[Archive] Gorak-Zharr Clan:� The truths and the trickeries [8-1-2] 02-18-2015

MadHatter:

Here be recorded the truths and the trickeries of the great and ancient Kalan A Gorak-Zharr, the Clan of Bestial Fire. Steadily growing in power through trade, diplomacy and the many campaigns and military expeditions west; the name of the Gorak-Zharr clan has become synonymous with fire, steel and death to it’s enemies.

Victories: 8

Draws: 1

Defeats: 2

1 VS. 1

NEW 02/18-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs Vs. Ogre Kingdoms

02/03-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs Vs. High Elves

02/03-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs Vs. Empire

01/10-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. Empire - Taking that Bull by the Horns

01/09-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. Empire - The gold of Balthasar

Multiplayer

02/13-2015: 5000p, Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves VS. Chaos Warriors and the Empire

02/07-2015: 5000p, Chaos Dwarfs and Orcs Vs. Lizardmen and Wood Elves

02/05-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs Vs. Dwarfs and Skaven

[/u]

Dual Bale-Bomb 2015 v2.0 (Tournament list)

More…

The hardships and struggles (2014)

MadHatter:

01/09-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. Empire - The gold of Balthazar

Chaos Dwarfs
Sorcerer-Prophet
+Bale Taurus
+Lvl 4 Hashut
+Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, The Black Hammer of Hashut

Infernal Castellan
+Great Weapon, Mask of the Furnace
+BSB

Hobgoblin Khan
+Giant Wolf, Light Armour, Spear

Hobgoblin Khan
+Giant Wolf, Light Armour, Spear

24 Infernal Guard
+Full command
+Blunderbusses
+Razor standard

25 Hobgoblins
+Musician, Standard-bearer

Iron Daemon
+Hellbound

Iron Daemon
+Hellbound

K’daai Destroyer

The Empire
General of the Empire, on foot.

Captain of the Empire
+BSB

Balthasar Gel

Warrior priest
+Steed

Warrior priest

Warrior priest

Wizard
+lvl 1 beasts

38 Halberds

39 Swordsmen

5 Pistoliers

9 Reiksguard Knights

1 Great cannon

1 Hellfire Volleygun

10 Crossbowmen

I rolled Flames of Azgorh, Dark Subjugation, Curse of Hashut and exchange Hellhammer for Breath of Hatred.

The great Gorak-Zharr clan gets turn 1. The Iron Daemons lumbers towards the enemy, the Khans vanguard close to the cannon-nest of the enemy. The Bale Taurus rider (a distant cousin to the great Klobolg Gorak-Zharr himself) lands behind the tower at the center of the map, safe from cannon-fire. The Blunderbuss-unit reforms to a gunline and marches towards the enemy to lock half the board down.

The Bale Taurus rider gets Flames of Azgorh of on the unit of Halbardiers where the Empire General hides, he passes the LoS but about 10 men are scorched from the face of the planet.

One Iron Daemon shoots out the Empire’s Great Cannon.

The Empire’s Reikguard Knights charge one Iron Daemon, their swordsmen fail to charge the Destroyer. The Halbardiers where the Empire General hides charges the Blunderbusses, bad move, 46 shots burns off effectively killing 11 of them, they are however stubborn from the Crown of Command carried by the units Warrior Priest. The Deathmask bellows a challenge, the Halbardier Champion accepts but is slain outright. No Dawi’Zharr fall in combat but the blood of many a man stains their weapons, their armour naught for Chaos Dwarf steel.

Balthasar kills the Bale Taurus with Final Transmutation.

The Destroyer charges the flank of the Reikguard Knights in combat with the Iron Daemon, they hold because they’re stubborn. The Hobgoblins starts to advance towards, around and over the hill.

The Sorcerer-Prophet, now on foot, fails all his magic-rolls.

The Empire Swordsmen charge the rear of the Destroyer, they have a banner doubling their rank-bonus and he takes 7 wounds and burns out from unstable even after stomping 5 of them to death.

Balthasar unleashes the Golden Hounds, the Sorcerer-Prophet on foot decides to trust in Hashut and save his power to dispel the Searing Doom he knows is coming. He does however fail his wardsaves and is removed.

