Warriors dies on impact, Chaos Warriors does one wound to the Bullies, Ogre’s kills 3 in combat and stomps 2 more to death. The sole-surviving Chaos Warrior standard-bearer fails his Leadership-test and runs towards the Dawi’Zharr, the Bullies fail their pursue. The game ends.

VICTORY!

This game could have gone either way, at so many points it where nervshattering. We where outdeployed and both opponents brought fire-resisting Deathstars to deal with the Destroyer. Also we where severely outdeployed. The Nurgle Deathstar surviving his dispel miscast… Then every wound the Deathstars took counted heavily, the Hellcannon explosion turned the game around.

I’m starting to dislike Flames of Azgorh, it never was a main priority of mine and perhaps I used it wrong but in retrospect I should have just stuck with Curse of Hashut during the intense mage-duel between the Prophet and the Sorcerer-Lord.

I took a very dangerous list, I wanted to bring in the Bullcentaurs and did so at the cost of removing the Daemonsmith with the Chalice of Blood and Darkness. The level 4 Slaughtermaster carried our dispel-phase all by himself. While the Chalice would have broken these mage-heavy lists I had real genuine Warhammer fun with this aggressive mobile list and I learned that the Magmacannon manages itself pretty well, it doesn’t really need a Daemonsmith. Next game I might bring an Iron Daemon instead of the Destroyer, I really want to learn to play it, we’ll see!

I have to hand it to our opponents, we had alot of luck with the late-game dicerolls. Greatest game we did so far, everyone was in a really good mood when the battle was over even though we played intensely for 7 hours!

Admiral:

Well done and congratulations! Nice battle report. Obviously Hashut favours you nowadays that you field the big red bull. :slight_smile:

MadHatter:

Well done and congratulations! Nice battle report. Obviously Hashut favours you nowadays that you field the big red bull. :)

Admiral
Obviously :hat off

The Ogre player brought Bull-ies to the game aswell, most likely a salute to the Sons of the Father of Darkness!

:hashut :hashut :hashut

I think the big red bull blends in better in the army when fielded together with the Bull Centaurs... They sure brought home their point values aswell killing silverhelms, scyla and taking the last wound of the prince!

Bloodbeard:

A good long report. I must say it makes me very happy to see a bunch of my Golden Ladies join the battle, one of my favourite beers.

�?� You can never miss with your magma cannon, it’s impossible - unless a misfire occures. wanting to hit a single model or a unit with only 2 ranks, you place the shot 9,5’’ away. A roll of 2’’ will let you hit 1 rank, everyhing else hits more. Making the machine perfect for taking out small chaff units.

�?� A shame about the Deatroyer. An iron demon is fun, especially against WoC and Ogres.

�?� Against WoC there’s no knowing if they’ll bring mages or not. But going into a multiplayer battle I would always bring the chalice.

Suggestions

�?� I’m gonna use the free batte chronicler for my next report. Just for a setup photo of the battle field. In a large game like this it would really help me follow the report better. You should try it.

�?� Magic phase. Did both opponemts get a dispel pool? If yes, you should play with a collective one.

�?� A beautiful board like this deserves painted miniatures. Consider making a paint pledge club. Perhaps through aclosed FB group. Make month long pledges. Failers owe a case of beer (or given your geographical position perhaps a six pack), dinner or something else. In only a ,couple of month that made us play with mostly painted armies.

keep up the good work, I enjoy you bzttle repz. Wolfs head s in the mail.

Zantrom out. Peace! … through domination.

MadHatter:

A good long report. I must say it makes me very happy to see a bunch of my Golden Ladies join the battle, one of my favourite beers.

Bloodbeard
Love em, beer and salami are the best 2 things about denmark!
�?� You can never miss with your magma cannon, it's impossible - unless a misfire occures. wanting to hit a single model or a unit with only 2 ranks, you place the shot 9,5'' away. A roll of 2'' will let you hit 1 rank, everyhing else hits more. Making the machine perfect for taking out small chaff units.

Bloodbeard
I've started using this, works like a charm I must say :hat off
�?� A shame about the Deatroyer. An iron demon is fun, especially against WoC and Ogres.

Bloodbeard
He'll be back in larger games. Once I get my core fixed :)
�?� Against WoC there's no knowing if they'll bring mages or not. But going into a multiplayer battle I would always bring the chalice.

Bloodbeard
I will do it in future games, I really missed it last game...
Suggestions
�?� I'm gonna use the free batte chronicler for my next report. Just for a setup photo of the battle field. In a large game like this it would really help me follow the report better. You should try it.

�?� Magic phase. Did both opponemts get a dispel pool? If yes, you should play with a collective one.

�?� A beautiful board like this deserves painted miniatures. Consider making a paint pledge club. Perhaps through aclosed FB group. Make month long pledges. Failers owe a case of beer (or given your geographical position perhaps a six pack), dinner or something else. In only a ,couple of month that made us play with mostly painted armies.

keep up the good work, I enjoy you bzttle repz. Wolfs head s in the mail.

Zantrom out. Peace! ... through domination.

Bloodbeard
We have a common pool :) I'll check battle chronicler out! I'm painting right now... I am very jealous of how good our ogre players unit looks, brings a different game to the table :D

Very happy your following!!

