[Archive] Gorgon Studio Hobgoblins

Tokheim:

Has anyone bought some of these?

They look very decent from the pictures, I like the Oriental look!

Fantasy World (28mm)

Hobgoblin Chieftain (1 figure per pack) Sculptor: Piotr Kupper All miniatures are supplied unpainted, unassembled and may not include any accompanying items such as bases, banners or other scenic elements.

$6.00

Hobgoblin Command (3 figures per pack) Sculptor: Piotr Kupper All miniatures are supplied unpainted, unassembled and may not include any accompanying items such as bases, banners or other scenic elements.

$12.00

Hobgoblin Archers 1 (4 figures per pack) Sculptor: Piotr Kupper All miniatures are supplied unpainted, unassembled and may not include any accompanying items such as bases, banners or other scenic elements.

$12.00

Hobgoblin Archers 2 (4 figures per pack) Sculptor: Piotr Kupper All miniatures are supplied unpainted, unassembled and may not include any accompanying items such as bases, banners or other scenic elements.

$12.00

Hobgoblin Shaman (1 figure per pack) Sculptor: Piotr Kupper All miniatures are supplied unpainted, unassembled and may not include any accompanying items such as bases, banners or other scenic elements.

$6.00

Hobgoblin Wolfrider Chieftain (1 figure per pack) Sculptor: Piotr Kupper All miniatures are supplied unpainted, unassembled and may not include any accompanying items such as bases, banners or other scenic elements.

$9.00

Okay, my cut and paste didn’t work…I’ll try to figure out how to get the pictures up here…

Bloodbeard:

Okay, my cut and paste didn't work.........I'll try to figure out how to get the pictures up here......

Tokheim
Right click the image "copy image location". The write the code in your post:

Roark:

I’ve got about 60 of them, and they’re very crisply cast, with very little cleanup required.

I absolutely love my skinny Mongol hobbos!

The only thing I didn’t like too much was the actual wolf, but I swapped him out without too much bother.

BTW, I think Gorgon Studios is just a distributor, and these are more commonly referred to as being Hodag’s Hobgoblins. The guys who run Hodag Games are great blokes. They’ll do bulk deals.

gIL^:

My fiance built Hodag’s website, nice guys.

MiniatureReview:

They look a bit static and too skinny for my taste. I like the older style look of GWs Hobgoblins.

Dînadan:

Not a fan of them, think they look too human. In fact I think that if you painted them with Oriental skin tones they’d look a tad racist. If they had bigger noses, longer faces, hunch backs and bow legs like the GW hobgoblins then it wouldn’t look so bad. As it stands they look like something mediaeval Europeans would use to demonise Mongol invaders, Chinese traders and generally anyone else coming out of the Orient for whatever reason. :confused:

Fuggit Khan:

A friend of mine has an army of them, he uses them as Dark Elves.

A good choice on his part I think, as they do look more elfish than goblin (in my opinion), they are rather tall and thin.

They are very nice models, quite detailed…I would recommend them :slight_smile:

Tokheim:

Thanks for the assist on the photos!

AND, putting them up here!

Bulk deals, huh? I can see using them for something, if not Hobbos! Thanks for the help!!!

I love alternative figures, non-GW ones. The only thing I like better is building totally unique ones myself!

Roark:

If you like basic look, you’ll enjoy them. I think they’re great. I can’t stand GW’s goofy apelike aesthetic, especially alongside FW chaos dwarfs.

Willmark:

Yeah… I’m not sure I like these hobbos. The hobgoblins are what attracted me to chaos dwarfs BITD. These guys look like humans.