The Hobgoblins move up the hill, in place for a safe charge of the Swordsmen, the free Iron Daemon charges after Balthasar who flees as a charge-reaction making the Iron Daemon crash into the flank of the Reiksguard Knights already in combat with the other Chaos Dwarf tank, many knights fall to the devastating impact.

The fight continues, mostly all units are locked in combat, finally the Blunderbuss unit destroys the Halbardiers, killing the Empire General, but decides to move safely behind the forest and tower instead of marching towards the Hellfire Volleygun. Half the Blunderbuss-unit is later lost to Balthasar’s final transmutation, little did the mage know that them gitz would rear-charge and break the Swordsmen in turn 6, sending all Empire-troops in combat fleeing in every direction. The Warrior Priest on steed, sole survivor of the Reiksguard Knight’s unit, gallops through Balthasar, who breaks and runs of the board. In Empire turn 6 troops rally and the Hellfire Volleygun takes the last 2 wounds of an Iron Daemon.

Chaos Dwarfs: 1876
Empire: 1814

DRAW!

Thoughts… Wanted to try out my new blunderbusses and bale taurus. The Blunderbusses are shredders and I’m extremely impressed with my core for once, will keep taking them to battle, no doubt about it. Wanted to go combat-heavy but should have brought the scroll instead of the Black Hammer, of course. The Hobgoblins are the men of the match for once! I didn’t expect them to perform, less so to save me from a bitter defeat, and neither did my opponent! Like old Admiral puts it:

Watch yer back for sneaky gitz,
nasty skulkerz,
boys wiv witz

And you better believe it!

Bloodbeard:

Good little report. A couple of thoughts:

Don’t declare a charge with your ID on Blathasar Gelt. Don’t give that pegasus a change to flee. Use the “march” boiler move. He get’s no charge reaction. Only drawack is no +1 combat result from charge and he strikes first against you… So what? Since the Iron Demon can’t overrun or pursue - there’s really no need for that +1 from declaring a charge.

That griffen standard sure is brutal when hitting a destroyer. Don’t put it in a situation where it can get rear charged.

Gotta love a hail storm from the blunderbuss unit!

MadHatter:

Good little report. A couple of thoughts:

Don't declare a charge with your ID on Blathasar Gelt. Don't give that pegasus a change to flee. Use the "march" boiler move. He get's no charge reaction. Only drawack is no +1 combat result from charge and he strikes first against you... So what? Since the Iron Demon can't overrun or pursue - there's really no need for that +1 from declaring a charge.

That griffen standard sure is brutal when hitting a destroyer. Don't put it in a situation where it can get rear charged.

Gotta love a hail storm from the blunderbuss unit!

Bloodbeard
I didnt declare a charge but we ruled it like he was allowed a reaction, not gonna happen again, no sir! ;) Thanks for pointing it out!

Rematch later tonight!

MadHatter:

01/10-2015: 2500p, Chaos Dwarfs VS. Empire - Taking that Bull by the Horns

Chaos Dwarfs
Sorcerer-Prophet
+Lvl 4 (Hashut)
+Bale Taurus
+T. of Preservation, Dragonhelm, Earthing Rod, Blood of Hashut

Daemonsmith
+Lvl 1 (Metal)
+Dawnstone, Dispel Scroll

Hobgoblin Khan
Wolf, L. Arm, Spear

Hobgoblin Khan
Wolf, L. Arm, Spear

Iron Daemon
+Hellbound

Magmacannon

Deathshrieker Rocket-launcher

25 Blunderbusses
+Full command, Razor Banner

25 Hobgoblins
+Musician, Standard-bearer

Hellcannon
Hellcannon

Empire
Arch Lector (General)

Balthasar Gelt

Marius Leitdorf

Wizard
+Lvl 1 (Beasts)

Warrior Priest (steed)

Warrior Priest

40 Swordsmen

40 Spearmen

10 Crossbowmen

9 Reiksguard Knights

Great Cannon
Great Cannon

I roll Burning Wrath, Ashstorm, Curse of Hashut and exchange Hellhammer for Breath of Hatred. Roll Furnace Blast on the Darkforged Weapon. Daemonsmith goes with Searing Doom.