MadHatter:

08/30-2014, 2 vs 2, 1500p, Warriors of Chaos and Chaos Dwarfs VS. Ogre Kingdoms VS. High Elves: THE MASSACRE

The others have failed in sending me their lists, it was something like this:

Ogre Kingdoms

Slaughtermaster

Lvl 4, Lore of the Great Maw

Armor of Destiny, Hellheart

Firebelly

Dispel Scroll

Battle Standard-bearer

Runemaw banner

5 Ironguts

2 Mournfangs

3 Ogre Bullies

Ironblaster

High Elves

Archmage

Level 4, Lore of Heavens

Noble on horse with starlance

15 Dragon Princes

15 Archers

15 Archers

20 Phoenixguards

Warriors of Chaos

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch

Disc, Eye of Tzeentch, Mark

the Other Trickster Shard

Chaos Sorcerer

Level 2, Lore of Metal

Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Dispel scroll

3 Chaos Ogres, Mark of Khorne

3 Skullcrushers

Chariot, Mark of Nurgle

Chariot, Mark of Nurgle

Chariot, Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Dwarf

Sorcerer-Prophet

Lvl 4, Hashut

Talisman of Preservation

Dispel Scroll

Enchanted Shield

Hobgoblin Khan

Spear, Light armour, Wolf

Ruby Ring of Rhuin

25 Infernal Guard

Full command

Handweapon + shield

Razor standard

Deathshrieker

Deathshrieker

Magmacannon

Iron Daemon (Hellbound)

Chaos Dwarf Turn 1

Khan and Infernal Guard marches up. Flames of Azgorh fails, Deathshrieker kills 2 Phoenixguard (they pass panic), second Deathshrieker hits but all wounds are wardsaved. Magmacannon kills 1 Ogre Bully and the rest of the unit runs of the board. Iron Daemon is out of range.

Ogre Turn 1

Irongut unit containing Slaughtermaster, Firebelly and Battle-standard bearer marches up. Piercing Bolts of Burning kills 3 Infernal Guard. The Ironblaster overshoots the Iron Daemon.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 1

All 3 Chariots, Tzeentch Lord and Tzeentch Mage on discs move into charge range and spell-position. Final Transmutation targeting the big block of Dragon Princes is dispelled.

Chaos Dwarfs Turn 2

Infernal Guard swift reforms to be able to take the charge from Ironguts and Dragon Princes in the front instead of the flank. Opposing team use their dispel-scroll to cancel Ashstorm targeting the Dragon Princes. I cast tier 2 Flames of Azgorh on the Ironguts character-bunker, the Ogre player has Runemaw which lets him redirect damage from spells and shooting to another friendly unit on a +2, he rolls a 1. The Ironguts take 29 wounds, the Battle-standard Bearer is killed aswell. The Slaughtermaster and Firebelly survives, they pass their panic-test.

Deathshrieker kills 4 Archers, they run of the board, 2nd Deathshrieker misses, Magmacannon misfires and cannot shoot for the next turn and the Iron Daemon kills 1 Dragon Prince.

Ogre Turn 2

The Slaughtermaster leaves the Firebelly, Piercing Bolts of Burning at the Infernal Guard fails, an empowered Fireball puts 1 wound on the Iron Daemon, the Ironblaster puts 6 more wounds on it but it still stands.

Warriors of Chaos Turn 2

1st Chariot (right flank) charges the lone Firebelly, impact does 1 wound.

2nd Chariot (middle) charges the High Elf archers, impact kills 3.

3rd Chariot (left flank) rear-charges the Mournfangs, impact does 1 wound.

Tzeentch-Lord on Disc charges the Phoenixguard Archmage-bunker, the Elf declines the challenge.

Skullcrushers charges the Slaughtermaster.

The Slaughtermaster cracks Hellheart but rolls a 2 and it’s wasted since the Tzeentch-mage on Disc is out of range.

Final Transmutation goes off on the big Dragon Prince block. 6 Dragon Princes are turned to gold and removed as casualties.

The Tzeentch-Lord kills 2 Phoenixguards, the Disc kills 2 more. He recieves no wounds in return. The Phoenixguard stands with Insane Courage.

The Skullcrushers does 1 wound to the Slaughtermaster and recieves one in return. The Slaughtermaster breaks to combat resolution and gets away, the Skullcrushers pursue into combat with the High Elf Archers.

The 1st Chariot (right-flank) puts 2 wounds on the Firebelly and recieves non in return, the Firebelly breaks and runs of the board. The Ironblaster panics and runs of the board.

2nd Chariot (middle) does 2 more wounds to the High Elf Archers (impact killed 3), they break and run of the board. The second unit of Archers panics and run of the board aswell. The Dragon Princes pass their panic-test.

The 3rd Chariot (right-flank) does 2 more wounds to the Mournfangs, 1 die, the last Mournfang breaks and the Chariot runs him down.

High Elves Turn 2

Dragon Princes fail the stupidity test from Final Transmutation and move forward 4".

The Archmage cast a Comet of Cassadora but the Sorcerer-Prophet uses his dispel scroll.

Just having a running Slaughtermaster, 5 phoenixguard and Archmage in a loosing combat and 5 stupid Dragon Princes left on the board the High Elves and Ogre’s concede.

CRUSHING VICTORY!

