[Archive] Greed **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not read a lot fo the thread, but as I started, I had a brainwave thought: the greed for gold of the Dwarfs would be a major fuelling fact, as would the gluttunous greed of the ogres/halflings.

The gold mayhaps dictates his colour (similar to how blue is Tzeentch, red is Khorne etc), the Hearth-mother is actually a perverse form of Hashut or something and the Maw could easily be Hashut in another guise (like Nurgle and the Great Horned one to the plague monks etc…).

Fequiil:

Chaos dwarfs - industrial furnaces and raw capitalism.
HISTORY IS ON OUR SIDE !!!!

ashur
sounds alot like the 19th century if you'd ask me...
wait! we're the bourgeoisie! (they were greed):D
i think ancient history is right, chaos dwarfs do want everything they can't get.
i mean, they're fighting dwarfs, why?
not because they hate 'em, but because they can't beat 'em!
everything would be way easier for them if they would fight the empire, but they won't. they just need to prove those southerlings they're better.

Nicodemus:

The skull
The split skull has more obscure connections to Hashut.  It may be depicted as splitting by natural means, perhaps to show the brutal dominating power the Chaos Dwarfs and Hashut by extension have over those they enslave.  Used in combination with other symbols however opens up many more interpretations.  

The split in the skull is often depicted as lightning.  It is my belief that this represents a more direct connection with Hashut, the literal power to split skulls.  Lightning is sometimes shown hovering about the skull, perhaps both a threat and warning of the power Hashut has.

Grimstonefire
My thinking has always been that volcanoes, ash and lightning were all symbolic references to the Dark Lands. For example the banner depicting the volcano with lightning bolts above it is the most common.  The lightning theme also carries on into lots of things, and it seems that it may just represent powerful energies, magical or otherwise. One of the 4th ED CD Sorcerers has lightning bolts on his big hat too.  I'm not convinced that there's any more meaning to the lightning in connection with Hashut, however.

That was more of a ramble I guess than any clear thoughts.

On a related note, I'm so glad to see all these thoughts about greed. Makes the significance of my Greed Cart unit filler all the better!! ;)

~N