Empire deploys the crossbowmen inside a building. Marius is deployed with the Knights, the Arch-Lector and Empire BSB both deploy in the horde of Spearmen. Hobgoblins vanguard into charge-range to one of the Great Cannons.

Empire goes first, one Khan dies to crossbow fire, one dies to a Great Cannon grape-shot. The second Great Cannon fails to wound my Magmacannon.

The Magmacannon gets a perfect shot at the Swordsmen, they panic and run. Both Knights and Spearmen take casualties from Hellcannon fire, both units hold though. Sorcerer-Prophet 5-dices Ashstorm on the Knights to slow them down, I miscast and roll a 6. Not to bad I think and refrain from using the Earthing Rod. I take one wound and fail the T-test, my general is down to one wound.

Balthasar fails his whole magic-phase. Both Great Cannons fail their shots, one over-shoots and one fails to wound.

I position the Blunderbusses and shoot at the Spearmen, they are however behind hard cover and out of 58 shots only 1 Spearman dies. They die in droves to the Magmacannon though. Hellcannons and Deathshrieker devastates the Empire rank-and-file, however everything holds.

The Empire’s Knights plan to charge my Iron Daemon however Marius fails his Ld-test for insanity and gets stupidity, which he fails, they move forward 1". Grapeshot to the face kills my Sorcerer-Prophet but the Bale Taurus passes his monster reaction. I use the scroll to stop a Searing Doom targeting my Iron Daemon.

The Hobgoblins who have sneaked forward on the left flank all game charge the Great Cannon and kills a crewman. The Magmacannon continues to relentlessly burn droves of Spearmen to death. The Iron Daemon smashes into the Reikguard Knights and 5 of them die to the impact, the Iron Daemon takes 4 wounds from Marius’s Runefang and the remaining Knights.

The Swordmen charges the Bale Taurus and the Blunderbusses, 9 Swordsmen die to Stand and Shoot, they fail to wound anything, they break and the Bale Taurus pursues them and they are removed. The Empire again fails all it’s magic. The Magmacannon is destroyed by lucky crossbow fire, 10 shots at long range wounding on 6’s manages to get 3 wounds through. The Iron Daemon crewmen manages to kill a Knights though.

Both Hellcannons fail their frenzy-test and charge forward towards the middle of the battlefield. The Hobgoblins destroy the Great Cannon and reforms to face the remaining Spearmen with Arch-Lector and BSB. The Iron Daemon is destroyed by the Runefang of Marius Leitdorf.

The Spearmen, Arch-Lector and BSB charges the Hobgoblins, many greenskins fall but they hold. Marius Leitdorf again fails his insanity test, this time insulting my Daemonsmiths hat, deeply aggravated he gain hatred towards Marius for the rest of the game. Balthasar casts Final Transmutation on my Blunderbuss unit, killing 6 of them.

The Bale Taurus charge Balthasar who flees as a charge-reaction. The Hobgoblins gain Bloody Murder as animosity result, the left-flank Hellcannon charges into the flank of the Spearmen, they break and the Hobgoblins pursue killing both Arch-Lector and BSB. Hellcannon reforms to face the fleeing Balthasar Gelt and his pegasus.

Marius Leitdorf and his Knights kills the right-flank Hellcannon. Balthasar rallies.

The left-flank Hellcannon charges and kills Balthasar Gelt. The Daemonsmith casts Searing Doom on the Reikguard Knights, killing all save the characters off. The Blunderbusses unleash 38 shots towards Marius and the Warrior Priest, none wound. The Deathshrieker gets a direct hit on Marius but he manages his ward-save.

Chaos Dwarfs: 2272
Empire: 1506

VICTORY!

Thoughts… Need to learn to play the Bale Taurus better, being used to the freedom of the carpet-sorc I’m not comfortable with having other factors to consider than magic. Wasted my breath-weapons on nothing and hardly got into combat with it, wasted a turn of Blunderbuss-shooting at State-troopers behind hard-cover, I missed that Balthasar should have taken dangerous terrain test when fleeing through the Hobgoblins and I forgot the dirty backstabbers rule otherwise generally the game went very fluidly and things kind of worked out the way I planned them to.

Here’s the hide-the-bale-from-enemy-cannons deployment trick or htbfecdt for short.

MadHatter:

Writing from the phone since theres no internet here for 2 months now…

Won 2 games!