Thoughts… I need to learn to play the Iron Daemon correctly. Other than that, the other team really didn’t roll one good dice the whole game, when Ogre’s rolled a 1 on the Runemaw their battle was lost. I would have liked a longer game and felt bad for our opponents, the whims of the dice-gods sometimes just aren’t fair. :hashut

We had a spectator who’s starting Daemons of Chaos from the club who came to watch and I quote "I came to watch a battle, not a massacre."

The Old World will burn!!

EDIT: Yes Bloodbeard, I am painting right now haha :smiley:

Admiral:

Crush them! :hashut

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Bloodbeard:

Knus dem under fode! That was an absolutely humiliating defeat.

Everyrhing worked. Yet I have two things (can’t help it):
1. Your list is illegal. Minimum core at 1500 points is 375 points. 25 IG with full command is only 330. Razor banner will put them in the clear.

2. Bringing 3 shooting warmachines I would make room for a daemonsmith. 1 re-roll will fast turn out to be too little. And with two deathshiekers it extra nice. Start with shooting the magma cannon. Then you might have a re-roll for both rockets scatter dice.

MadHatter:

Knus dem under fode! That was an absolutely humiliating defeat.

Everyrhing worked. Yet I have two things (can't help it):
1. Your list is illegal. Minimum core at 1500 points is 375 points. 25 IG with full command is only 330. Razor banner will put them in the clear.

2. Bringing 3 shooting warmachines I would make room for a daemonsmith. 1 re-roll will fast turn out to be too little. And with two deathshiekers it extra nice. Start with shooting the magma cannon. Then you might have a re-roll for both rockets scatter dice.

Bloodbeard
Actually they had razor banner, i forgot to write it here, will update the list when I get back home! Extra DS would be nice, I really want to bring the arabyan carpet...

Edit: updated list of batrep to include razor standard :)

MadHatter:

09/04-2014, 2 vs 1, 4500p, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms VS. Orcs and Goblins: WAAAGH!

"I adress this letter directly to you, oh Hashut’s voice in the halls of the Gorak-Zharr, thou who’s gaze shine with the green light of Morrslieb and who’s breath is a torrent of the very Winds of Chaos.

Our campaign in the west has thus far been a great success and I presume the number of slaves brought back to our unholy city silently speak for themselves.

In our journeys further into the Empire we have encountered a vast migrating greenskin horde raiding villages and sacking townships. This vorkhul is under the command of 3 particularly powerful Drazh-Urkhaz or Black Orcs as they are now referred to by this regions Umgi.

While neither Grobi or Urkhaz are a match for even a single Gorak-Zharr warrior, as you teach us yourself oh Most-Favored of the Father of Darkness, I have felt it a necessity in my role as Overseer of this expedition to slighly open the lid to our Clans already strained coffer and enlist a mercenary band of Ogri to assure the capture and return of the Urkh-Rinkuli to your laboratory in Zharr-Naggrund.

Your faithful servant,

-Harul Ogriguz."

Background
A long time player we met up with fielded 4500p of O&G, our groups Ogre player fielded 3000p and I joined in with 1500p so we would be able to play. When playing allies we’ve started taking our teams turns together now, as otherwise certain aspects of the game become quite unfair. This was very much a learning experience and it was good to play with a veteran player as we got alot of things straight that’s been diffuse earlier.

When drawing up our strategy yesterday we decided I would bring 1500 points of support and  artillery and the Ogres would do the fighting, playing together and sharing dicepool one lvl 4 was enough and I settled with a lvl 1 Daemonsmith as my general.

Chaos Dwarf list
Harul Ogriguz
Daemonsmith (Level 1, Lore of Fire)
-Chalice of Blood and Darkness

The Sons of the Father of Darkness
25 Infernal Guard
-Great Weapons, Musician, Standard bearer
-Banner of Swiftness

Magmacannon

Deathshrieker

Deathshrieker

Iron Daemon

K’daai Destroyer

50 Orcs with Choppas and an Orc Boss are in reserve, as we did not have enough table-space. O&G got to choose and gave us turn 1.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 1
We advance. Mournfangs trigger Nightgoblin fanatics and take 2 wounds. A sabertusk learns that the forest is a Wild Wood.

Magmacannon kills a couple of Black Orcs, a Deathshrieker kills some more. The last Deathshrieker targets the Boarboyz but the shot scatters and even more Black Orcs die, they do however pass all their tests with the rerolls from the BSB. The Ironblaster misfires and cannot shoot for the rest of the game.

Orcs and Goblins Turn 1

The trolls are stupid and advance 1d6. Goblins charge the Mournfangs. Boarboyz unit with 5 heroes (!) charge the Stonehorn.

Black Orc Warboss and Big 'Unz unit bring down the Destroyer on combat resolution and it breaks to unstable. Goblins kill the wounded Mournfang.

Ogre Slaughtermaster cracks the Hellheart and the lvl 4 Orc Shaman is sucked into the warp. After loosing 1d6 powerdice Orc magic is further crippled by Chalice of Blood and Darkness and no spells go off.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 2

Ogre Bullies charge in the support the lone Mournfang. Infernal Guard charges the Black Orcs.

