[Archive] Gr'ackatoa's CD Force (as per Indy GT) 1000 + 2000 point

dncswlf:

Ok, so I’ve reworked my lists using only the sanctioned Indy Gt book Dwarfs of Chaos.  I did not allocate specific Magic weapons/banners-only what points I would put toward each.  Thoughts?

Gr�?Tackatoa�?Ts Army (As per Indy GT book) 1004 points:

Heros:

1 General (Hero)  65 pts + great weapon 4 + war boar 30 (non Indy GT: �?ocounts as Warg�?�)        

199 pts (up to 25 point magic weapon)

1 Slavemaster with battle standard   65 +25

90 pts  (up to 50 point magic standard)

Core:

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w musician, standard, slaver and eruption gun, chaos armor and crossbows (non Indy GT: +3 pts)

210 pts

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w musician, standard, slaver, and eruption gun.  Each with chaos armor and shields

310 pts

Special:

1 daemoneaters

120pts

Gr�?Tackatoas Army (as per Indy GT book)  1999 ponits

Lord:

1 High Priest of Hushut 210pts + upgrade to lvl 4 35 pts

245 pts (up to 35 point magic weapon)

Heros:

1 General (Hero)  65 pts + great weapon 4 + war boar 30 (non Indy GT: �?ocounts as Warg�?�)        

199 pts (up to 25 point magic weapon)

1 Slavemaster with battle standard   65 +25

90 pts  (up to 50 point magic standard)

Core:

10 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w musician, standard, slaver and eruption gun, chaos armor and crossbows (non Indy GT: +3 pts)

210 pts

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w musician, standard, slaver, and eruption gun.  Each with chaos armor and Great Weapons

265 pts

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w musician, standard, slaver, and eruption gun.  Each with chaos armor and shields

310 pts  (up to 25 point magic banner)

Special:

2 daemoneaters

240pts

Rare:

Kollossus Daemon Tower

330pts

dncswlf:

And I went ahead and made a 3000 point list using figures I am working on, but are not yet complete:

Gr�?Tackatoas Army (as per Indy GT book) 2999 ponits

Lords:

1 High Priest of Hushut 210pts + upgrade to lvl 4 35 pts

245 pts (up to 80 point magic weapon)

1 General (Overlord) 145 pts + great weapon 6 + war boar 30 (non Indy GT: �?ocounts as Warg�?�)

199 pts (up to 80 point magic weapon)

Heros:

1 Slavemaster with battle standard 65 +25

90 pts (up to 50 point magic standard)

1 Demonsmith (figure being converted: not completed)

110pts (up to 25 point magic item)

Core:

210 pts

15 Chaos Dwarf Annihilators w musician, standard bearer, slaver

205pts (figures being converted not done yet)

15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w musician, standard, slaver, and eruption gun. Each with chaos armor and Great Weapons

265 pts

20 Chaos Dwarf Warriors w musician, standard, slaver, and eruption gun. Each with chaos armor and shields

310 pts (up to 25 point magic banner)

20 Hobgoblin stikkas w musician, standard, and taskmaster

120pts (Represented by Night goblins from BFSP)

Special:

3 daemoneaters

360pts

1 Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket (Figures being converted: almost done!)

90 pts

5 Obsidian Guard with Standard, Musician, and Darklon each with Great Weapons

105 pts (Figures being converted: not done yet)

Rare:

Kollossus Daemon Tower

330pts

Earth Shaker Cannon

100 pts

cricketofdeth:

I will comment on your 2000 point list, as that is the most common point setting I play.

First off, you need to allocate more points to your sorc lord, 35 isn’t enough. If you want him as your sole caster, you will need a scroll, and the hat of asroth (+1PD), and that’s just to have a “mediocre” phase. If you want a decent magic phase, and taking a LV4 to me says you do want it, drop the non-BSB hero, and get a demon smith as well.

On to the army, you’re very static, but with no long range threats. Your army can easily be out maneuvered, and there’s not really a lot you can do about with this list. Some hobgoblin wolf riders would help with this.

I would drop the colossus and get a hellcannon or earth shaker in the list, if you want to be really tight with points, a death rocket will do. I would also drop the eruption guns and get bolt throwers. The bolt throwers have better range, and the ability to take out monsters, heavy infantry, and cav with ease.

Drop the chaos armer, and just get more chaos dwarfs, it’s critical that you are not out-numbered by fear, right now that’s very easy to do.

I love the demon eaters, but bull centaurs are a better choice. The BC are faster, hit harder and most importantly, take ranks when engaged in the flanks. Skip the command though, just get another BC instead. Also the BC with help with your maneuverability issues, allowing you to threaten with long charges and such.

With any points you have left over, just get more chaos dwarfs, or a big unit of hobgoblins.

I hope this helps you out a little.

dncswlf:

The Magic suggestions sound solid… I’m coming off of mainly playing regular dwarfs… and as such never getting much in teh way of magic… I also only recently started playing 7th edition… I still play using 4th edition magic cards and whatnot… but for the newer system, I’ll have to see what happens with more games… as to the other suggestions I have to get more pieces! I’m currently working on bull centaurs, but only have parts for 2. Not familiar with the outnumbered rule (as like I said I’ve only played 2 games using 7th edition, and the guy I was playing was not very familiar with the rules either… my limit is really the number of models I actually have… Thanks for the suggestions!

cricketofdeth:

Hey no problem. The “out numbered by fear causing unit” rule means that if you loose combat to unit that causes fear, and you are out numbered by them (determined by unit strength) you fail your break test and automatically flee (unless you roll snake eyes, this is called “insane courage”).

You can always try new unit/minis out by using empty bases, or the unconverted dwarfs/grudge ponies.

Good luck with you chaos dwarfs, and welcome to the dark side for 7th edition.

dncswlf:

yeah… hmmm, I don’t think that’s a new 7th edition rule… come to think of it… but I could be wrong… don’t remember an insane courage rule ha! also I feel like i’m learning 7th edition, just as 8th edition is about to be released, so I don’t know how into it I’m going to get! As to using proxies… yeah there is always that, I’m just a stickler for how the battlefield looks, it’s just me, but I like to have it as real looking as possible… though trying out forces before investing in them does sound like a good idea… after 20 years of wargaming you’d think I would have learned that! ha!