[/b]
Played the “Bale Bomb 2015 v2.0” list.
*Doom and Darkness + Hellcannon sent the Greyseer and Screaming Bell unit running of the table.
*Khan blocked the Dwarf Great Cannon shooting but took a grapeshot to the face and died.
*One Bale in the front and one in the rear killed a big stormvermin unit off to the last rat with the dual breaths, attacks, burning bodies and thunderstomps when the rats where under Soul Blight, reducing their toughness to 2.
*Chalice + lvl 4’s + scroll shut down all their spells, nothing got through.
*Thorgrim and his Ironbreakers where under Ashstorm the whole game and ignored.

Chaos Dwarfs 1320 Vs. 58 Skaven and Dwarfs

[/b]

Bloodbeard:

Ahahahah! Brilliant! They killed a khan… wow.

How many cannons/lightning cannons did they field in all?

MadHatter:

Ahahahah! Brilliant! They killed a khan... wow.

How many cannons/lightning cannons did they field in all?

Bloodbeard
I was only up against 1 Great Cannon here, while the Khan took the first shot my turn 2 Hellcannon fire took it out. There was also very little chaff on the table. My Hellcannons didn't get to see any CC, neither did the gitz. The Blunderbusses didnt get to shoot... It was the bales being able to support each other that massacred them :) had my turn 6 purple sun worked I would have had alot more than 1320 points... Luckily I got my hellcannon misfires and failed spells during the mopping up phase of the game ;)

MadHatter:

For both games I brought the Dual Bale-Bomb 2015 v2.0 (See armylist section)

Chaos Dwarfs Vs. High Elves 2500

Elves got turn 1, marched forward. Low roll on winds allowed me to cancel his magic-phase with the chalice.

Ashstorm locked his large silverhelm block and a roll on darkforged allowed me to use 3 breaths, destroying his phoenixguards and swordmasters.

When pursuing my hobgoblins the remaining swordmasters ran right into one Hellcannon, where the units arch-mage was stomped to death after he lost the Banner of the World-Dragon to bad rolls.

Soulblight on his prince on dragon allowed the blunderbusses to put 3 wounds on it and 1 on the Prince. High Elf player conceded on my turn 5, both might and magic broken.

Chaos Dwarfs Vs. Empire 2500

He tell me the list is specified against the Bale-Bomb list and puts 2 Great Cannons, Knights with Marius, Empire General and Warrior priest on the table with Balthasar Gelt on Pegasus.

I win turn 1, both Hellcannons charge forward and I fail my magic. It looks grim at this point but with 6 dices I get miscasted purple sun out right over his cannon-nest, bye bye threat-level.

A sniper fails his terror-test and lets me pursue one Bale straight into Gelt. With one Knight-unit under Ashstorm left on the table Empire conceded in turn 4. Both Hellcannons where taken out but Ashstorm and mobile lvl 4’s, Blunderbusses etc. my dominance was supreme.

Admiral:

Big hat dominance established on the battlefield. Nice progress on tabletop! :slight_smile:

MadHatter:

Big hat dominance established on the battlefield. Nice progress on tabletop! :)

Admiral
Thanks :) yep, it sure has stirred the group up. Been getting alot of challenges in now :cheers

MadHatter:

Multiplayer
Chaos Dwarfs and Orcs Vs. Lizardmen and Wood Elves (5000 pts)

Pretty much the worst match-up I could face. Alot of poison, 3 units of skinks with blowpipes and 3 units of poison-archers.

To sum the 2 days of play up the game begun with trolls, hobgoblins and a bale taurus crashing into and killing the slann and the templeguards, second bale had taken 4 wounds from poison shooting but still smashed into the wood elf lvl 4 bunker, bale died but death-prophet survived.

We did well up until second close-combat in day 2 of playing, 80 big unz with choppas stood against 50 sauruses with 2 heroes. Some bad rolls for magic and the sauruses had T8 from stone to flesh. Death-prophet killed the wood elf lvl 4 in single combat then tried to get a small purple sun of straight through the saurus block on 6 dices but failed. After that the rest of the orcs broke and it was Chaos Dwarfs and 3 Trolls against an overwhelming opposition. The game still ended with but 900 points between the two teams and a couple of quotes like;

*A trick we tried which would have won us the game was to Hand of Mork the Blunderbuss-unit behind the woodelves line in our magic-phase, which would have given full unpenalized blunderbuss fire into the frail t3 backs of the woodelves. Unfortunately the greenskin rolled low on the max distance and the elves got a shot in the face instead, allowing a charge from all sides the following turn.