Magmacannon and Leadbelchers kill 12 Big Unz in total but the Warboss unit holds. Stray rockets puts a wound on the Ogre’s Giant, another stray rocket kills 7 Gnoblars. The Stonehorn rider’s harpoon launcher kills a lvl 2 Orc Shaman and the Black Orc Warboss on Wyvern runs off the table. Iron Daemon shoots and puts 4 wounds on the Orc Giant.

Goblins kill the last Mournfang but loose on resolution to all the casualties done to them by the Bullies, the Bullies run them down. Infernal Guard and Black Orcs do some wounds to each other.

Orcs and Goblins Turn 2

The 50 Orc Choppas comes on to the table. Trolls are stupid and advance 1d6. Chariot smashes into the flank of the Infernal Guard. Giant charges the Iron Daemon. 40 Nightgoblins charge the Slaughtermaster.

Left with only goblin shamans and bad magic rolls the Chalice shuts down the Orc magic-phase.

Stonehorn breaks the Boarboyz but fail the pursue. Infernal Guard breaks but Orc Chariot fail to pursue. Giant fails to hurt the Iron Daemon. Slaughtermaster breaks and runs down the 40 Nightgoblins.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 3
Infernal Guard rallies to face the Black Orc Warboss and Big Unz unit. Stonehorn charges the fleeing Boar Boyz, run them down and reforms. Ironguts and Firebelly charge the trolls.

Harul Ogriguz the Daemonsmith, Expeditionary Overseer Extraordinaire and Ogre Paymaster takes a few tactical steps back behind the Warmachines and unleashes the most hellish of Fireballs right into the Big Unz, 7 Orcs burns to death.

Ogre Bullies break and run down the 50 Orc unit reinforcements and reform. Ironguts break and run down the trolls.

Orcs and Goblins Turn 3
The Orc Chariot charges the Infernal Guard. The Warboss and Big Unz charge a Deathshrieker rocket-battery.

Magmacannon fails to wound the Orc Chariot. The Ironblaster Leadbelcher destroys the Orc Chariot.

The Infernal Guard remaining after impact are run down and are slain. Warboss and Big Unz destroy the Deathshrieker.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 4
Stonehorn charges the Black Orc and Big Unz. The Ironguts charge in to support the Iron Daemon that’s been bashed down to 2 wounds by the Giant. The Bullies charge the last remaining Goblin Shaman.

The Giant is slain by the Ironguts, the Bullies kill the shaman.

Orcs and Goblins Turn 4
Black Orc Warboss and Big Unz destroy the second Deathshrieker, wins combat and the Stonehorn breaks, is pursued and dies.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 5
Ironguts and Firebelly charge the Warboss and Big Unz, Tyrant and Slaughtermaster moves up to charge the next round, the Iron Daemon runs down a tree. The Warboss bellows a challenge and the Firebelly accepts.

Orcs and Goblins Turn 5
Warboss and Firebelly do a couple of wounds to each other.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 6
The Irondaemon runs down another tree. Tyrant and Slaughtermaster charges in and brings down the Black Orc Battle-Standard Bearer and last Big Un, the Warboss flees towards the Bullies but is pursued by the Ironguts and Firebelly.

VICTORY!

Thoughts… Artillery lists still aren’t that fun to play and I learned to respect highly armoured characters with dawnstone, perhaps I’ll bring out a Taur’ruk to have a deathstar of my own in future battles. I played the Destroyer badly, it’s a forgiving unit but to bad rolls it doesn’t matter. On the other hand I’m starting to love the Iron Daemon, what a fun unit it is. Hard as a nail, even against a giant which is probably one of it’s absolutely worst match-ups.

MadHatter:

09/22-2014, 2 vs 2, 5000, Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms VS. Warriors of Chaos and High Elves: 9h Beerhammer

Chaos Dwarfs, 2500 pts.
Sorcerer-Prophet, lvl 4 Hashut w. Flying Carpet, Enc. Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Blood of Hashut
Taur’ruk w. Blackshard armour, Great Weapon, Dragonbane gem
Daemonsmith, lvl 1 Death, Forbidden Rod, Opal Amulet
Iron Daemon w. Hellbound
5 Bullcentaurs, Great Weapons, Full cmd, Gleaming Pennant.
25 Infernal Guard, Full cmd, Fireglaives. Wailing Banner (Terror)
25 Hobgoblin Cutthroats, h&s, Full cmd
Chaos Siege-giant
Dreadquake Mortar w. Slave Ogre

Ogre Kingdoms, 2500pts.
Slaughtermaster w. Gamblers Armour, Obsidian Lodestone, Enchanted Shield, Dispel Scroll, Ironcurse Icon.
Bragg Gutsman
Hunter w. Beastkiller, Dragonhelm, Harpoon.
12 Ogre Bullies
6 Ironguts
4 Leadbelchers
4 Mournfangs
2 Sabertusks
Stonehorn
Ironblaster

High Elves, 2500 pts.
Prince w. Enchanted shield, Dragon Armor, Dawnstone, Giant blade.
Noble, Chariot, Armour of Destiny
Noble, mount, barding, dragon armour, shield, lance, helm of discord, sword of might.
Noble, mount, barding, dragon armour, shield, lance, ironcurse icon, obsidian lodestone
Archmage lvl 4 Shadow, Book of Hoeth, Forbidden Rod.
Mage lvl 2 Beasts, Dispel scroll
12 Silverhelms
13 Silverhelms
17 Phoenixguards, Banner of the World-Dragon
Great Eagle
Lionchariot
Lionchariot

