[Archive] Greebo chaos dwarfs!

inkpwn:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but let’s go anyway.

Greebo miniatures are soon to be releasing their new line of chaos dwarf and hobs for fantasy football (blood bowl, elfball e.tc). Personally I belive them to be some of the greatest cd’s and hobs ever and with the concept art for the bull centaurs looking as lovely as it does I think they may be winning that one as well. (No offense to anyone but these guys seriously rock)
With a little conversion they would make great characters imo or with a lot of conversion a very colourfull unit.
Here’s a link to the talk fantasy football boards discussion= Greebo: Volmarian Team ( Chaos Dwarf ) - Talk Fantasy Football

Concept art= http://www.greebo.it/greebo/concept/Pagine/Nani_Del_Chaos.html

And yes I do know you have to log in to TFF to look at the thread :frowning: .
I do have permison from greebo themselves to start this thread fyi.

nitroglysarine:

(n/b - requires log-in to see the thread)

clam:

If question was: “Will you buy these?”, my answer would be “Yes, probably I will” - but not for WfB but for BB/FF - so my answer had to be ‘no’. But like you said, certainly some great miniatures - and a nice new approach to CDs - and will end up in my collection, pretty sure of that.

inkpwn:

How can I change the poll? I did just want it to say ‘would you buy these’. Couldn’t seem to edit it :frowning:

clam:

Only a mod can do that. Try PM one of those - if it really matters.

Giftzwerg:

seriously good minis. Love the chaos dwarfs, less likely to buy the hobgoblins, but appreciate the sculpting of them

G.2:

I am loving these Chaos dwarfs

1. They are just the right “chunkiness”. I really that

2. They have some really nice facial expressions - the snarls and the teeth look great.

3. I like their muscular arms.

4. Even though I am a fan of BIG hats, these hats are acceptable. I would be happy to build a WHOLE army of them. Obviously they need to have weapons, I am not sending football players into battle.

5. The beards are perfect, in size and execution.

6. I think the horns on their helmets are just the right dimensions. They are neither too big or too small. I really like the the “Rhino” horn of the sixth-from-top Chaos Dwarf.

The Hobgoblins don’t fit my vision of what hobgoblins look like (I have been brain-washed by GW), and even though they look really nice and I can’t fault any of the models, I will not be adding these to my army in a hurry.

Thanks for sharing these really nice models. I would go as far to say that they are better than anything on the market at the moment, and that indludes the Forgeworld minis.

Willmark:

Not so sure about the hobgoblins but the Chaos Dwarfs look pretty cool.

Zanko:

I don’t like the facial expressions of the CDs - that’s a reason not to buy them!

The Hobgoblins head/face reminds me of frogs so they are a “no go” imo!

I’m also not sure about the size - they seem much too huge/bulky …

So the guys got a “no” from me!

:hashut

tjub:

If question was: "Will you buy these?", my answer would be "Yes, probably I will" - but not for WfB but for BB/FF - so my answer had to be 'no'. But like you said, certainly some great miniatures - and a nice new approach to CDs - and will end up in my collection, pretty sure of that.

clam
All of the above! :)

G.2:

The Hobgoblins head/face reminds me of frogs

Zanko
I would say that they look reptilian. Not quite frogs and not quite lizards, but "just" reptelian. Certainly not hobgoblins.

inkpwn:

The Hobgoblins head/face reminds me of frogs

Zanko
I would say that they look reptilian. Not quite frogs and not quite lizards, but "just" reptelian. Certainly not hobgoblins.

G.2
I still like them, they look like grown pathfinder goblins.
Oh and they are being cast in white metal. Forgot to mention that.wa

Ben Saunders:

The dwarfs look great. Too bad I just started converting my own CD BB team, because to be honest those are much better. (Though I do prefer plastics.)

Don’t like the hobgoblins though.

G.2:

Oh and they are being cast in white metal. Forgot to mention that.

inkpwn
This is what I was hoping you would say. You just great. Thanks.