“If you bring both cows I’ll never accept a challenge from you again”

:hashut :hashut

MadHatter:

Make sure to vote in the Community Awards people! :cheers

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=76

MadHatter:

01/09-2015: 5000p, Chaos Dwarfs and High Elves VS. Chaos Warriors and the Empire

I again brought the Bale-bomb, I decided together with the HE player that I should tend to all our magic and he brought frost and flame phoenixes, a prince on dragon, some archers, a lvl 2 shadowmage with a scroll, a large silverhelms unit with Banner of the World-Dragon and a couple of normal archer-units.

Our enemies brought a lvl 4 nurgle daemonprince, 3 greatcannons and a hellcannon, Karl Franz on Deathclaw, lvl 4 of metal on disc of tzeentch, 2 heroes on daemonic mount, festus the leechlord, warriors of chaos, big unit of empire knights with warrior priests and what-not and 2 units of marksmen.

On turn 1 the nurgle DP flies over to our sideline, puts down a large purple sun with 6 dices and goes for the miscast hoping to whipe both my hellcannons, daemonsmith and blunderbusses. He does miscast but it gets kind of short range and only 13 blunders die, he rolls the table and the daemonprince is sucked into the realm of chaos (to much cheering and high-fiving from our team). They aim the cannons at the phoenixes but we wardsave all hits. In our turn 1 the hellcannons puts deathclaw to rest and karl franz is stranded in the village far away from the battle.

The Frostphoenix and Phoenixguards charge the Empire knights and that battle becomes the main event of the game. Festus forced an elixir down the throat of my Khan, killing him, but was killed by a Hellcannon crewman later on.

After that the Tauri started wreaking havoc, one unit ran and was chased down. One breath over marksmen, one over Chaos Warriors, a darkforged str 3 breath used in CC the turn after. HE’s lost their dragon but the Prince survived to crush the knights from the rear in melee with his potion of strength and giant blade. I lost one taurus to greatcannon fire but the stranded death-prophet charged into a chaos chariot of nurgle and wasted it with the Blood of Hashut. Similarly the Hashut-Prophet wasted the enemy hellcannons last wound with his. All while Karl Franz sat in a village shed denying his own points to us, an example to men everywhere.

In turn 5 our opponents conceded, they had an uphill battle since turn 1.

CRUSHING VICTORY!

Some thoughts…
We where incredibly lucky initially to get away from the turn 1 purple sun and the Daemonprince offing himself like that, wow. When deploying against lvl 4 death’s I’ll need to keep in mind not to try and greed the reroll for both cannons like that as we could very well have been loosing this game on that. Now Hashut saved me and the rest of the game was mopping up, chalice messed up their magic, hexes lowered their stats and our communication worked fine. However the thing with these 5k multiplayer-games are that they take time (4 seasoned players, 9 hours, when usually 2,5k 1vs1’s take 2-3h). I have notified my group I am not interested in the 2 vs. 2’s anymore. :cheers

Bloodbeard:

Another great story of slaughter. Great win.

When a WoC player brings a flying nurgle prince and tries to irresistable Purple Sun they deserve to be sucked back into the Warp.

MadHatter:

Another great story of slaughter. Great win.

Bloodbeard
Glad you liked it and thanks!
When a WoC player brings a flying nurgle prince and tries to irresistable Purple Sun they deserve to be sucked back into the Warp.

Bloodbeard
Justice prevailed this time :hashut next game facing WoC I'll be very careful to deploy anything low I next to anything else...

Admiral:

Slaughter across the world! The Daemon Prince got what he deserved. As always, nice battle reports. :slight_smile:

MadHatter:

Slaughter across the world! The Daemon Prince got what he deserved. As always, nice battle reports. :)

Admiral
Thanks my friend :cheers

Abecedar:

Have really enjoyed the reports so please keep them coming

Yodrin:

GZ on the win!!! Great bat.rep. !!