Warriors of Chaos, 2500 pts.
Sigvald the Magnificent
Scyla Anfingrimm
Chaos Lord w. barded steed, Halberd, Enc. shield, ironcurse icon.
Throgg, King of Trolls
Chaos Sorcerer w. Skull of Katam, Chalice of Chaos.
Exalted Hero w. Obsidian Lodestone, Daemonic Mount
Chimera, Breath, Regen, Poison attacks.
Chimera, Breath, Regen, Poison attacks.
16 Chaos Warriors, banner of swiftness
Chaos Chariot
Chaos Chariot
6 Chaos Warhounds

We roll the building, the house is a wizards tower granting all Wizards within 3" access to all spells of their chosen lore. The castle is a sinister statue beaming laser from its eyes at everything within 6".

Sorcerer-Prophet rolls Hellhammer, Curse of Hashut, Ashstorm and Flames of Azgorh. Darkforged weapon gives him +1 at dispel attempts.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 1

Charges: The Siege-Giant charges the Wizard’s Tower.
The Hobgoblins fails their charge at the Chaos Warhounds.

Magic:High Elves use their dispel scroll to quench the Flames of Azgorh.
Purple Sun targeting the Chaos Warrior unit with Throgg, the mounted Chaos Lord and Sigvald is dispelled.

Shooting:The Dreadquake Mortar shot scatters of the table.
The Ironblaster shoots out a Lionchariot, the shot bounces and kills 3 Chaos Warriors.

Combat: The Siege-giant wrecks the Wizards Tower and the building is removed from the table.

Warriors of Chaos and High Elves Turn 1

Charges:Chaos Chariot charges a Sabretusk, it dies from Impact hits.
Lionchariot charges the Ogre Hunter

Magic:Chaos Wizard looses 2 Ld from using Skull of Katam, they channel further dice and end up with 10 while we have 5.
High Elves Archmage fails Enfeebling Foe targeting the Bullcentaurs. He proceeds to cast Pit of Shades at the Fireglaives but it scatters away. The miscast kills 1 Phoenixguard as the rest of the hits are saved by Banner of the World-Dragon.

Combat: Lionchariot kills the Ogre Hunter.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 2

Sinister Statue kills one Chaos Warrior.

Charges: Bullcentaurs charge the right-flank Chimera.
The Hobgoblins pass stupidity from standing in a fungus forest and charges Scyla Anfingrimm.
Mournfangs charges the left-flank Chaos Chariot.
Ogre Bullies charge the 6 Chaos Warhounds, rolls Ogre Charge and kills all of them on impact.

Magic: Ashstorm targeting the right-flank Silverhelm unit is dispelled.
Lore of the Great Maw buffs targeting Mournfangs and Hobgoblins are dispelled.

Shooting: Leadbelchers shoots out a right-flank Lionchariot.
The Ironblaster wounds a Chimera but it regenerates.
The Dreadquake Mortar kills 3 Silverhelms. Fireglaives puts 2 wounds on the Great Eagle.
The Iron Daemon kills a Chaos Warrior.

Combat: A Chaos Chariot puts 1 wound on the Mournfangs but is itself destroyed.
The Hobgoblins pass their fear-test and the Murderboss puts 2 wounds on Scyla and the other Hobgoblins do 1, a bunch of them die but they hold.
The right-flank Chimera does 2 wounds to the Bullcentaurs and recieves 3. It breaks and flees 10". The Bullcentaurs fails their pursue on 9" and overruns into a Lionchariot.

Warriors of Chaos and High Elves Turn 2

Sinister Statue kills a lone Noble with Armour of Destiny.

The fleeing Chimera runs of the table.

Charges: The left-flank Silverhelms charges the Mournfangs.
The mounted Chaos Lord and Sigvald the Magnificent charges out of the Chaos Warrior unit into combat with the Ironguts.
Chaos Chariot also charges the Ironguts, 1 Ogre die on Impact.
The Phoenixguard unit charges the Sorcerer-Prophet, he flees as a charge-reaction and gets away 10".
The Great Eagle charges the Dreadquake Mortar.
The remaining Chimera charges the Iron Daemon, it’s impossible to place it where it should have stood but my opponent changes it to another model with a smaller base because my converted Iron Daemon has a smaller base than the Forge World ones have. There’s a dispute between the teams but I settle with it being fine.

Magic: Snake-eyes are rolled on the Winds of Magic. They use Skull of Katam and crack a Forbidden Rod giving them a total of 9 spell-dice.
The Archmage casts a Penumbral Pendulum at the Sorcerer-Prophet, he wards it off.
The Bullcentaurs gets hexed with -1 to Strength.
Wyzan Wildform on the Lionchariot in combat with the Bullcentaurs fail.
The Bullcentaurs are hexed with the Curse of Anaheir, getting -1 to hit.

Combat: The left-flank Silverhelms and Prince kill 3 Mournfangs, the last one breaks but the Silverhelms fail their pursue.
Sigvald the Magnificent issues a challenge and Bragg the Gutsman accepts. Sigvald does 3 wounds to Bragg but is in return slain outright by Bragg’s Heroic Killingblow.
The mounted Chaos Lord kills an Irongut. Ironguts break and are run down by the Chaos Lord and a Chaos Chariot.
Scyla Anfingrimm fails to wound the Hobgoblins in return the Murderboss kill him.
The Chimera does 2 wounds to the Iron Daemon with his poison attacks.
The Great Eagle does 1 wound to the Slave-Ogre and its last wound is taken by the crewmen.
The Lionchariot kills 1 Bullcentaur, I forgot to reroll with their Gleaming Pennant, they break and the whole unit with Taur’ruk and all is annihilated.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 3

The lone Mournfang keeps fleeing. The Sorcerer-Prophet rallies.

Charges: The Stonehorn charges the Chimera thats locked in combat with the Iron Daemon.
Ogre Bullies charge Throgg and does 2 wounds to him on impact.
The Siege-giant charges the Lionchariot that ran down my Bullcentaurs.

Magic: With a grin I crack my own Forbidden Rod and roll a 1. The Daemonsmith takes 2 wounds but 1 is saved by his Opal Amulet.
My Sorcerer-Prophet casts a Hellhammer with Irresistible Force at the Phoenixguard-unit. All wounds are saved by the Banner of the World-Dragon. 2 wizard-levels, Hellhammer and Flames of Azgorh.
The Daemonsmith manages to get off a Purple Sun but it is dispelled.

Shooting: The Ironblaster misfires, apparently a curious Gnoblar has stuffed it full of corpses. Never let greenskins close to your warmachines.
The Hobgoblins kills 1 Chaos Warriors with their throwing-knifes and force them to take their 25% panic-test, they pass.
The Fireglaives kill 2 Phoenixguards.
The Dreadquake Mortar kills 5 Phoenixguards on a direct hit.

Combat: The right-flank Lionchariot fails it’s fear-test but still puts 1 wound on the Siege-giant, in return the Gaint 'Eadbutts it and it looses all it’s attacks the next round. Dats wat yer get - Schmack!
Chimera does 4 wounds to the Stonehorn.
Ogre Bullies do a wound to Throgg, Throgg kills one Ogre in close-combat but fails his vomit-attack.

Warriors of Chaos and High Elves Turn 3

We forget the Sinister Statue from this point and for the rest of the game.

Charges: The left-flank Silverhelms charge the Leadbelchers, they flee as charge-reaction and gets away.
Chaos Warriors charge the Hobgoblins, they stand and shoot as charge-reaction and 1 Chaos Warrior is killed.
Both Chaos Warhounds and Phoenixguards declares charges at the Sorcerer-Prophet, he flees as a charge-reaction and gets away. 2 Phoenixguards die by the Quake! dangerous terrain test.

Magic: The Archmage casts a -1 to hit hex on the Ogre Bullies. They are in a Bloodforest and 1 die. The Bloodforest wanders away and 4 Silverhelms are now in it.
Pit of Shades go off with Irresistible Force targeted straight in the middle of the Fireglaives block. It scatters out of harms way. The miscast is detonation and all hits are saved by the Banner of the World-Dragon.

Combat: Exalted Hero and Chaos Warriors kills a total of 7 Hobgoblins, Hobgoblins kill 1 Chaos Warrior. They break and run 6", Warriors fail to pursue and move forward 4".
Throgg saves his last wound with regeneration and kills another Ogre but the Bullies are Steadfast and hold.
The Chimera kills the Stonehorn with it’s poison attacks.
Chariot is still dazed by last rounds 'Eadbutt but they both roll even on Legbreaker.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 4

The Sorcerer-Prophet rallies, Mournfang run off the table, Leadbelchers runs through the Ironblaster, Hobgoblins run 8".

Charges: Fireglaives charge the Phoenixguards.
The Ironblaster charge the Silverhelms.

Magic: Curse of Hashut targeting the Archmage is saved by the Banner of the World-Dragon.

Shooting: The Dreadquake misses the Chaos Lord on steed.

Combat: 3 Fireglaives die but they take 4 Phoenixguards with them, the elves break but I fail the pursue and overrun into the flank of the right-flank Silverhelms.
The Lionchariot puts 2 wounds on the Siege-giant and the giant wrecks it in return.
Ogre Bullies kill Throgg and reform.
The left-flank Silverhelms unit does 4 wounds to the Ironblaster, 1 Silverhelm is slain and the Ironblaster breaks, runs through the Leadbelchers off the board. The Leadbelchers who already flees from the Silverhelms from their charge-reaction gets triggered again and makes another leadership-test which fails and they run off the board. I protest at this point since they are already fleeing but the others are all certain this is rightly played and I decided to just drop it.

Warriors of Chaos and High Elves Turn 4

Phoenixguards with Archmage rallies.

Charges: The Chaos Warhounds tries to charge the Sorcerer-Prophet but fail.
The mounted Chaos Lord charges the Dreadquake Mortar.
The Chaos Chariot charges the Ogre Bullies.
The Chaos Warriors charge the fleeing Hobgoblins but lack 5 mm. There’s alot of discussion here wether the Hobgoblins have been moved to far away or not, my teammate moved the unit for me, unfortunately I don’t keep as detailed notes at this point but I try to argue that in any case played is played but decide to just drop it and let it be a successful pursue.

Magic: The Archmage casts Pendulum through the Siege-giant, Silverhelms and Fireglaives. Giant pass the initiative-test, 1 Silverhelm and 2 Fireglaives die.
Wyzan Wildform goes off on the Silverhelms.
The Fireglaives are hexed with -3 to Strength.

Combat: 3 Fireglaives die and the unit breaks, luckily the Silverhelms fail their pursue.
Chaos Chariot beat Ogre Bullies in combat but they hold.
The mounted Chaos Lord kills the Dreadquake’s Slave-Ogre but the cannon holds.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 5

Fireglaives rally.

Charges: Siege-giant charge the remaining Phoenixguards and Archmage.
Sorcerer-Prophet and Daemonsmith charges the mounted Chaos Lord.

Combat: The mounted Chaos Lord kills a Dreadquake Crewman, Sorcerer-Prophet unleashes the power of the Blood of Hashut and the Chaos Lord melts into a bubbling pool of flesh and metal.
The Phoenixguard fail their fear-test and fail to wound the Siege-giant.
The Chimera and Iron Daemon crewmen fail to wound each-other.

Warriors of Chaos and High Elves Turn 5

Charges: The right-flank Silverhelms charge the Fireglaives through dangerous terrain, 1 dies.
The left-flank Silverhelms charge the flank of the Iron Daemon.
Chaos Warhounds charge the Dreadquake Mortar.

Magic: Archmage hexes the Ogre Bullies with -2 to Strength with Irresistible Force and the miscast drains the magicpool, the Archmage takes a wound even though his 2+ ward-save from the Banner of the World-Dragon. Using his Lore Attribute the Archmage switches places with the level 2 Mage and gets out of combat.
Wyzan Wildform fails.

Combat: Silverhelms with the High Elves Prince and Chimera destroys the Iron Daemon.
2 Fireglaives die by the right-flank Silverhelms and fail to kill anyone in return. Apparently the Lore of Shadows hex that lowered their strength remains in play and I didn’t know, which was bad as I had dice the magic phase before to dispel it. Anyhow, they break and are run down.
The Chaos Chariot breaks the Ogre Bullies as they fail to wound it with their strength lowered and they are run down.
The remaining 4 Phoenixguard and Archmage gets the last wound through on the Siege-giant, it dies and falls over squishing one of them.
The Chaos Warhounds kill another Dreadquake Crewman.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms Turn 6

The Daemonsmith repositions and the Sorcerer-Prophet flies 20" to get into position to settle the score with the lone Archmage.

"Soon that pretty dress will drape your coffin, I got you now little rabbit…"

Magic: Curse of Hashut kills the Archmage.

Warriors of Chaos and High Elves Turn 6

Charges: The Chimera fails a long-charge at the Sorcerer-Prophet.
The Prince charges out of the Silverhelms and the Exalted Hero charges out of the Chaos Warriors and both slam into the Daemonsmith.

Combat:The Prince kills the Daemonsmith.
Chaos Warhounds fail to take the last wound of the Dreadquake.

DEFEAT!

Thoughts… With our game sharpening and everyone getting better our group is getting more and more competitive, for better and worse, and the drinking sure didn’t help. When we started the hobby together it was no problem with me using the old bases but I’ll have to put the BC’s and ID on trays in the future as I understand it can be frustrating and considered cheating to use smaller ones. I still don’t approve of “fixing” these issues during an on-going match though. These where however minor flaws as overall it was a real great and awesome 9h gamenight, it was fun to try out the more unusual units and combos. Tearing down that house was sweet.
I won’t go into battle without proper artillery in the future though, I will have to scratch the Siege-giant from future lists as it is too expensive. The Bullcentaur-unit might have made it if I had remembered they where carrying the Gleaming Pennant, and that might have cost us the game. I will have a Crown of Command on the Taur’ruk in the future and I want a BSB with the Infernal Guard. Fireglaives on the 25 man Infernal Guard unit paid of alot and the Hobgoblins surpriced me (The Murderboss who slew Scyla being the man-of-the-match). I will prioritize the Chalice of Blood and Darkness over any other magic build.
I have to counter the Banner of the World-Dragon somehow when facing High Elves and I need to bring back the Deathshriekers to help with countering monsters.
I’ll pay closer attention to hexes in the future and the Khans are going right back in again aswell!
I was very pleased with ending the game by finally taking out the Archmage with the Curse of Hashut! :hashut

And first battle at 2500 pts level :cheers

EDIT:

Upon evaluating the report:
*We forgot the shots from the Sinister Statue.
*I forgot to use the Gleaming Pennant to reroll the Bullcentaurs breaktest.
*I forgot to Thunderstomp with the Giant, didn’t make a single one.
*I forgot the Fireglaives to be steadfast due to their many ranks.
*I forgot to dispel The Withering -3 STR hex that was active on the Fireglaives, didn’t know it remained in play.

Could have been a very different game.

tjub:

Haha, I love that you play/sit on the floor! Used to do the same when we were younger… :slight_smile:

Bloodbeard:

The banner of the world dragon is a nasty one. But it won’t do anything against a large unit of great weapon wielding filthy dawi zharr or a hailstorm from blunderbusses.

Lore of metal is a good way do deal with it. Final Transmutation of Gold ignores the banner of the world dragon - as it doesn’t cause wounds and theirs no saves of any kind allowed. Enchanted blade of aiban is your friend too. Armour piercing and +1 to hit will make a blunderbuss unit or hobgoblins insane!

We played all our first games of warhammer on a floor like that. Always too many points, too bad at the rules and taking a whole weekend for a game.

It’s a fine report Madhatter. But I actually have a very hard time following it. 5000 poitns against eachother and some very blurry overall photos. Don’t know how to counter that, need to find a way.

MadHatter:

Haha, I love that you play/sit on the floor! Used to do the same when we were younger... :)

tjub
:)
The banner of the world dragon is a nasty one. But it won't do anything against a large unit of great weapon wielding filthy dawi zharr or a hailstorm from blunderbusses.

Lore of metal is a good way do deal with it. Final Transmutation of Gold ignores the banner of the world dragon - as it doesn't cause wounds and theirs no saves of any kind allowed. Enchanted blade of aiban is your friend too. Armour piercing and +1 to hit will make a blunderbuss unit or hobgoblins insane!

We played all our first games of warhammer on a floor like that. Always too many points, too bad at the rules and taking a whole weekend for a game.

It's a fine report Madhatter. But I actually have a very hard time following it. 5000 poitns against eachother and some very blurry overall photos. Don't know how to counter that, need to find a way.

Bloodbeard
Fireglaives did their job aswell, shooting and cutting at those phoenixguards with banner of the world dragon but like you say I think it would be real nice to unleash blunderbusses there...

I agree the pointlevels are to big, the 2 vs. 2 at 1500 each is enough imho.

Alright my friend, it cost me the morning but now the report is updated with hyperrealistic graphics :) I can�"'t run battlescribe on linux so I improvised... did I get away with it? :)

MadHatter:

9h Beerhammer report updated with an added evaluation in the end. :hat off

MadHatter:

Played 4 games since last update:

Lost vs Bretonnia (All cavalry list)

Every damage output in my list where atleast STR5 + armour piercing, lots of bad luck though. Bullcentaurs ran, Prophet miscasted himself to lvl 1, every Dreadquake-shot scattered away even though I had reroll, then it misfired. Fireglaives did their job but not being stubborn they ran and failed to rally for 2 turns, they did outrun pursuing Knights of the Realm. The Iron Daemon took about 300 str 3 attacks through the game, it eventually lost its last wound on turn 6 to a Damsel.

Draw vs Dwarfs (All fighting list)

This was a real fun one, the dwarf damage output is insane! Basicly he fielded one big unit of warriors, one big unit of longbeards with characters and heroes in it, one unit of irondrakes and one organ gun with engineer. Put the Khans to the task of fixing the organ gun but didn’t calculate with the drakes, had the hobgoblins run of the table, carpet Sorcerer-Prophet was the MVP - Burning Wrath killing 8 warriors, Ashstorm stopping Iron Drakes from charging, Burning Wrath killing hero engineer doing 12 str 6 hits. :cheers

Won vs High Elves (Swordmaster magebunker with BoTWD)

I lost the Khans and the Sorcerer-Prophet to the High Elves bolt throwers. Luckily Fireglaives, Hobgoblins, Iron Daemon, Magma Cannon and Deathshrieker managed well on their own. The Hellbound Iron Daemon was the MVP, grinding through Swordmasters with BotWD and their 2+ wardsave against magical attacks until they roll alot of 1’s and the standard bearer is killed!

Lost vs Warriors of Chaos (Daemonprince and warriors with LoA allies)

Nurgle unkillable… Khans where MVP since they took out the enemy magmacannon. Had the tools to deal with this but alot of bad rolls, I mean ALOT. WoC won the tournament though! I placed all-in-all 5th out of 8, with 200 more points that would have been place 3 so it was very tight.

That’s 30 games played so far 2014! :cheers

MadHatter:

Tabled ogres in a 2500p game.

Lessons learned:

*Dual magmacannons are nasty against Ogres

*Mournfang cavalry decimate Infernal Guard blocks.

*Ashstorm + Burning Wrath combo wipes out blocks of Ogres

*Destroyer + Ashstorm wipes out blocks of Ogres.

Admiral:

Nice lessons, maybe my tabletop gaming can improve by stealing your hard-earned wisdom? :wink:

Go on to crushing conquest!

MadHatter:

Lost badly in a 2 vs. 2 game, 5200 - 150.

Chaos Dwarfs and Orcs & Goblins vs. Empire and High Elves, 5000 points each side. Everything went wrong, the battle was lost after their turn 1, 2 great cannon shots hit, both multiple wound with 6’s. I brought dual Hellcannons and didn’t get to make even 1 shot with them. My dual Iron Daemons got locked up in a Lion Chariot and a Frost Phoenix w. Ogre Blade Prince.

Lessons learned

*Focus on taking out Great Cannons, vs. Empire bring Khans.

*Ashstorm on Karl Franz is priority no. 1 in the magic phase, nothing else matters.

*An uttely failed Foot of Gork can land in the middle of your own ranks…

*Take razor-standard on fireglaives and use for slaying cavalry.

*Keep Hellcannons close to the BSB.

*Don’t trust 'em greenskins.

Abecedar:

Quote:-

Lessons learned

*An uttelry failed Foot of Gork can land in the middle of your own ranks…

*Don’t trust 'em greenskins. Unquote

Thats the fun of O&G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------